Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210110_104635_capture.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	919.3 KB 
ID:	357537
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Name:	20210112_152321.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	963.3 KB 
ID:	357641

The 'new' piece of equipment at KC. New owner asked me if I wanted to learn to operate it. Said yes.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Thanks! Early morning. North bound. 50 miles or more at 70 mph before we saw another vehicle, and that was a snowplow. 10 below f. Traveling music turned up.

The nondescript peak in the background is Gilmore Peak, or as some call it, Meadow Lake Peak. Very rugged when viewed from the NE.
    Attachment 356308
    Looking thin up there. Such cool history in that immediate area, holes poked all around those mountains and valley in search of some sort of ore treasure.

Windy today and fuck did I say it was windy?

Name:	Screenshot_20210113-155824_Flickr.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	556.1 KB 
ID:	357775
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Looking thin up there. Such cool history in that immediate area, holes poked all around those mountains and valley in search of some sort of ore treasure.
    Always kinda thin up there. That shot from about a month ago. Rain shadowed by the LRR, Pioneers and more. Usually enough to snowboard in June tho. Mining activities were once prevalent on both sides of the valley. Climbed a dozen peaks or more here in my youth. Now again in my memories.

Name:	20210115_154431.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	358116
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Usually I am behind the camera...had my daughter take over today, she wanted some shots of me as we have very few.

One more for the file.....
    post #411
    from March 10, 2012

I have always remembered the pic. of You "airborne" in 2012 -
    ( If the photos don't repost, I will probably delete this post )

I should probably figure-out how to link quotes from multiple posts, Because I believe your story from 2012 can be educational to some of us... ( to follow ) -

And LBL, Thank You ! You have become a Great friend to me, And
    knowing you and your Family is a Gift to me - Thank You ! !!
    with love, my friend. ! ! tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Cardiac arrest on the afternoon of January 15. Just returned from a little split-boarding in the BC with a good buddy. I walked in the front door, stood in the kitchen and then collapsed. My heart stopped. Breathing stopped. Dead on the floor. Gone in a split second. Wife was home thankfully. Dialed 911. EMT's at the door in 3 minutes. CPR and in between they took the paddles to me - 7 times in total. 4 times on the kitchen floor and 3 in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Woke the next day, after surgery. 5 Stents.

8 days later I am home. Even returned to work, part time, the day after I left hospital. Now? Diet. Exercise also, but I was already quite active. I asked the doctor how long would it be before I can return to snowboarding.... he said "give it a week." Actually waiting for my chest / sternum / ribs to heal. Kinda sore in that area.

Many thanks to all that helped save my sorry ass. My wife, the EMTs, the doctors and nurses. Thanks to all who expressed concern, I didn't know that many people cared. Quite humbling.

The day - My buddy Dave Bramwell
    post #353
    page 15
    January 30, 2012

I know, right? One of the EMTs talked to my wife a few days after this happened. She said that in 17 years that they have never saved anyone (here in Ririe) who was in full cardiac arrest. Zero. She said that most of the time that the person was found too late, or that the arrest was too severe. I was stunned to hear that. Really? No one, ever? I will have to ask for myself to confirm this statement, but damn. Makes one really think about one's own mortality.

Will this change my life? I doubt it, I was already having a pretty good one. I will continue to live life to the fullest, bring it on!
    post #366
    page 16
    January 31, 2012

Some thoughts.

I have learned about heart attacks, obviously. That it kills people is widely known. We all know that. People who are overweight and exercise little are susceptible to heart disease. We know that too. What we may not know is – people who get plenty of exercise, who are out climbing often, who ski and snowboard, also die from heart attacks.

After falling unconscious onto my kitchen floor, I woke with 5 stents in two of my coronary arteries that feed blood to my heart. This was a potential fatal, life threatening condition. You've all heard about a star athlete who is on the field and drops dead of a heart attack, or some climber you have heard of .....is BOOM, gone.

This is what the experts say about Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD), "..a swift and unexpected death caused by a heart condition, which may or may not be obvious. SCD varies in its range of definition. Usually, though, it applies to a situation where the person, who was thought to be free of heart disease, suddenly dies. The reference goes on to say, "the first symptom of the disease is sudden death."

Interviews with family of the victims usually reveal that there was some angina (chest discomfort or tightness), or heart irregularity, and/or shortness of breath, and worsening of the symptoms over a few days or a few hours before sudden collapse and death in 75% of these people. That was me, heart irregularity. Some of these symptoms may even be self-diagnosed by the victims as indigestion, fatigue, muscle pains, or depression. Self-denial (of symptoms) (also me) makes this condition treacherous. Anyone with any of these symptoms should consult their physicians without delay." This can and does happen to anyone.

But it will cost money to go get checked out you whine……… Not nearly as much as my total bill of + $150,000…. and I was one of the lucky few who survived. Let me repeat myself. One of the lucky few who survived.

How lucky was I? Imagine if this had happened when my wife was not home. Or that I was asleep in my bed. Hiking on the mountain. I could have been anywhere - where help was not available as fast. And it has to be fast. 15 to 20 minutes? Too long. 1 to 3 minutes is about all you have. That is a very small window. That is where I was fortunate. They got to me very fast. I can't say this enough - I was lucky.

Now that I am back to normal (yeah I know, I will never be normal again), I will leave these thoughts with you, and shut up about it already. Think about what I said here and see if it might apply to you, or someone you love. If it does, then do something about it. Now.
    post #419
    page 17
    March 20, 2019

Not the one I was going to 'bump' but maybe More important -

again - my great 'Thanks' to LBL ! !! I love this thread - Thank you for your "stoke" , LBL ! !
    ( and thank you for your friendship ! LBL ! !! ) tj

She likes snow - this much.

Just had to 'bump' this pic. of 'Charlie' -
    for a couple years after LBL posted it, it was my screensaver ( old laptop ) -

'Charlie' is Not a young dog anymore - and lives with 'BigLost's daughter...
    when I met Charlie two years ago, she growled at me ( Not loudly, but Just a quiet Caution!

That's okay - Charlie is a Great dog ! !! )

'BigLost ! Thank you for this thread ! !!! tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Name:	Screenshot_20210117-132557_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	425.5 KB 
ID:	358397

Name:	IMG_1791.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	422.3 KB 
ID:	358398

Name:	Screenshot_20210117-132458_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	369.1 KB 
ID:	358399

Was a good day. We did 6 runs with Liam.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Name:	Screenshot_20210121-194631_Motion photo viewer.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	645.3 KB 
ID:	359167

Name:	Screenshot_20210121-190735_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	864.3 KB 
ID:	359168

Name:	20210122_135219.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1,001.9 KB 
ID:	359170

Tate and I had much fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210121_152416.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	855.0 KB 
ID:	359169  
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Name:	20210122_135755.jpg 
Size:	1,016.1 KB 
ID:	359172

The hill is as good as it gets. Come get some.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

That's it, I'm goin'...

LBL - you gots a regular schedule or should I just holla at ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    That's it, I'm goin'...

LBL - you gots a regular schedule or should I just holla at ya?
    No regular schedule.. but I am almost always there. I'll pm my #. Text me.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Name:	Screenshot_20210124-133832_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	948.8 KB 
ID:	359495

Much fun today. Liam did 5 runs off the top. Nice.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

KC opens at 1 tomorrow. I will be there snowboarding....y'all.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Name:	20210125_134457_capture.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	359641

Took a few runs. Was nice. Home making dinner right now, going back up this evening.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Awful yesterday. Awfully good that is. So nice I went twice. 6 runs that afternoon. Went home for dinner. Then night riding with Tate for 4 more awfully good, awfully fast runs.

This from home afterwards.

Name:	20210125_201817.jpg 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	359814
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

My buddy Dean Lords today. Humble, funny, sincere, and oh so much more. Just a great all around guy. http://www.mammutathleteteam.com/sea...n%20Lords.html

Name:	Screenshot_20210130-195114_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	603.1 KB 
ID:	360588
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Name:	Screenshot_20210131-165431_Gallery.jpg 
Size:	747.9 KB 
ID:	360674

Em at the hill today. She's 4.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Name:	Screenshot_20210131-165431_Gallery.jpg 
Size:	747.9 KB 
ID:	360674

Em at the hill today. She's 4.

^^ fantastic picture!! what a shredder!

Awful yesterday. Awfully good that is. So nice I went twice. 6 runs that afternoon. Went home for dinner. Then night riding with Tate for 4 more awfully good, awfully fast runs.

This from home afterwards.

Name:	20210125_201817.jpg 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	359814
    You have a bra tree at home? Just kidding, I had to look twice though!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    More cowbell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    You have a bra tree at home? Just kidding, I had to look twice though!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yes, yes it does now that you mention it. Lol.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

She found out. She's beginning to understand. It's being in the moment. Have you been there? Em has. She's 4. #waybeyondexpectations #waycoolerthaniwas

Name:	Screenshot_20210131-180337_Gallery.jpg 
Size:	676.0 KB 
ID:	360685
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 02-01-2021 at 06:01 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge