Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    LBL --

YOU Are The Man .

... as We Like to say around Here ,

' FKNA '

Thank You. tj
    ;-)

Just looking at a couple of UP ski resort pages..... I WILL NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT KC AND THEIR LOUSY 900FT OF VERT AGAIN. Or the price, even though I don't pay. wOw.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Some of this today. Nice opener for Tate and I.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

: )

... ' Glad You are Out There ... !

tj

Jeebus Crikey!!!!!

I just found this thread and I am glad I did!!!!

Not a "professional" photographer, you say?? Doesn't matter....you're WAYYY better than most "professionals" out there!!

You've got the eye for the shot, and that is what counts!

Thanks for the ridiculously awesome pics!!!
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

: )

... ' Glad You are Out There ... !

tj

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Jeebus Crikey!!!!!

Not a "professional" photographer, you say?? Doesn't matter....you're WAYYY better than most "professionals" out there!!

Thanks guys! Watched the little one all day Saturday in order to take Sunday off. It is what we do, take turns when we each need a bit of time to ourselves.

From yesterday......While Tate and I were getting ready to head down the hill, a group of young skiers and boarders with a couple of dogs went by us. We were sitting near the top by the Rock Garden. One of the dogs (Russell) did not want any part of the deep snow. Owners stopped part way down and tried to coax Russell down. Nope. He stayed near Tate and I, whining and pacing back and forth, trying to work up enough nerve to “swim” the deep snow down to his master(s). We assured them that we would bring him down with us as soon as we got our shit together and buckled in. I was taking a bit longer than Tate and he took off to grab Russell. I was still putting things in my pack and look up to see Tate snowboarding down the mountain with Russell in his arms. Keep in mind, Russell was no small dog, perhaps in the 35lb range.

Look far left....pretty cool…..

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

That is cool! I have been enjoying the pics for a while, but this one made me chuckle. Nice stoke through and through!
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Wow, just realized the epic that is this thread. Where are these photos taken? Like what ranges/ski areas?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

dude .

Read It . It Is in there - ... and A Lot More ...

LBL for HOF inclusion ! !!

Wow, just realized the epic that is this thread. Where are these photos taken? Like what ranges/ski areas?
    The latest photos are from Targhee over the weekend, and most photos that I post are from about a 200 mile radius from Ririe Idaho. I call Kelly Canyon my home base. Small hill, but is open till 9pm most evenings. Works for me.

My son and snowboarding companion extraordinaire,Tate, up to KC....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    Jeebus Crikey!!!!!

This is exactly what I was going to say. Nice work!!!

Corollary: if you had any interest, you could definitely make it as a pro. You've got the skills and the feel (the latter being something which may or may not be learnable).

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post
    This is exactly what I was going to say. Nice work!!!

Corollary: if you had any interest, you could definitely make it as a pro. You've got the skills and the feel (the latter being something which may or may not be learnable).
    Thanks. Not sure that I am all that good. A large part of it is being in such an awesomely beautiful area, and the ability to see beauty in damn near all things. It is there, though one may have to look long and hard for it. Also, it helps to be a bit of a loner. No one particularly likes to tag along just to have me stop ALL THE DAMN TIME to squeeze off another shot. And I don't like the idea of having to accommodate for others who are always in such a big hurry to get there.....wherever there is. So I tend to go alone. Not something my wife likes as she worries about me. So it is a bit of a conundrum. I know the associated risks, but were I unable to spend time to chase my "hobby" I would be unhappy.

Go pro? Naw. This is fun. Guessing that unless the gig was fun AND profitable that I would lose at that game. So, I do it as part of my normal life, as far as normal goes.

The feel? Yeah, I know what you are talking about. Some of it is learned through much is intuitive. Having the mindset of being a photographer ALL of the time helps.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

You could take all the damn pictures you want if you let me tag along. Lol.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

yep. me too ...

yep. me too ...
    Thanks guys, but I think you might find the reality to be less than fun, in the funnest sense of the word. ;-)

But if anyone wants to have some shots done of themselves at Targhee, hit me up. I am pretty cheap (read free) and it always turns into a kickass fun and totally awesome time!! Really.

Spent part of the weekend with my daughter and grand-baby up on the river. Weather has been phenomenal. Teneile spent her time flyfishing, and Liam and I rolled around in the leaves and dead vegetation for an hour or so, looking at shit and getting dirty. What fun.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

is it just me(,) Or

... is it Liam picking - up GrandDad's expressions . . .

lordy , What A pair ! !!

Rock On ! !

great shots - as always -- Thank You !

is it just me(,) Or

... is it Liam picking - up GrandDad's expressions . . .

lordy , What A pair ! !!

Rock On ! !

great shots - as always -- Thank You !
    Wow!! Much thanks to skiJ and MiCol for a gift WAY beyond any expectations! This is just amazing. More than amazing. Wow, again, what an unbelievably awesome thing you have done. Be assured it will go to good use and I absolutely cannot wait to use it!!

Now for some not so good news. The company I work(ed) for filed for bankruptcy and have let me go. Yesterday. Bummer. Now I have to figure out what to do. Short term is some unemployment and part time work at the ski hill. That should keep me somewhat afloat for a few weeks/months and should see me through till something comes along. And it will. I always look at these things as an opportunity to go out and see if I can't improve upon my lot in life.....who knows what the future holds?

Now, if only it was snowing, that would help the situation!

BTW - Targhee on Sunday. Incredible! Me 'n Tate had much fun.

Again, thanks you two!!!! My next set of snowboarding related pics will show everyone what a kickASS thing you have done!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Tate looks Good ... on his board !

... You look ,,, like Liam --

' Sorry about the job. I will be,,, surprised if you don't have Three offers within A month .

November sure ain't The Time ... unless you want to be a Retail grunt for A month .

Carry On! JB ! You Are The Man!

tj

LBL --

' Hope [ things ] are Good and your Family had a Good holiday ...

When ' s KC Open ?

... Hope it is Deep! ... skiJ

LBL --

' Hope [ things ] are Good and your Family had a Good holiday ...

When ' s KC Open ?

... Hope it is Deep! ... skiJ
    No deep yet, but might hit the pass tomorrow. Snowing a bit but very light and sparse here at the house. KC not open yet. Perhaps this week if it snows enough. Pretty typical of this hill, opening mid December is fairly standard. Low elevation doesn't help. Bottom of Targhee is higher than the top of Kellys.

Thanksgiving a bit subdued this year on account of situation. And Christmas? Bahh humbug. ;-)

Here is a shot of the Tetons....always lifts my spirits....

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    No deep yet, but might hit the pass tomorrow. Snowing a bit but very light and sparse here at the house. KC not open yet. Perhaps this week if it snows enough. Pretty typical of this hill, opening mid December is fairly standard. Low elevation doesn't help. Bottom of Targhee is higher than the top of Kellys.

Thanksgiving a bit subdued this year on account of situation. And Christmas? Bahh humbug. ;-)

Here is a shot of the Tetons....always lifts my spirits....

I Missed The wink the first time --

I ' ll bet You are a hell - of - a Scrooge. And ... Santa !

What Is The bird in your photo ? ?

humbug my ass -- tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Sorry about your job, I too was just laid off, but I have consulting work to do thankfully. You say you don't want to be a pro photog but you obviously have a passion for it. I'm planning to go pro in my retirement - maybe you should re-consider it!

I Missed The wink the first time --

I ' ll bet You are a hell - of - a Scrooge. And ... Santa !

What Is The bird in your photo ? ?

humbug my ass -- tj
    tj, the little one will see a wonderful Christmas morning, but as a rule, when the kids get older we tend to direct our attention to time spent together outdoors on a hill somewhere, not so much opening presents under a tree. Those memories tend to stay with us longer. Good times.

The bird? A raven I suspect. Gotta tell you that there is nothing like the lonely croak of a raven when one is on a mountain top somewhere. More than once I have experienced just such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cocavaak View Post
    Sorry about your job, I too was just laid off, but I have consulting work to do thankfully. You say you don't want to be a pro photog but you obviously have a passion for it. I'm planning to go pro in my retirement - maybe you should re-consider it!
    Thanks! I have thought about it lately. Gotta start somewhere, but I am unsure how to go about it though....

Did make it up to the pass yesterday. Temperatures where absolutely brutal. Used my new coat to great satisfaction. Again thanks to MiCol and skiJ!!!!! The Freeride Antero II jacket performed wonderfully! Temps around 0f and a light breeze to make it incredibly cold. Was able to get some awesome turns in. Damn!!

Beautiful day....

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    tj, the little one will see a wonderful Christmas morning, but as a rule, when the kids get older we tend to direct our attention to time spent together outdoors on a hill somewhere, not so much opening presents under a tree. Those memories tend to stay with us longer. Good times.

The bird? A raven I suspect. Gotta tell you that there is nothing like the lonely croak of a raven when one is on a mountain top somewhere. More than once I have experienced just such a thing.

Thanks! I have thought about it lately. Gotta start somewhere, but I am unsure how to go about it though....

Did make it up to the pass yesterday. Temperatures where absolutely brutal. Used my new coat to great satisfaction. Again thanks to MiCol and skiJ!!!!! The Freeride Antero II jacket performed wonderfully! Temps around 0f and a light breeze to make it incredibly cold. Was able to get some awesome turns in. Damn!!

Beautiful day....

yo --

Your Time and Your attention are your Best Gifts - Agreed --

I already see it in L. 's expression !

we had a raven Here last winter .

I choose to Believe it was Coombs' Spirit -- [ See 'STEEP' ]

PhotoPro. Watch your mail ...

... hang In There .

( I Like The Photo of You in (Mustard) )

Ride like The wind. tj

thanks for sharing the picks
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Wearing the Jacket, carrying the split...

Tate and I raided KC today. The top was awesome. The bottom...not so much.... it will be a while still before it opens.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge