Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2037
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    That first photo is just incredible.

Stay safe man.
    +1

Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Little vid I put together for shits and giggles...

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

So, that “badasses” pic was a frame grab from video? Cool. What kind of camera do you use, and what resolution video is that, 4K?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Stay safe JB, that shit looks gnarly.

Was thinking about not getting to go see the eaglets this spring with you. Sad but maybe next time.
    And I was really down to race the sport bikes to Pinedale...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SkiJ - douche thine box, baby!
    Hope to be home in a few weeks, perhaps we can still see the eagles, and take a ride to Pinedale.

28 degrees this morning at camp . Ferocious winds shredded our tents yesterday. Was able to 'fix' mine, but my companion not so lucky. His was completely destroyed, he slept on the ground under the stars.

Fire is still growing in size, more wind warnings are predicted over the next 10 days...doesn't look like this fire is going out anytime soon.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    So, that “badasses” pic was a frame grab from video? Cool. What kind of camera do you use, and what resolution video is that, 4K?
    That particular vid was from my phone, though I have my Gopro Black 9 with me also. Probably have to wait until I get back home to deal with uploading longer clips off it. I've got some good footage.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

70 mph winds yesterday. Windy af all the time. We got back to camp late last night to find our tents destroyed by the excessive wind. Then it froze. 28f this morning. We had to throw the tents away. Fuck.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    70 mph winds yesterday. Windy af all the time. We got back to camp late last night to find our tents destroyed by the excessive wind. Then it froze. 28f this morning. We had to throw the tents away. Fuck.
    Sounds exhausting.. Stay vigilant and safe.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    That particular vid was from my phone, though I have my Gopro Black 9 with me also. Probably have to wait until I get back home to deal with uploading longer clips off it. I've got some good footage.
    Even more impressive pic considering you did it with a phone shooting video. I guess subject matter and knowing how to frame the shot matters a whole lot, too. Great work as usual!

Saw your fire on national news today. You guys stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Sounds exhausting.. Stay vigilant and safe.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Yes, it seems overwhelming at times. Got through it and continued on. Bracing for another 'wind' event over the next few days, gusts to over 50mph. Ugh. This fire has consumed over 165,000 acres. Big.

We are on structure protection, trying to save homes. It is a sad fact that very few home owners prepare for such an eventuality. Dry growth surrounding homes, firewood stacked against the house. All kinds of combustibles laying around. Roof valleys clogged with pine needles and leaves. Jesus, wtf. Poor planning on their part makes our jobs more difficult. What sounds like gunshots are propane tanks blowing up. Heard several go boom the other night when shit hit the fan.

My advice? If you own a home in the woods, for God's sake do a bit of preparation to mitigate potential fire hazards. Sadly, very dew people do. :-(
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-06-2022 at 06:27 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Even more impressive pic considering you did it with a phone shooting video. I guess subject matter and knowing how to frame the shot matters a whole lot, too. Great work as usual!

Saw your fire on national news today. You guys stay safe.
    I get lucky sometimes! :-)
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

If ya bump into a yellow water truck from Driggs down there the operator is my coworker and a real good dude. Be safe, sounds like resources are scarce.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    If ya bump into a yellow water truck from Driggs down there the operator is my coworker and a real good dude. Be safe, sounds like resources are scarce.
    Ya mean this guy? 😉

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220507-201443_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	741.1 KB 
ID:	415658

Ran into him today, he washed our dozer off.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Small f'ing world! That's Mike, sounds like he'll be down there a while. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Small f'ing world! That's Mike, sounds like he'll be down there a while. Good stuff.
    😁
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

This is a particularly brutal fire. The wind has not quit for days and days. Forecast to hit 75 mph here tomorrow. Right now It is gusting to 50. Trying to sleep in a tent at spike camp. Very nasty. Feels a bit like the end of the world....

Name:	GH013832_1652068165119.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	262.8 KB 
ID:	415745

Name:	20220508_185033.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	460.6 KB 
ID:	415746

Working with these guys...

Name:	GOPR3850_1652067989686.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	415748
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

What's up with this from nmfireinfo?

There have been reports of structure protection equipment being stolen from the fireline. This equipment is critical to the ongoing firefight. While there is a strong law enforcement presence, please report anything suspicious.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    What's up with this from nmfireinfo?

There have been reports of structure protection equipment being stolen from the fireline. This equipment is critical to the ongoing firefight. While there is a strong law enforcement presence, please report anything suspicious.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, there's always the asshole thieves. Expensive pumps are always a target. Fuckers.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Name:	20220510_191559.jpg 
Size:	831.8 KB 
ID:	415942

Name:	Screenshot_20220510-160524_Gallery.jpg 
Size:	341.9 KB 
ID:	415943

It just keeps blowing...and going...
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Name:	Screenshot_20220511-115557_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	942.2 KB 
ID:	416068

May 11, 2022 #CalfCanyonFire #newmexico #mora #fire #firefighting #dozer #dozercrews

This represents 3 crews working together and kicking ass. Sunup to sundown. Our truck in the background.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Headed back in to the dozer ...

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Most likely long dead before the fire exposed the remains.

Name:	20220512_124945.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	416141
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

If I ever write a book about my firefighting days, snd I never will, but IF I DID, I would title it, 'They don't know what's coming.'

There are people who will not evacuate. Fuck that. They don't because...they don't know what's coming. Jesus H Christ. Nothing is worth burning alive for.

I say again.... Fuck that. A thousand times over.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-13-2022 at 06:12 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

I'm sorry...
    I'm not sure what part of this you are seeing ( maybe all of it ) -

There was an essay almost fifteen years ago, that I think the final sentence was,

' I took my ski boots - the fire can have the rest. '

I got my ski boots, too.
    And 'Blue' - I would not have left a fire without my companion.

I am sorry you are witnessing that, my friend.

Please, be Safe. tj