Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2037
    Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Corn harvest benefit for CAIC was fun
    Attachment 234520
    I want some corn!!
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Also....again, deepest thanks to all that have helped, and are still helping. It means a lot. Really.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Languishing in Florida, stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill. Can't wait to get home, will holler if'n I can get over and up. Would do me good to get back up high.

And the idea of mags swinging thru our neck next BBI/UT seems to be getting some traction. We'll have to get a plan up for 'em...

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Would love to introduce you to 'my' eagles, don't get many takers...so I spend a lot of time sitting and waiting for a bit of action from the birds. It can get a bit boring while I wait and then I let my mind wander to depressing shit. I know there are way worse things that happen to people all over the world everyday. Still....nice to have someone along to share the experience. Had my daughter and a friend of hers tag along last evening. They had an incredible time. Lots of action, and the view of the river from there is pretty awesome. So let me know if you want to meet the eagle family.

Have had a time with the grandchildren too.

Emma

Liam and Warren

Hurt my back, though I don't know how, so that has kept me from doing any snowboarding. Broke down yesterday and went to the chiropractor. Seems to have done the trick. So perhaps in the next few days I will get out. We'll see.

KC sometime? Anytime any mag wants to hit 'our' hill, let me know. I have connections. ;-)

hey, 'BigLost . . .

driving a tandem trailer, facing the specter of prosecution and for Trent. no Stress there : No wonder your back said, 'Ouch'

Please... try to get Good rest. like six hours in Twenty-four...

Spring finally sprung Up North - and then I hear the furnace kick On.

yesterday morning it was thirty-oneF, which may be nuthin' to you mountain folk living below snowfields, But for a flatlander who would love to shut Down the heater . . .

Jeff said yesterday, (Lake) Superior would be cold enough for my broken leg ( Hey! Good news : the surgeon said, ' ... give it Three more weeks to heal. ... ' ( diet, (Good) Care, ... More (better) Rest ( shit. I Can't Rest right now : I got (stuff) to Do. )

anyway, 'BigLost. . . still Got your back - figuratively. and figuratively literally : say When and I Am There.

hang in. Rock ON ! !!

snowboard at the wheel : You and Tate will get back to it when you can.

Thank You for your stoke, Here ! How About the talons on that eaglet ! !!

rock ON, JB ! ! my friend...

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    hey, 'BigLost . . .

driving a tandem trailer, facing the specter of prosecution and for Trent. no Stress there : No wonder your back said, 'Ouch'

Please... try to get Good rest. like six hours in Twenty-four...

Spring finally sprung Up North - and then I hear the furnace kick On.

yesterday morning it was thirty-oneF, which may be nuthin' to you mountain folk living below snowfields, But for a flatlander who would love to shut Down the heater . . .

Jeff said yesterday, (Lake) Superior would be cold enough for my broken leg ( Hey! Good news : the surgeon said, ' ... give it Three more weeks to heal. ... ' ( diet, (Good) Care, ... More (better) Rest ( shit. I Can't Rest right now : I got (stuff) to Do. )

anyway, 'BigLost. . . still Got your back - figuratively. and figuratively literally : say When and I Am There.

hang in. Rock ON ! !!

snowboard at the wheel : You and Tate will get back to it when you can.

Thank You for your stoke, Here ! How About the talons on that eaglet ! !!

rock ON, JB ! ! my friend...

tj
    Thanks!

And thanks to all who are still helping. Arraignment tomorrow, pleading not guilty. We will see how it goes from there.

Yeah, the back still hurts, and the driving doesn't help, another session with the chiropractor is in order.

The guys that I work for are just the best, I started with them in the ND oilfields, they were the only ones who would give me a chance with zero experience, and now i have a sweet gig to to Riverton and back hauling fert and barley, once or twice a week. Got back this morning. Chilled on the pass for an hour or so while Jackson thinned out last evening, the rig I drive is a bit long for that nasty corner in downtown. I have to 'literally' push outfits out of the way to make the corner, so I wait till late evening for less traffic.

Snowed on the pass a few days ago.

It isn't a bad gig. Scenery never gets old.

Riverton yesterday

Crowheart..

The pass...

And of course spending time with the grandkids.... they spend a lot of time with us.

Took a hike with Mrs LBL and Liam the other day. Liam showing me how he can now snap his fingers.

Again, thanks everyone!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Gorgeous pics.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

'BigLost...

it is a step in the process...

Be Calm ( Especially When your instincts are racing . . . ) ...

You have been through Real (stuff), Just as bad And Worse : You will weather this. We will ride in (20)19 ! !!

( and I am probably going to Be There next month. sometimes, (ya) Just (gotta) do what ( ya gotta ) do. )

drive ON ! my friend !!! tj

" ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

" I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

See you on the slopes! "

LBL - you're photos make me yearn for home.

Finally heading back to JH from Florida at my Dad's after 6-7 weeks.

Will get with ya for a hike soon thereafter.

Hang tough.

Hope everything falls in your favor today, LBL!

'BigLost...

it is a step in the process...

Be Calm ( Especially When your instincts are racing . . . ) ...

You have been through Real (stuff), Just as bad And Worse : You will weather this. We will ride in (20)19 ! !!

( and I am probably going to Be There next month. sometimes, (ya) Just (gotta) do what ( ya gotta ) do. )

drive ON ! my friend !!! tj

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Hope everything falls in your favor today, LBL!
    Thanks guys, but today was just a simple arraignment, to plead guilty, or not. Plead not guilty. Trial set for September. Prosecutor has to convince 12 jurors, we only need to convince 1 of the 12 otherwise, but my lawyer says it will never go to trial. So now it is a waiting game.

BTW, good god are they disorganized, 9am means 9:30, or later. I can see where a lot of our tax dollars go - out the window. Just sayin.

Also, saw the Beartooth Pass thread. If I weren't already taking the wifey and Liam to Yellowstone that weekend I'd be there with Tate. Gonna buy the Golden Pass for $80 bucks, and never have to sneak into the park at night again to get to BTP. Hope to get up there this summer, but who knows. Might have to settle for the Meadow Lake Cirque in July. Much closer and I am more familiar with it. Not that I don't want to become more familiar with BTP. Have boarded the Gardner Headwall, and would love to do it again, and more.

Meadow Lake Cirque

I miss winter.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

good luck hopefully doesn't come to trial. I am about the same age as you. Not my business but if your back hurts I would put effort in to strengthening your core. I started with an exercise ball which is really easy. Disregard if you are already working on this.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    good luck hopefully doesn't come to trial. I am about the same age as you. Not my business but if your back hurts I would put effort in to strengthening your core. I started with an exercise ball which is really easy. Disregard if you are already working on this.
    Thanks! I am doing some Yoga to stretch my hip flexor, but this problem has only been an issue for the last few weeks. Had trouble years ago, but up to this point have been mostly pain free. It is feeling much better today. We shall see if it continues healing. I think I did it the last day up to Targhee, hit a lip a little too fast, caught some pretty good air and failed to land it. Jerry Of The Day material. Even Tate said 'wOw, dad, dude'.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Gorgeous pics.
    Thanks man. I try. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    LBL - you're photos make me yearn for home.

Finally heading back to JH from Florida at my Dad's after 6-7 weeks.

Will get with ya for a hike soon thereafter.

Hang tough.
    It is worlds away, Florida. Don't know if I could endure it that long.

The eagles will be around for another 3 to 4 weeks, give or take. Be nice to show you the fam.

Phenomenal pics of the pass

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Phenomenal pics of the pass
    Easy to get them, just have to time it just right, which I do. ;-)
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Today, May 24, was my younger brother's birthday. Sadly, he died March, 23, 2006. He was involved in a 4 wheeler accident years before where he split his skull open.... I still have the newspaper clipping of the newspaper report on my fridge all these years later. He hit a downed tree in Island Park on the way home from the bar.... He was in a coma for +-60 days, and then 'woke' up. When I say woke up, I mean in a mostly vegetative state, massive brain damage, and blind. He could talk, but little was understandable. His new wife of 6 months took care of him for a while, but gave up. Don't really blame her, was a horrific ordeal. My wife and I stepped in and became his guardian for the next 5 and a half years. Mostly my wife, 3 to 4 times a week would sit with him (at a nursing home we had him in) and hold his hand while she talked to him for a few hours. He would answer with nonsense, while staring blindly at the ceiling. He vaguely remembered bits and pieces of his life, but only from when he was 17 and younger. Did not know he had been married twice, did not know that he had two children. He did know and responded when my name was mentioned, but only in bits and pieces of garbled memories. After I would visit him I would cry for a day or two and become depressed. That lasted about 5 and a half years when he died one night when he threw up in his sleep and asphyxiated. That was a blessing, mainly for him.

Sorry for the sad story, but....know that he was a great guy, liked by everyone he met. Very outgoing and talented, but he had a problem with alcohol and was unable to function without it. Many people have that problem, luckily I don't, but my father did also.

Anyway, thought I would throw this out there as part of my ongoing life story.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Drove to Riverton and back, saw this on the pass today.

Also along the way..

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Drove to Riverton and back, saw this on the pass today.

Also along the way..

I Love your pic.s 'BigLost... (!)

I am Sorry about your brother.

. . . there was an article in northern Iowa this week about a father and his four year old son(,) who took a kayak out on a seemingly ,,, harmless lake and did not come back alive.

no flotation.

Spring did arrive Up North.
    Thursday I had to cope with clouds of mosquitoes as I worked to load a canoe to take to a friend(s) for the season.
    . . . the next eight weeks will be inhumane : 'squitoes and biting flies ( black flies And deer flies and horse flies. ) ... I hate 'em.

' Should have climbed 'Blue's hill anyway. Back to Kansas (for now).

' thinking about June thirteenth...

( Please... ) drive Safe(ly) ! my friend... tj

. . . here(,) bear... good bear... Nice bear... : )

See you on the slopes! "

Yikes, I hope that griz was with a zoom lens.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Yikes, I hope that griz was with a zoom lens.
    Yeah, my zoom, but also from my truck... :-) this shot from the day before, just up the road a few miles....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

I Love your pic.s 'BigLost... (!)
    I am Sorry about your brother.

. . . there was an article in northern Iowa this week about a father and his four year old son(,) who took a kayak out on a seemingly ,,, harmless lake and did not come back alive.

no flotation.

Spring did arrive Up North.
    Thursday I had to cope with clouds of mosquitoes as I worked to load a canoe to take to a friend(s) for the season.
    . . . the next eight weeks will be inhumane : 'squitoes and biting flies ( black flies And deer flies and horse flies. ) ... I hate 'em.

( Please... ) drive Safe(ly) ! my friend... tj

. . . here(,) bear... good bear... Nice bear... : )

Yeah, mosquitoes and biting flies, why I am fond of winter.

a couple more shots of the bear...

Look at the way it's front legs are crossed... it was coming right towards me, and then turned around and wandered into the trees...

This is why I won't camp in the GYES, thanks, but no thanks.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-27-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

My best buddy, Liam. He spends about half the time with us. We have matching hats that I gave him. He hardly takes it off.

Warren. Grandchildren are wonderful.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Liam and I went to see the eagles today...

He took this shot.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

He had a blast...
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge