Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2037
    Still able to get out and do shit like this, so not too incapacitated yet. ;-)

-20 yesterday. 11 above right now. Heatwave.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221223_170525.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	990.2 KB 
ID:	439639
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Western Wyoming.

Name:	Screenshot_20221227-130816_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	657.1 KB 
ID:	440090

Name:	Screenshot_20221227-130337_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	440091
    #kevinsmom

Name:	20221226_181513.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	755.7 KB 
ID:	440092

Name:	20221226_141423.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	440093

Snowboarding was terrible in yesterdays conditions. #noregrets
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

I'll make sure to ask lefties for change when I visit Soldier this winter(got a bogus pass).

Going into 2023 be like...

Name:	20230101_165353.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	584.5 KB 
ID:	440833
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

My son and I went looking for LBL this past Saturday at Soldier Mountain. Nobody had change for a nickel. Soldier is a fun little hill, the lifts are slow so you can charge all day and never get tired! It was quite chilly at first, 7 degrees Fahrenheit!

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	987.7 KB 
ID:	444168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0699.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	444172
    More cowbell!!!

hey, spud. ( and others ) -
    Expect LBL to weigh-in > he found something local for the winter ,,, And

They are gearing-up for WildFire season...

Rock On ! BigLost ! !!!

With great Respect ! !! tj

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    My son and I went looking for LBL this past Saturday at Soldier Mountain. Nobody had change for a nickel. Soldier is a fun little hill, the lifts are slow so you can charge all day and never get tired! It was quite chilly at first, 7 degrees Fahrenheit!

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	987.7 KB 
ID:	444168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0699.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	444172
    Yeah, bummer I wasn't there... some family issues prevented me from being gone just as I was preparing to drag the trailer over. Spoke with them (liftie lead) and apologized, but it was unavoidable.

Luck would have it that I was offered a position very near home for a fairly ridiculous amount of $. Large company, and I have all the skills. A week into new position now. They even hired me knowing that when the call comes to go out on a fire that I would go.

Soldier is a great hill. Ticket prices are very reasonable and as soon as I get a chance we'll hit it again.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Well I am sad we didn’t get to meet, but I am glad you are in a good place. Give us a heads up if you roll over to Soldier, I would love to make some turns with you and you boys!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    More cowbell!!!

Well I am sad we didn’t get to meet, but I am glad you are in a good place. Give us a heads up if you roll over to Soldier, I would love to make some turns with you and you boys!

Would love to. Soon as my schedule is figured out I will try to give you a heads up. I have been through there several times on the way to and from Nampa over the past few weeks. Cold and snowy drives all of them. Near 0 and foggy for 150 miles or more. Ground blizzards out by Craters. Fun stuff. I love it.

Name:	20230121_205612.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	414.5 KB 
ID:	444793
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Shortened this vid. Much better.

Out to Soldier.

https://youtu.be/bUMSzTBHU5o
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Minus 24f here this morning. Colder at Tates. -28f. Doors on the Durango frozen shut. Would not open. Crawled through the back. Still took 5 hard shoves to get it open. At least it started ok.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Thinking we will hit Soldier on Feb 11 or 12. Meeting my son and his family there. They live in Nampa. Pretty sure we will go, weather being the deciding factor. As you know... it has been days and days of dangerous cold. Looks to warm up, relatively speaking.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Sweet!! Hopefully some new snow will arrive this weekend (its looking promising).
    More cowbell!!!

Couple of the grandkids today. Not 30 below. Nice.

Name:	20230204_163044.jpg 
Size:	486.9 KB 
ID:	446108
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Sadly not headed to Soldier. My son is selling his house in Nampa and is busy with related activities. Showing it to a couple of prospective buyers. I didn't really want to go alone. I've got car issues to deal with also. Been waiting for warmer temps to deal with that. Fuck it's been cold. Today looks to warm up to 35f. Might attempt repairs today. Time to think about a newer mode of transport. Bought the Durango new in 2004. It's been an awesome outfit, but really only use it for local trips. I think it is the throttle position sensor. Easy fix....

Would normally trade for the wifes jeep, but I don't want her to have to deal with Durango as she is working till 10pm. I bend over backwards to make it easy for her. She gets preferential treatment over me as she reminds me that I brought her here to this place, repeatedly. She also reminds me daily how much she hates winter. We have had snow cover close to 4 solid months now. Even I am tiring of it.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

I didn't make it to Soldier either, I forgot it was Superbowl weekend and my wife had plans for us. Maybe next time.
    More cowbell!!!

I didn't make it to Soldier either, I forgot it was Superbowl weekend and my wife had plans for us. Maybe next time.
    I understand completely. It's always a crapshoot when when I make plans. Going to try to hit Soldier tomorrow with my eldest son Turner. Pretty sure we will go. 🤪 Weather permitting we plan to grill some burgers in the parking lot.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Name:	GX015498_1677466063291.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	449466

Made it out to Soldier yesterday. Blue skies for a couple of runs and then it snowed much of the rest of the day.

Name:	20230227_094308.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	507.4 KB 
ID:	449467

Did do some burgers.

Name:	Screenshot_20230227-082421_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	717.5 KB 
ID:	449468

Blizzard conditions on the drive home. Was pretty bad.

Name:	GX025503_1677509147717.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	449469

Drive home got progressively worse.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Targhee on Sunday. Was fun. Love the new lift.

Name:	20230314_205715.jpg 
Size:	840.3 KB 
ID:	451877
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Yo LBL, sorry I missed you guys over at the Ghee. Been wrasslin with life and all, you know...

Sweet shots of Soldier, burgers look good from here. That shite whiteout drive home can be brutal on the eyes and nerves.

Hope all is well for you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yo LBL, sorry I missed you guys over at the Ghee. Been wrasslin with life and all, you know...

Sweet shots of Soldier, burgers look good from here. That shite whiteout drive home can be brutal on the eyes and nerves.

Hope all is well for you and yours.
    Thanks! No biggie, was very short notice. Tate and I are thinking about season passes there next season, perhaps then?

Winter has finally started to wind down, but it still has a way to go. Looking forward to summer.

Best wishes to you too!
    JB
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 03-18-2023 at 01:37 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Hit Lost Trail yesterday at the invitation of TJ. Woke early and made the trip. Blizzard most of the of the way. Northfork notably had 0 inches of snow on the ground. LT had +10 new and was pretty damn good. TJ broke a binding near the top lift 1 on the 1st run. Was unable to repair and found his way down via Ski Patrol/snowmachine. Rental shop unable to find a suitable pair for his needs.....so, regrettably... I got in 6 deep, deep runs. Legs turned to jelly. Then spent an hour in the lodge enjoying a refreshment with TJ. Good times.

Was awesome.

Name:	20230331_151620.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	581.0 KB 
ID:	453914

Name:	20230331_151609.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	543.5 KB 
ID:	453915

Name:	20230331_151557.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	986.1 KB 
ID:	453916

Name:	20230331_151533.jpg 
Size:	908.3 KB 
ID:	453917

Name:	20230331_151518.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	782.6 KB 
ID:	453918

Name:	20230331_150829.jpg 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	453920

Name:	20230331_151502.jpg 
Size:	843.7 KB 
ID:	453925

TJ and I said our goodbyes, he headed north, me south. Intentions to meet up again.

Took a few photos on the way home.

Name:	20230331_151025.jpg 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	453921

Name:	20230331_151259.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	722.7 KB 
ID:	453922

Name:	20230331_151225.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	913.9 KB 
ID:	453923
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Seeing your thread pop up always brightens my day.

Hell of a year.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Seeing your thread pop up always brightens my day.

Hell of a year.
    Hey thanks! I hope to spread a little stoke to brighten one's day. The drive up and back is an adventure all its own. On the way home I drove down the Salmon +-10 miles from Northfork. The wildlife teeming, and looking to be in good shape considering the long winter. Noted the aftermath of Moose Fire. Peculiar pattern of bare circles under burned trees after overnight dusting. Note the tremendous amount of game trails. Best viewed on a bigger screen. Very striking. Several miles of it...

Name:	20230331_151316.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	453965

I've been doing a lot of reading about the Corps of Discovery. Lemhi Pass to Lost Trail Pass and beyond. Incredible story that takes one back through time, but really not all that long ago. Much of the area looks the same. I marvel at that and I absolutely love the back country on both sides of 28. The Lems and Beaverheads. I've climbed a high point or two (14 actually) in these ranges. Wish I'd done more.

Name:	20230401_021104.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	736.8 KB 
ID:	453968

Name:	20230401_021518.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	473.6 KB 
ID:	453969
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 04-01-2023 at 02:21 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

hey, BigLost... from the shadow of Lake Superior , Thank You ! for 3-30 !

Nothing about that day is a disappointment to Me
    ( Except my health, which isn't about that day )

darn(-ed) looooong drive
    ( I don't remember it being that long - but I made almost as good time as the kids a day ahead of me on the road
    ( so, That's Good. ) )

Lake Superior before then --

I hope you have a Good, Safe, WildFire season.

August -
    is this your Forty year ( Anniversary )(?)

I Am proud that you are my friend !
    Thank You, JB -

... still love your pic.s - and your stories ! !!

roll on -
    flame OUT ! !!

tj