Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2037
    I had a little bit to drink this evening, Mrs LBL thinks I have a problem...
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

A couple more from yesterday, we had a great time.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

^^^^^Choice photos mag.
    As usual, delivering the goods.

I'll be back in JH around the 9th, hope to get over and hike up before they're gone.

The Screaming Eagle shot is great. My dad's RVAH 14 squadron in the Navy was the screaming eagles. Recon/ Heavy Attack Vigilantes...He liked that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^^^^Choice photos mag.
    As usual, delivering the goods.

I'll be back in JH around the 9th, hope to get over and hike up before they're gone.

The Screaming Eagle shot is great. My dad's RVAH 14 squadron in the Navy was the screaming eagles. Recon/ Heavy Attack Vigilantes...He liked that shot.
    They will be around for a few more weeks (I hope), so anytime you want to go!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Took the old beater and did about 10 miles up the river road yesterday.

Saw the eagles nest from the other side for a change. Unless you knew where it was you would never see it.

Butterflies everywhere on the ride.

Nice to be up there on a weekday, weekends are a zoo.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Drove to Riverton and back again, bit of a shit show at loading facility. Normal staff on vacation and the guy who was there had broken his back recently and could no nothing. Issues arose and I spent 4 hours f-ing around sorting out problems. The tunnels under these large grain bins are spooky.

Normally in and out in an hour. Took 5 hours total, and then the load was rejected here in Idaho Falls, too low in protein. So Monday I have to haul that load back to Riverton.

Along the way.

Then yesterday after getting home, TORNADO warnings. It hailed like I have never seen here in Idaho, (have seen worse in S. Dakota). Funnel cloud went by us just to the east. Ruined my garden.

Then later in the afternoon, another TORNADO warning, unheard of here in Idaho.

Went storm chasing.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Another one from yesterday....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Took Liam up to see the eagles again. He being the only person to accompany me more than once. Understandable as we spend a lot of time together. Would have taken him more, but....damn, the route in and out a bit nerve racking as it has the potential to be deadly. A fall from parts of the route undoubtedly fatal. I rope him up, as 5 year old boys don't have experience or use caution as needed here.

Teaching him about photography also. This is one of his shots.

He loves the trip in and out, most of it being fairly safe. Infatuated with nature...

Pretty good little climber..

This is him when he couldn't spend the night with grandma and pa again, his mother insisting he spend a night at home.

Broke my damn heart.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

The momma brought half a baby fox to the nest yesterday, and after letting the young one try to feed itself for a while, without much luck, she grabbed the carcass and ripped it to shreds, feeding herself and the chick. They ate the whole thing in about 15 minutes. Damn.

Getting big.

Liam and I are headed up again to see them in a few minutes....
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 06-06-2018 at 06:46 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Not much happening at the nest today, at least while Liam and I were there. The 'chick' enduring the afternoon heat while we spied one of the adults 100 yards down river perched in a shady spot. Mosquitoes were out and biting. We didn't stay long.

Got me to thinking how summer is a bit overrated and wishing for winter again.

Keeping it real...

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Here, let me throw this one out there....sitting on an egg in March 2014
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Now that is a cool shot. Wow.

The eagle shots are outstanding! You and Liam are doing a great job - the shots make me feel like I'm right there too. Please keep them coming, and be safe on that climb!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Now that is a cool shot. Wow.
    Thanks! That was March 30 2014, had snowed more than a foot that day, the second time that season that the eagles had to deal with sub freezing temps while trying to hatch a couple of eggs. I was worried that they had abandoned the nest, and when I arrived at a spot where I could see the nest, it appeared that they had done just that.

It was still snowing heavily and I could see nothing but snow covering the nest. I was bummed, thinking that they were long gone. So....as a last resort I whistled as loud as I could, and lo and behold the adult popped it's head out of the snow. Wow...I was stunned.

Still, the chicks did not survive, a week or so later a visit to the site showed an empty nest. :-(
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    The eagle shots are outstanding! You and Liam are doing a great job - the shots make me feel like I'm right there too. Please keep them coming, and be safe on that climb!
    Yes, safe. Absolutely! Though I don't have much of a fear of heights, the thought of plunging to my death keeps me on my toes, and an 'eagle' eye on Liam. Thanks!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    this pic is so cool. as are all the others too but wow what a cool capture
    skid luxury

I called the Leadore Ranger Station yesterday, as I do every yer to get a status update on the road into Meadow Lake in the Lems. They informed me that the road is still blocked with snow. Can get to within 2.5 miles of the trail head as of now. Sounds about right. Planning a trip to do a little snowboarding around the 1st of July. Should be fun!

Last year! July 3.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

My daughter works at Natural Retreats (South Fork Lodge) in Swan Valley, +- 20 miles east of here. She took these yesterday at the lodge.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

The yard’s going off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7E25D10D-FD42-4F60-85DC-6C853B4D8956.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	550.6 KB 
ID:	238356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9F69C79B-8D76-4E41-984C-DFB42BC4CB90.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	238357

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    The yard’s going off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7E25D10D-FD42-4F60-85DC-6C853B4D8956.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	550.6 KB 
ID:	238356Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9F69C79B-8D76-4E41-984C-DFB42BC4CB90.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	238357
    Nice! My garden and flowers were decimated by the storm here last week, though there are signs of recovery. I'm guessing it set everything back a month or more.

Did see some wild flowers up in the hills Saturday, Liam and I went on a short hike.

Ran into a rattler on the way down. Liam saw it first, didn't care too much for the encounter. Me? I went after it to capture a photo. No luck as it slithered into a vast pile of rock.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/biglos...in/dateposted/
    You can hear the disappointment in my voice.

Took the training wheels off his bike yesterday, didn't take very long for him to get the hang of it.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Took Liam and the wife to go see Debbie's (Tate's wife) art downtown Idaho Falls yesterday. Nice.

Me, I've been dinking around with my own creation this morning.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    this pic is so cool. as are all the others too but wow what a cool capture
    Thanks! A bittersweet shot... the chick(s) didn't survive. Nature, though beautiful, is so cruel at the same time.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

On a lighter note, as I said earlier, my back has been sore for a month or two. Last week while hiking with Liam, I fell on my ass while negotiating a steep section of the trail. Immediately felt relief in my lower back from the jolt. Now several days later I am back at 100%, or as close to that as I'll ever be at this age. Awesome!

Headed to Yellowstone tomorrow! Looking forward to the short trip.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Yellowstone.... as awesome a place as it is, holy shit, I remember why I don't normally visit during 'tourist' season. The place is over-run. Terribly. Bumper to bumper every where you go. Stopped at Grand Prismatic only to see litter AND at least 20 caps/hats blown out into the springs. Even a pair of sunglasses blown way out onto the bacterial mat. Sad. Difficult to even find a spot to park. Future trips will be late Septembers. Did get a Gold Pass, will use mainly for Teton Park now.

But Liam had a great time, all new to him so was a great adventure. Loved the Yellowstone River Canyon and waterfalls, using my camera to take photos of everything. Asking a million questions and sad when we headed for home.

Waiting for Old Faithful. Rained most of the day.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Might head up to Meadow Lake to have a look see tomorrow.

Tate and I headed up there soon to do a little boarding.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge