Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2037
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Great pictures! I really need to get over to Meadow Lake. Have you ever explored Rocky Canyon when you pass through there? I guess the trail head isn't that far from Lone Pine. It is on my list to go check out too this fall.
    Thanks! Rocky Canyon? Explored a bit of the bottom end of the canyon once while on a snowboarding trip with Tate. Another time I climbed to the divide from the other side (started from Foss Mountain) and looked down the right fork from the top. Everything from that vantage point looked rugged af. Hit a few high points along the divide that day. Good times.

Looking at Bell.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

More Rocky Canyon area. All photos taken on same day.

One for TJ

Tate
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Hoping your summer is going well! thanks for the stoke you provide.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    The Redtails are getting ready to fly soon....

That's an amazing shot.

More Rocky Canyon area. All photos taken on same day.

One for TJ

Tate

Thank You for this ' Big Lost --

That pair of pic.s of Charlie hooked me --

You have such a Good eye - and I love your stories ( and your story, ) Too ! !

Lost Trail. March twenty-first (? third Saturday. )
    Should we Open it up ! ? !!

( I bet we could get MooseKnuckles there... Maybe, MiCol and 3Pin ...

Turner, Cole, Of course po-Tate-o...
    I'd sponsor Trent. and Liam )

JB, Thank you...
    This thread is my favorite spot on the web - a lifeline for me.

Snake river next Fall
    IF Teneile is still at the lodge...

(wanna) Go ! ? !!

Thank you, ' Big Lost !

and Thank you, tgr, for hosting this community...

" We are skiers. ( snowboarders. Snow riders ! )

my Thanks to Many ! !!
    With love. tj

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    That's an amazing shot.

This was in the backyard at my sons house. watched them for +- a month. Then they just leave in an instant. Poof.....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Thank You for this ' Big Lost --

That pair of pic.s of Charlie hooked me --

You have such a Good eye - and I love your stories ( and your story, ) Too ! !

Lost Trail. March twenty-first (? third Saturday. )
    Should we Open it up ! ? !!

( I bet we could get MooseKnuckles there... Maybe, MiCol and 3Pin ...

Turner, Cole, Of course po-Tate-o...
    I'd sponsor Trent. and Liam )

JB, Thank you...
    This thread is my favorite spot on the web - a lifeline for me.

Snake river next Fall
    IF Teneile is still at the lodge...

(wanna) Go ! ? !!

Thank you, ' Big Lost !

and Thank you, tgr, for hosting this community...

" We are skiers. ( snowboarders. Snow riders ! )

my Thanks to Many ! !!
    With love. tj
    You can count on Tate and I for sure. Hope it is still open on that date. Hit it last year on March 31. Conditions so-so...... kinda the last hurrah.

Anyway...today marks 38 years since I married my sweetheart in Randburg SA. Honeymooned on the Indian Ocean coast north of Durban, SA.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Happy Anniversary !!!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

You can count on Tate and I for sure. Hope it is still open on that date. Hit it last year on March 31. Conditions so-so...... kinda the last hurrah.

Anyway...today marks 38 years since I married my sweetheart in Randburg SA. Honeymooned on the Indian Ocean coast north of Durban, SA.

That 's a great shot, JB (!)

I hope Mrs. ' Big Lost enjoyed the day ! ( This year, Too )

x-rays of the ankle last Tuesday... any bets (?)
    doesn't matter :
    I 'm goin' to montana (!)

MooseKnuckles, 3pin, MiCol, Dj. --

I think b-bear and Teneile Should come...

The turn is coming ( Not yet, Mseries )

Here (?) - we need a frost.

( Fkn mospuitoes... )

Thank you, JB : I Love your thread...

I hope your anniversary was Happy

( hey... GrandBabies ! !!! )

Thanks Again... tj

That 's a great shot, JB (!)

I hope Mrs. ' Big Lost enjoyed the day ! ( This year, Too )

x-rays of the ankle last Tuesday... any bets (?)
    doesn't matter :
    I 'm goin' to montana (!)

MooseKnuckles, 3pin, MiCol, Dj. --

I think b-bear and Teneile Should come...

The turn is coming ( Not yet, Mseries )

Here (?) - we need a frost.

( Fkn mospuitoes... )

Thank you, JB : I Love your thread...

I hope your anniversary was Happy

( hey... GrandBabies ! !!! )

Thanks Again... tj
    Sounds like the ankle is back up to speed. Good. Be a major bummer to be sidelined permanently. I know the feeling.

LTPM? Any possibility to bump that date back a month or so? Feb would be best. Lots of pow to be had...... If not, no big deal, as we plan to hit it as many times as possible over the winter.

Really would like to move to Salmon when the Mrs. retires in a few years. Getting crowded here. Seems everyone is moving to Southern Idaho. The local area is becoming a regular shit show. Every weekend sees non-stop traffic heading into every nook and cranny in the hills. Litter and associated bad behavior is killing my spirit, and it seems to be a losing battle. I can only pick up so much garbage.

Anyway, cooler weather is on the way, and with it comes a bit of a respite from the hoards. None too soon.

Have been working the hill. Ticket office and rental guy. Also filling in at the top of the lift . Short of help. Have today off as the lift is not operating, we think it may have been hit by lightning last week. Last day of September is the last day of summer operations, and then we wait for the snow. That'll be the time for us to go cut firewood. Tate and I are heading up tomorrow to get started.

Anyway....a few shots!

Mrs. Harris. Not bad for being 63. I know my grandmother was never this cool. My artistic rendition. Her hair? Natural color. Nothing added.

Dragonfly wings. Poor bastard about drowned. Saved its ass.

Went out to Market Lake. Not much going on.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

More photos while we wait for cooler temps. Been known to hit Targhee in October.

Peaked in such said month.

Targhee, another year, another October.

So, won't be long now. Nights are getting way shorter, by 8pm it is mostly dark. Days are cooler. Rivers and streams are running clear and cold, and at a much lessened volume. Just right for a short float...

My daughter, Teneile yesterday.

The bugs are everywhere, a mix of last ditch effort to prolong the species, and also eventually offering themselves up into the food chain.

Sweat Bee

The Dragonflys are everywhere..

Out on the desert a couple of days ago.

the ever-present bullet holes in everything.

Today.

Also today. While hauling hay.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

sweet pics as always...
    those red tails are a couple of lurkers for sure....lol
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    sweet pics as always...
    those red tails are a couple of lurkers for sure....lol
    Thanks! Hope to see you this season perhaps? Always happy to represent FreeRideSystems, damn nice jackets.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Went for a ride alone up in the mountains Monday. Scenery was incredible. The smells brought back memories from long ago. Each one a delight, but at the same time I felt pangs of sadness. Hard to explain. Guess I feel that way because of those who would like to take that away from us. The litter, the damage that comes from 'off roading' in vulnerable areas. The 'me first, fuck everybody else' attitude of so many. It physically hurts.

Anyway, still want to share the positive aspects of what I see. I'll do what I can to lessen the visual and other impacts of litter. That is why I always have garbage bags with me at all times.

The Tetons from the south...

Caribou Mountain

Along the way....

Me and Warren checking out the Cat-faced spiders out in the backyard yesterday...

Snow on the way... might have to hit Targhee next week. We will see.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Went for a ride alone up in the mountains Monday. Scenery was incredible. The smells brought back memories from long ago. Each one a delight, but at the same time I felt pangs of sadness. Hard to explain. Guess I feel that way because of those who would like to take that away from us. The litter, the damage that comes from 'off roading' in vulnerable areas. The 'me first, fuck everybody else' attitude of so many. It physically hurts.

Anyway, still want to share the positive aspects of what I see. I'll do what I can to lessen the visual and other impacts of litter. That is why I always have garbage bags with me at all times.

The Tetons from the south...

Caribou Mountain

Along the way....

Me and Warren checking out the Cat-faced spiders out in the backyard yesterday...

Snow on the way... might have to hit Targhee next week. We will see.
    Thank you for this, JB --
    We need your great stuff - Thank You (!)

I am seeing the garbage down here, too --
    I don't quiet have your reaction - and I am in an urban environment...

I Can relate though as the logging industry has turned my beloved Flambeau river (Forest) into a wasteland...

Your thread, here, And your example are Your contribution - and your contribution is a Good contribution and has Great merit :

that I have been able to live vicariously through your thread and your photos has kept me Go-ing more than twice - Thank you...

I recycled at least Five bucks worth of plastic this morning, my Deposits not much good a thousand miles away. . .

My plea :
    buy a canteen, a bottle, a mug or an insulated Bottle ( Thermos or other. . . ) and filter tap water.

Flint is just down the road And
    They are not fixing it --

bottled water was, ,,, a coincidence - Or not.

Save bottled water for disasters and emergencies --

Use filtered tap water - Please...

End of sermon.

Let's ride ! !! tj

While bored at work today...
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 09-28-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Thanks! Hope to see you this season perhaps? Always happy to represent FreeRideSystems, damn nice jackets.

OK -

So Now I can offer...

po - Tate - o ! !!! ROCKIN' !!!
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Right on TJ. I am going to clean up both sides the road to KC from the river bridge to the t-junction above the ski hill, sometime before the snow flies. I have to drive that road a shit ton every year. tired of looking at the litter.

Anyway, cold enough this morning to put on the snowboarding jacket for the trip to the hill. Nasty weather here, and much more coming. The MTB downhill was cancelled and pushed back a week....but back to the jacket. When I put it on I just turn into a badass mf. Something about the attire just changes everything. No longer am I Clark Kent, but ef'n Superman. You know the feeling, right?

Snowing a bit up high, might have to run up to Targhee on Monday for some September turns. I will watch the Stick closely...not much on it at the moment.

The fall colors are just starting to turn. Love it.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 09-29-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Another wood cutting/hauling trip. Me and myself. Awesome day. Left home 5am. Drove 40 miles to the spot. This along the way.

Kept stopping every 5 minutes to take photos. Thought i'd never get there....but it was so damn awesome. Didn't want the day to end.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Another wood cutting/hauling trip. Me and myself. Awesome day. Left home 5am. Drove 40 miles to the spot. This along the way.

Kept stopping every 5 minutes to take photos. Thought i'd never get there....but it was so damn awesome. Didn't want the day to end.
    jeezus, JB, That is great stuff - Thank you ! !!

I wish you could have taken Liam with you
    ( but going to School teaches lessons that aren't ( well, they don't use books anymore, so, Whatever... )

anyway.
    Gary tells of taking his your son to the San Juans years ago :
    Adam's uncle worked building trade.s around T - 'ell - u - ride , and there was criticism the boy should be going to DisneyWorld...

as I (re-)tell Gary's story,
    they were standing at a high Alpine vista looking at the mountains - for - miles view and Adam - about Ten years in age at the time said to his Dad,

' fuck : Disney doesn't have anything like this. '

Your pic.s reminded me of Gary's story...

( Adam is in his thirties now, and has a son of his own )

Big Lost, your thread is my favorite spot on the web. hands down.

Thank you. tj

Great shots! thanks for continuing to share! I love the spider closeups.
    27° 18°

Love this thread! weather broke here this week. High today 78. Vs 95 last week...
    "Can't you see..."

Keep em' coming...I need to get out and shoot a few to share in our neck of the woods. It's all about the stoke of being outdoors! Cheers!
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

As a fellow Idahoan (Idaho Falls) I do have to say we live in a gorgeous place!!! I’m tempted to post some pics from recent hiking and backpacking, but don’t want to invade on your mojo. Nice pics!

jeezus, JB, That is great stuff - Thank you ! !!

I wish you could have taken Liam with you
    ( but going to School teaches lessons that aren't ( well, they don't use books anymore, so, Whatever... )

anyway.
    Gary tells of taking his your son to the San Juans years ago :
    Adam's uncle worked building trade.s around T - 'ell - u - ride , and there was criticism the boy should be going to DisneyWorld...

as I (re-)tell Gary's story,
    they were standing at a high Alpine vista looking at the mountains - for - miles view and Adam - about Ten years in age at the time said to his Dad,

' fuck : Disney doesn't have anything like this. '

Your pic.s reminded me of Gary's story...

( Adam is in his thirties now, and has a son of his own )

Big Lost, your thread is my favorite spot on the web. hands down.

Thank you. tj
    Support like yours means everything. I am so, so grateful for friendships like this one. The best! Can't wait for Lost Trail. Looks like it is getting pounded as we speak. Bring it on.

Liam?, Oh the boy gets to go, and so does his little brother. Not every time, but often enough. They are well watched over in the woods.

This a few days ago...

Stopped to see Teneile at home at the lodge afterwards. Who has more fun...
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge