Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2037
    Drove by Heise Saturday evening and saw some people walking around on top of the cliffs.

Was that you?
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Drove by Heise Saturday evening and saw some people walking around on top of the cliffs.

Was that you?
    Nope, I have not been up since June 6. Did go up this evening though. Went looking for silver, found gold.

Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

I did climb down to the lower viewing spot this evening after running into the owls. Yes, 3 of them.

Jr. was out on a limb effing around. Still not ready to leave the nest....but it won't be long.

No sign of the adults but they spend less and less time in the nest as the 'chick' matures.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

The other two....

I know....they all look the same....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    I did climb down to the lower viewing spot this evening after running into the owls. Yes, 3 of them.

Jr. was out on a limb effing around. Still not ready to leave the nest....but it won't be long.

No sign of the adults but they spend less and less time in the nest as the 'chick' matures.

hey, 'BigLost …

I have ,,, it is important to me not to pollute your thread too much --

I am Glad to see this : I thought something had happened to the young eagle ( "chick" , eaglet . Whatever the proper term is... )

I still Love your pic.s ! and your prose... ! !

Thank You for your "stoke" , contributed Here ! Thank You ! !!

anecdotally, I am disabled in DesMoines : the clatter yesterday morning, the driveshaft dropping Off the truck. Gone on eight lanes of I-35
    ( Chrysler ( I know, I know. . . But I n e e d e d a Cummins like Dad's ) no longer builds the part. they are talking about having one built. ( I bet that will be FREE ) )

court conference, tomorrow in Kansas. If the truck is not in the shop at 2pm today, I am asking for a loaner.
    ( With my (thousands Dollar(s) driveshaft. )

Thanks Again, 'BigLost. Your thread is my favorite thing about the internet.

… see you in August, my friend. tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Yep, a month tomorrow. I have lost an incredible 30lbs since that day, most of that a direct result of the heart attack. Loss of appetite and initial weakness from the ordeal. I have been on a strict diet since being released from hospital... getting used to it and am indeed feeling much, much better. Going to have to buy new clothes soon, am sporting the baggy look at the moment.

Hit the hill again last Friday while it was snowing, put a big smile on my face. Rocked it up to pre-incident speeds and terrain, wow, just nothing quite like it, is there? I hope to make it up to Targhee and BS before the end of the season, the bc will have to wait till next year.... :-(

My wife has been a super-hero through this whole thing. The Valentine card she gave me this morning made my eyes kinda moist, and I am not a big believer in this type of commercial BS...I guess it was what she wrote in it that hit me.... She said I was her "Once in a lifetime friend......"

She confided in me her thoughts about almost losing me. She said "It was so scarey, they said you might not make it when they loaded you up for the trip to the hospital.... what would I do without you? I would be so, so lonely".... Wow, what do you say to something like that? All I can do.... is to do those things that will hopefully keep me around for a while longer, like 30 (or more) years!!
    - - -

February 2012

Thanks! JB -- Your typical Grrreat Stuff ! !

Thanks ...

I Printed your message and gave it Out at Quittin' Time Today ...

the shop was Quiet ;
    I saw a couple guys breath Deep(ly) ...

My Thanks! To Mrs. H. !

" super-hero " for sure . ...

What a Great love story ...

Thanks! JB . ... as Always : Grrreat Stuff - Thanks !

Keep Ridin' ! !! ... tj

- - -
    June 2018

we 'll see how this posts : I don't know how to link quotations...

with Time to kill this morning, I went back to look for that pic. of Charlie...
    ( di'n't find it. and I see there are a couple that didn't update... )

I am glad to see the early part of this thread restored - and your early posts : I Am still in awe.

for me, 2012 was,,, definitive. I am grateful for your friendship... I am Glad to have seen you this month, and

I will be back in August. unless the prosecutor grows a brain.

oh. and the shot of the lone wolf (on page 10) - standing in front of the Tetons … -

That gets replayed next.

With great Respect, JB... ! ! tj

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    - - -

February 2012

Thanks! JB -- Your typical Grrreat Stuff ! !

Thanks ...

I Printed your message and gave it Out at Quittin' Time Today ...

the shop was Quiet ;
    I saw a couple guys breath Deep(ly) ...

My Thanks! To Mrs. H. !

" super-hero " for sure . ...

What a Great love story ...

Thanks! JB . ... as Always : Grrreat Stuff - Thanks !

Keep Ridin' ! !! ... tj

- - -
    June 2018

we 'll see how this posts : I don't know how to link quotations...

with Time to kill this morning, I went back to look for that pic. of Charlie...
    ( di'n't find it. and I see there are a couple that didn't update... )

I am glad to see the early part of this thread restored - and your early posts : I Am still in awe.

for me, 2012 was,,, definitive. I am grateful for your friendship... I am Glad to have seen you this month, and

I will be back in August. unless the prosecutor grows a brain.

oh. and the shot of the lone wolf (on page 10) - standing in front of the Tetons … -

That gets replayed next.

With great Respect, JB... ! ! tj
    Heart attack/cardiac arrest, yep, one lead to the other. I'm very lucky to be alive, the odds astronomical. In the +20 years that the QRU has been here in Ririe, I'm still the only one they ever saved that had this happen to them. So that keeps me up at night wondering why.

On a different note the 'wolf' is actually a coyote, though in that shot it is easy to make that mistake.

Went up to see the eaglet/chick again. Won't be long before it is gone. It is testing it's wings, sort of hopping/flying from branch to nest in little tiny 'flights'. This shot it is in the air. Little steps ya know.

The feather tips...

Magnificent.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 06-22-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Well, feeling it today. Sore af. Hiked the Meadow Lake Cirque yesterday. Snowboarded some gnarly shit.

Some photos, in no particular order.

It was a pretty good day.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Nice JB, love seeing Meadow Lake again. It's been too long since I've been up there. Are you still exploring all of the old mining wreckage up that a way or is it pretty much all gone?

This thread is a little slice of heaven. Thanks LBL for this.

Quote Originally Posted by splittin View Post

word.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Nice JB, love seeing Meadow Lake again. It's been too long since I've been up there. Are you still exploring all of the old mining wreckage up that a way or is it pretty much all gone?
    Thanks! Gilmore and environs seem to be privately owned, and perhaps have always been. Back in the day nobody cared if you had a look see. Much of it is fenced off, No Trespassing signs everywhere. Still some areas where you can go, but most areas you cannot.

A better place to look around is near the old Hahn town site about 10 miles south. Spring Canyon on the map. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by splittin View Post
    Thanks! I try to brighten everyone's day....normally. 😉

Thanks! I try to brighten everyone's day....normally. 😉
    LBL...

my phone says thirteen Hundred posts in this story of yours --

I just wanted to weigh-in to say, Thank You...
    You know what this thread means to me.
    ( : I'm (gonna) get out the old laptop and see if I can find the old pic. of Charlie that first hooked me - a dog guy, (yaKnow) ) and...

I look forward to ridin' with you next March ! ... !

(Please) Be Safe on the road, my friend...
    tj

Smile Pictures

Great pictures

Thanks all whom have looked or commented. It is always appreciated.!

Also, FYI....prosecutor is making an offer, my lawyer is reviewing it.... we shall see. When it is finalized I'll spill the beans.

Anyway..... driving part time for a great guy, lets me pick and choose. Couple of runs a week, mostly to Riverton Wy and back. Drive out empty and pick up a load of barley to deliver in Idaho Falls. I'm guessing they use it to make beer. Yesterday I delivered a load that I brought last Friday, and then ran back out and got another one later in the day. Got loaded by 8 pm and headed for home. Stopped on the pass to observe some of the starriest skies you will find anywhere. Tried to take a few shots.... my eyesight not what it used to be, need to figure out how to focus better at night.

This shot taken around 11pm...

The Hole...
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Excellent news that they seem willing to deal. Hope things work out OK for you.

Enjoy yourselves today!

Made another run to Riverton Thursday/Friday. On the return trip the temp gauge began to show high temps (I could smell it) and then the low water alarm came on. This just east of Dubois. Pulled over and yanked the hood open. Coolant everwhere. Took a while, but isolated the leak. One of the (many) hoses had a hole in it. Fortunately it was near the end and was able to cut off 3 to 4 inches of it and reattach. Was in a terribly awkward place and took about an hour to make repairs. Added 2 gallons of antifreeze (not near enough) and then hiked down to the river (Wind) and filled several jugs. Enough to get to Dubois and buy more fluids. Topped off and continued west and up the pass (Togwotee) with no issues. Such is a truck driver's life sometimes. Waited till dark and then some to let JH clear out. Took a few shots while I waited....

Lightning storm back towards Dubois...

Venus to the west...
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Been driving to Riverton and back...a lot.

Along the way.....

Took Liam for his first overnight camping trip. Had much fun.

Soccer has started.

The dogs...Charlie and Bridger

This morning we were going through the snowboarding equipment. Can not wait.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

More great memories being made LBL - still lovin' this thread after all this time

Looks like next season is going to be a fun one for ya
    Find a Path That Captures Your Heart and Follow it to its End !!

Quote Originally Posted by M111S View Post
    More great memories being made LBL - still lovin' this thread after all this time

Looks like next season is going to be a fun one for ya
    Thanks! Liam says he isn't a skier, but a snowboarder, like his Pa. He hasn't had the chance yet, but that is #1 priority this coming season. I am excited for him already. About once a week he gets the snowboard down and shows me all the 'tricks' he is going to do! Love it!

Took the boys to Pinedale last Saturday, they have a hell of an Aquatic Center. We had much fun, and I love the drive.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6004.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	242807