Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

... thanks... !

hey, LBL ... Thanks ! for your photos. You make that jacket look Good ! !

... I appreciate the "poached" turns --

I hope they can get something open by The 26th.
    I guess you can always run for 'ghee .

... Can I get A Hat like that ( / yours ). in Red-and-white ? I will pay--

I Hope your Family has a good holiday. humbug my ass ...

Ride On! JB...

tj

Yeah, the hill manager saw us as we got to the bottom, I could tell he had his hackles up from a distance. When he saw it was just us he instantly mellowed. He said "What you guys up to?" and I replied, "We're up here trespassing!!" He laughed.

They hope to open this weekend, but damn, very little snow. We shall see how it goes.

Hope to head for BigSky tomorrow with some discount vouchers courtesy beer30!

My wife made the hat to match the jacket, and would love to make you one (no charge of course). She is asking what color red, christmas red, or burgandy red, or some other shade of red...and do you want it white, with red stripes, or red with white stripes??? ;-)

Some more photos...

Milo and Scruffy

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    hey, LBL ... Thanks ! for your photos. You make that jacket look Good ! !

... I appreciate the "poached" turns --

I hope they can get something open by The 26th.
    I guess you can always run for 'ghee .

... Can I get A Hat like that ( / yours ). in Red-and-white ? I will pay--

I Hope your Family has a good holiday. humbug my ass ...

Ride On! JB...

tj
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

hehe...

Don't they shoot trespassers in Idaho ... (?) : )

Freeride Systems Red - With white , Pleeeeease ... (! ? !)

I Hope You have a Good weekend., and a 'better' holiday ... and weather suitable for being Outside With Liam. ...

Ride On ! JB.

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

hehe...

Don't they shoot trespassers in Idaho ... (?) : )

Freeride Systems Red - With white , Pleeeeease ... (! ? !)

I Hope You have a Good weekend., and a 'better' holiday ... and weather suitable for being Outside With Liam. ...

Ride On ! JB.

tj
    Freeride Systems red it is. Give us a few days and my wife will have it done. She likes to knit and crochet as much as I like to snowboard. I don't pretend to understand that, but it makes her happy.

Did not make it up to BigSky today, my daughter was unable to juggle her schedule to get the day off....so we are shooting for Sunday. Though Targhee and the pass are available to us, it does take time and gas, and though I have time, money for gas is in a bit of short supply in the Harris budget right now. Things could be worse. Its not like I never go, but when you are as avid about it as we are it takes a bit of restraint on my part.

Also, along with everything else the wife and I have petitioned the courts for and have been given guardianship of Liam Lee. My youngest son is the father. The mother is unfortunately a worthless piece of genuine white trash. Tall, pretty but otherwise useless. Though my son is not blameless, the mother owns most of the blame. Neither are parental material. When we found out about the pregnancy we were disappointed, but thought we must give them a chance..... and we did. But it soon became clear that these two could not, would not take on the kind of responsibility it takes to be a good parent. I remember holding Liam in my hands when he was just tiny. He looked at me, those beautiful blue eyes peering at me. So innocent. So vulnerable. It brought tears to my eyes. I whispered to him that I would save him. I have kept my promise. He is mine now, and of course my wife's, but he has bonded with me and I love him like my own. It is the least I can do, to give him a chance at a normal life.

Listening to Spoon - Don't You Evah

Looks like we may get a bit of snow over the next few days, and we sure need it. Winter sucks unless there are days and nights of snowboarding to be had. It will come, it will come.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

The goods are to be found in all sorts of places; thanks for bringing them here LBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Listening to Spoon - Don't You Evah
    Love the 90s music.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The goods are to be found in all sorts of places; thanks for bringing them here LBL.
    Thanks! This "parenthood" is hard work at my age. I sure hope I can make a difference in his life.....

Worked up at the hill Friday and Saturday night. Good to be back. Did wake to about 8 inches of fresh on Sat morning. Not many took advantage of the conditions.....their loss....

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Rock On ! ...

[QUOTE=Little Big Lost;4137610]Thanks! This "parenthood" is hard work at my age. I sure hope I can make a difference in his life.....

Worked up at the hill Friday and Saturday night. Good to be back. Did wake to about 8 inches of fresh on Sat morning. Not many took advantage of the conditions.....their loss....

[QUOTE]

LBL --

your post about Liam Lee moved me to tears --

I Admire, appreciate, and respect what you are doing - Thank you ...

From your photos of Him, I Offer > You and Kathy Are making... His life -- Keep It Up. !

it is Dec23 -- I work until Friday. I Hope Your Family has a Good holiday . Fresh Tracks can help .

more later -- Thank you for what you do here . ... tj

Great Stuff LBL both on the photography side and for the humanity. Best wishes for your journey through 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Great Stuff LBL both on the photography side and for the humanity. Best wishes for your journey through 2014.
    Yep, just checked into this thread and your a good man LBL, that also takes some damn nice photos. Wishing you and yours a great 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I always love seeing your photos and was happy and got a little tear in my eye too seeing that you are taking on raising your grandson.
    Wishing you much happiness and powder for 2014!

LBL --

your post about Liam Lee moved me to tears --

I Admire, appreciate, and respect what you are doing - Thank you ...

From your photos of Him, I Offer > You and Kathy Are making... His life -- Keep It Up. !
    .. it is Dec23 -- I work until Friday. I Hope Your Family has a Good holiday . Fresh Tracks can help .

more later -- Thank you for what you do here . ... tj
    As always, thanks for everything. Much appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    I wonder sometimes if I post too much, but responses like yours keep me at it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I always love seeing your photos and was happy and got a little tear in my eye too seeing that you are taking on raising your grandson.
    Wishing you much happiness and powder for 2014!
    We are all human, and there are times when one feels compassion for those we don't really know. People like you and others here on TGR give me hope that there are good people out there.

I wonder how many "Liams" are out there that don't get lucky, that have little to no chance at life. How dismal and sad that thought is. No wonder so many people turn out so screwed up. We are to an extent a result of our surroundings and life experiences, but everyone is different and cope differently to circumstances. I just want this little boy to know love. It makes all the difference in the world for him to know that he is loved.

Liam's mother is "back' in jail. She is a drug addict, and to drugs of the worst kind. The kind of drugs that needles are utilized to administer. She influenced my son to participate in this dismal dark sort of drug use. He has been able to distance himself from it, but she doesn't seem to be able stop. Even for the love of a sweet beautiful baby. How sad is that? I believe it will eventually destroy her...... god that is awful. This is why I have done what I have done. I can't save her...but I can save Liam. I will do anything to accomplish that goal. My wife thinks that is why I didn't die when I had my heart attack. I am not so inclined to think that fate had anything to do with it. I will just do the right thing, not because of some silly religious reasons, but because it is just the right thing to do.

Anyway..... headed to Targhee tomorrow. Looking so forward to it! I will post pics naturally - ;-)

In the meantime here is a shot from a while back... Calf/Cow/Bull up at the Gros Ventre, one of my favorite places in the world.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Great thread and photos...good luck with that little guy, you are doing a very noble and unselfish thing by taking that child in. I hope your own son gets his shit together eventually and comes to appreciate the gift of fatherhood.

great stuff as always lbl, keep on keepin' on

LBL, I'm thankful Liam has you and your wife to care for him.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Great thread and photos...good luck with that little guy, you are doing a very noble and unselfish thing by taking that child in. I hope your own son gets his shit together eventually and comes to appreciate the gift of fatherhood.
    As to be expected, I am disappointed that he allowed himself to dragged into this type of behavior. I expected better of him, but what is done is done. He has a bit of self-esteem problem. He is a bit on the short side and he has allowed that to be an issue in relationships with people. He always thinks that everyone looks at him and thinks less of him because of that, when the truth is - nobody gives a rat's ass. Sad, isn't it.

As far as fatherhood? I don't see it happening with Liam, at least not in the short term. The long term isn't likely either, by the time he comes around Liam will be partly grown and not likely to form any tight bonds with his dad....

Quote Originally Posted by Ksyrium View Post
    great stuff as always lbl, keep on keepin' on
    Yep, thanks for the support!
    Quote Originally Posted by ole2planker View Post
    LBL, I'm thankful Liam has you and your wife to care for him.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.
    Yeah, I shutter to think what might have been for him were it not for a couple of old farts... we still have the energy for a baby....just! ;-)

Now, for some on topic issues. Tore the shit outa' Targhee yesterday. Days don't get much better. Yeah.

Tate doing his thing... Was pretty much like this all day...

The views were stellar...

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Here is a link to one of the originals....make it your desktop background for a day....it will give you sweet dreams!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/biglost...79084/sizes/o/
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

This is by far the best thread on TGR, simply amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeMax View Post
    This is by far the best thread on TGR, simply amazing!

: D

I am with you(,) T.Max --

LBL is one CoolDude ! !!

Rock On ! !

( Grrreat stuff as always, LBL ! ) skiJ

A couple more from yesterday....

The ride home. This is where we will be trying out the kite, just barely enough coverage, a bit more will help...
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

JessiKa, one of our homies.... looking to qualify for Sochi ...

Slopestyle - U.S. Grand Prix at Mammoth Mountain yesterday.

I coached her (along with one of my boys) in AYSO Soccer a few years back. I coached for about 6 years, while my boys were younger. We never lost a game.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 01-17-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

She made it! Also, watch for her at the Winter X-Games ....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8010638&type=1
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Well, just got back from my annual visit to my heart doctor, Dr. Chambers ;-), Approximately two years since the day.... Everything checked out good, blood pressure right where he wanted it, still losing some weight, which is good.

As he was reviewing my chart he reminded me of how serious it was on that day (Jan 15, 2012). He said "God you were in bad shape when they brought you into the emergency room that day, I didn't know if I was going to be able to save you." ....... wow.....

He then continued to say that my recovery was phenomenal, very little damage to my heart along with minimal diminished capacity. Well that is good news. His words were to go out and enjoy life just like nothing happened. He asked about my snowboarding and when I told him that it was as good as ever he said "Good, right on."

I am good for another year!!

Have not been up to the hill for a while, our snow just absolutely sucks, big time. Hasn't really snowed in weeks and not much in the forecast to give us much hope. Going to be one of those years....

Did take Liam for a short drive the other day..... the deer are liking this weather...

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Well, just got back from my annual visit to my heart doctor, Dr. Chambers ;-), Approximately two years since the day.... Everything checked out good, blood pressure right where he wanted it, still losing some weight, which is good.

As he was reviewing my chart he reminded me of how serious it was on that day (Jan 15, 2012). He said "God you were in bad shape when they brought you into the emergency room that day, I didn't know if I was going to be able to save you." ....... wow.....

He then continued to say that my recovery was phenomenal, very little damage to my heart along with minimal diminished capacity. Well that is good news. His words were to go out and enjoy life just like nothing happened. He asked about my snowboarding and when I told him that it was as good as ever he said "Good, right on."

I am good for another year!!

Have not been up to the hill for a while, our snow just absolutely sucks, big time. Hasn't really snowed in weeks and not much in the forecast to give us much hope. Going to be one of those years....

Did take Liam for a short drive the other day..... the deer are liking this weather...

... hey, LBL , happy anniversary... !

I am embarrassed to admit I wasn't thinking of It - More ( thinking ) about what a Good thing you are doing for your GrandSon., And (perhaps) Your Son. Thank you...

looks like a really bone-y non-Winter - so far...

I hope it turns around -- last year, we got 70% of our snow after President's. and Six feet after April 1. last hill closed April 20 ; there was four Feet on the ground April 16th . . .

... So - maybe a late winter . . .

Good deal on your Ticker -- weight down, Some cardio. ; try to Eat Right : We need you for TwentyPlus years ! : D

more soon -- any chance there is work for you in the Re-organized agribusiness ...

Keep Your faith -- Thank You for your contributions here . ... tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

This morning on one of the web cams...
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge