Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Pernod is bloody good, as well.
    I haven't tried the Absinthe, though.
    I love the traditional, with ice and a splash of water...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I am not familiar with it, another aromatic aperitif?

I guess that is a perfect description.
    Seriously, get a bottle, try it.
    2/3 Pernod, and 1/3 water, on ice. Its cool...it clouds up with the introduction of the water...good stuff.

I guess that is a perfect description.
    Seriously, get a bottle, try it.
    2/3 Pernod, and 1/3 water, on ice. Its cool...it clouds up with the introduction of the water...good stuff.
    Pernod, Pastis 51 ... Mandatory aperitif in south eastern France. A way of life...
    Also avalable as anisette, sweeter and less alcohol.
    It's usualy drank as a long drink : 2/3 Pernod is rough. 1/5 to 1/10 pastis is the norm. (We're talking 45° alcohol here).

Hmm, served with some tapenade canapés, dry sausage, olives in various dressing, dry tomatoes. Some raw anchovies maybe.
    Summer is just around the corner...
    Last edited by philippeR; 06-05-2008 at 03:01 AM.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    It's usualy drank as a long drink : 2/3 Pernod is rough. 1/5 to 1/10 pastis is the norm. (We're talking 45° alcohol here).

Bloody pussies. When I drank with the old drunks in Marseille, damn straight it was 2/3rds Pastis. Man, I miss those old frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I am not familiar with it, another aromatic aperitif?
    Yup. I believe it was created when absinthe was banned. It is very enjoyable, but very easy to drink a dangerous amount due to the lower alcohol content and the flavor.

I am glad they started making absinthe again.

actually the newest threat to national security is Ali Lohan:

with a name like "Ali" she's probably a muslim extremist. combine that with her sister's hard partying ways and you've got a combination that could rock this great nation down to it's foundations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    It's been nice ignoring the utter waste of breathable air that is Nanuq. I'm glad others found his remarks as loathsome as I did.

Go away Nanuq, you are not funny, and have no redeeming value that I've seen (no, target for justified insults doesn't count). You don't even seem to understand that the trash talking on this board has never involved describing molestation people's offspring, and don't have the good sense to immediately apologize once your error is explained to you. You are a real loser, not just someone called a loser during a flame war, just a morally depraved clown who doesn't have a sense of right and wrong, nor a willingness to learn. Just go away.
    Am I seeing things again, or did you just type out two paragraphs of your usual innane drivel to someone you have on "ignore"? Way to "ignore" somebody, Grigori! Sadly you won't be reading this post because you have Jer on your ignore list. I'm sure that won't stop you from posting some long-winded rebuttal, tho.

Anybody remember Ali Score - the drummer in A Flock of Seagulls? He looked like a mass murderer.

bottom right
    Last edited by Jer; 06-05-2008 at 04:49 PM.

Telebobski: Yer daugher has bigger problems to worry about since it appears that she is a student at Arizona State. Sorry for your loss, man.

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    Don't take it personally, I'm just a frustrated frequent flier and it kills me how many people think they can be the single exception to the rules when dealing with the TSA, as you have recently witnessed. The TSA is truly a bunch of idiots, but as long as they are running the game we all have to play by their stupid rules, with unfortunately no exceptions, even for an unarmed snow globe.
    No argument there - hope I didn't come across as calling you out

Your daughter sounds like she's got a good head on her shoulder and can see the sad state of Nanuq's ugly life. It's good to hear that she (and you) weren't seriously offended by his crude fantasies.
    At times like this I think of something my grandfather told me when I was little - "God dammit Bobby, don't get in a farting contest with a horse's ass". Wisdom I've tried to pass along.

Thanks to you mags who spoke up

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    Telebobski: Yer daugher has bigger problems to worry about since it appears that she is a student at Arizona State. Sorry for your loss, man.
    Yup, sometimes things don't turn out like you hope. She was accepted to Westminster in SLC. They have a quad room in the dorms set aside for parent visits. I was already scheming a justification to my wife for a season pass at Alta and here at home. But nooooo...

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Yup, sometimes things don't turn out like you hope. She was accepted to Westminster in SLC. They have a quad room in the dorms set aside for parent visits. I was already scheming a justification to my wife for a season pass at Alta and here at home. But nooooo...
    Kids these days!

Liberal Genius Guest
    This.thread.is.shit.

Could we all take turns 'pretending' to be her parents?

Wait...that sounds creepy...sorry.

(Seriously, the Westminster campus is a GREAT location, I am ~5 blocks away from there right now. Good school, too!)

No Shakes. Where are you baby? Puss out?
    "She loved snow...That was the simple objective, being airborne, up longer, higher, more casually and with more fuckoff elegance than anyone else...Such endeavours require a kind of egotism, a near autistic narrowness. Everything conspires against you, the habits of physics, the impulse to flee and you're weighted down by every dollop of commonsense ever dished up. Everyone will tell you your goal is impossible, pointless, stupid, wasteful. This idiot resolve is all you have."
    -Tim Winton

My 4.5 year old son is on the no fly list. His name sounds too Irish

willing to eat Mexican food that is made north of Canada
    Best Mexican food I ever had was in Haines, AK. I'm serious.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_ripper View Post
    No Shakes. Where are you baby? Puss out?
    I told him to go away, and such is my power, that he was compelled to comply.

telebobski,

Don't take it personally, I'm just a frustrated frequent flier and it kills me how many people think they can be the single exception to the rules when dealing with the TSA, as you have recently witnessed. The TSA is truly a bunch of idiots, but as long as they are running the game we all have to play by their stupid rules, with unfortunately no exceptions, even for an unarmed snow globe.
    I am 100% with you here. I fly a couple roundtrips a week (give or take) and nothing irritates me more than the guy that has a "special circumstance" that means he doesn't have to take his shoes off.

As if the 45 year old TSA agent who earned his GED last week is going to understand any logic or risk his first job in 4 months for a 10 yard walk without shoes. The rules are what they are. We must play by them b/c anything outside of the rules will just delay my trip through security.

Airport security is a giant scam that is only there to make the masses feel better about flying. TSA has only been effective in adding to the time it takes to get to the gate.

Bloody pussies. When I drank with the old drunks in Marseille, damn straight it was 2/3rds Pastis. Man, I miss those old frogs.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso