Page 60 of 82 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2037
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Thanks ! for bumping this up, LBL -

I am looking forward to your next pic.s from your Eagles overlook...

Still love your stuff !
    Thank you. tj
    Thanks! Haven't spent much time with the eagles this year. I visited +-3 times I think. Been busy with other shit. Putting in an underground sprinkler on one of my sons property. +- 2 acres. Will water pasture for the cows and goats, the lawn also. The well for the property once ran a pivot, can water most of it at the same time. Expanding pig pen also. Chickens, rabbits, and a few turkeys also. Bottle feeding 3 calves, about a month into it. Baby goats born yesterday. Pretty cool to watch. Just a hobby farm, nothing terribly big.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Couple of weeks ago.

He's barefoot

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Went and scouted an upcoming trip. Tate and I will try next week. Looks gnarly. This photo from Friday.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Took the boys on the scouting trip, went swimming afterwards. These shots from the same day.

Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-31-2020 at 03:47 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

https://www.flickr.com/photos/biglos...57714529672857

Toggle the slideshow. Pretty cool. Kinda got lost on the last page.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

cool photos!

rexbrg is sketch af.

good to see you back to it!

Little Big Lost, the last photo is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Went and scouted an upcoming trip. Tate and I will try next week. Looks gnarly. This photo from Friday.

Meadow lake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    cool photos!

rexbrg is sketch af.

good to see you back to it!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by charlielhyde View Post
    Little Big Lost, the last photo is amazing!
    :-)

Diamond Peak. Climbed 2 times. Snowboarded a bit of it. Can see the peak from home most days.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by SawtellPeak View Post
    Meadow lake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep.

Didn't make it up this last weekend. Tate hurt himself on the hill at KC, bruised ribs. Went over the handlebars. Maybe this weekend, though that may not happen, busy with shit and Tate still feeling it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New things happening at the hill (KC), for the better. Management is changing, new partners. Looks to me to be for the better. Talk of Sunday opening, alcohol, lodging, disc golf, yoga, full sales and service bike center (Bills Bike Shop). Food ......and more. Some of the partners are stepping back from the day to day. That is a good thing.

I run the ticket office, both summer and winter. They kinda let me come and go as I please, I'm not in it for the money.

New features on the mountain coming. New bikes, hardtails, full suspension, e's. This one has my name on it. Were open Thursday/Friday afternoons till 8. All day Saturdays till 8. Come on up.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 06-09-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Teneile just got back from middle fork trip.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBOLOYSD...=1pmc1fb1i8999

EDIT...Teneiles IG is private....forgot. Thx TJ.

Here are some photos...

Last edited by Little Big Lost; 06-10-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Today.

Was pretty good.

Going again Sunday. Meantime Thursday/Friday/Saturday riding the hill.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 07-03-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Again. 6/29/2020

Was an absolute blast. 6 inches new on top of the old and was still snowing when I left. Face shots galore....

The outline of Gilmore Peak in the tarn above Meadow Lake. It refroze last night.

Turns phenomenal....

Put a huge smile on my face.

https://youtu.be/ZQmMLublovE
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 07-03-2020 at 09:56 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Few more from yesterday....

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Saw many tracks in the new snow Monday..... Deer, elk, rabbit, squirrel, small bird. These too. First thought was Raccoon, but I could see where it made a few running leaps of 6 feet or more.... that seemed to me to be un-raccoonish. Fisher? Marten? Too big for a weasel.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Sounds like Meadow Lake may be the place to be this weekend, FS is keeping the campground closed until next week due to all the rain. I keep meaning to head up there to check it out with the pups.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Sounds like Meadow Lake may be the place to be this weekend, FS is keeping the campground closed until next week due to all the rain. I keep meaning to head up there to check it out with the pups.
    Part of the road washed out a little bit. They've been working on it. The trail to the divide still covered with snow in places up high. Gilmore and Portland can be easily climbed from there when the snow melts.

I know the place can seem overrun on the weekends. Head high.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 07-03-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

I do admire your adventures, LBL -

Thank you... tj

Gilmore in the refreeze pic is really really cool !
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Thanks for sharing these photos!

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    I do admire your adventures, LBL -

Thank you... tj
    Thanks! You need to come out this winter, couple of days at LT would do us good!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    Gilmore in the refreeze pic is really really cool !
    Thanks Mike! Appreciate the feedback!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Thanks for sharing these photos!
    Thank! More on the way soon, I always have an adventure or two lined up.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

I have been asked to go fight fires again this summer. The pay is something I can't pass up. Will continue to work the hill in the meantime.

The $ I make will help to finance a project idea I have been kicking around for a while. Guided MB trips in and around the areas of Idaho that I am very familiar with. Nothing extreme, but probably more so than most people are accustomed to. I know places, and things about those places, that lend itself to such adventures. The history, the views and the beauty that sometimes remain hidden to all but the most curious of us. A 3 out of 4 day sort of thing. Each day a little different. 2 clients at a time. Perfect type of socially distant activity for these trying times. I'd be good at it. Maybe make some money too! ;-)
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 07-08-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    I have been asked to go fight fires again this summer. The pay is something I can't pass up. Will continue to work the hill in the meantime.
    My engine has been on a roll for the last 2.5 weeks. We’ve been on fires for 17 days in a row and are looking like we’ll hit 21 days straight and have to take two paid days off👍. Here’s a few pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C6D8CBB5-D652-4244-A73C-E92AD9F57262.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	379.4 KB 
ID:	334214
    Lightning strike just before sunset. Turned into the “Hill” fire.

Name:	0B6EB102-8EEC-408C-8F60-3886A16C5464.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	622.1 KB 
ID:	334215
    “Poeville Rd” fire with 30 mph winds behind it pushing hard down towards Reno.

Name:	6A330ECE-2E7C-4F5E-A2D6-A27117000B85.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	597.2 KB 
ID:	334216
    Initial attack on the “Rail Road” fire. Zoom in and you can see an old rancher with a shovel standing out in front of a wall of 15+ft flames. He wouldn’t leave until I dragged him out of the way.

Name:	56CEA7B7-E54D-4539-81ED-5F85CB393F70.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	596.3 KB 
ID:	334217
    Monday night on the “Numbers” fire. The fire with a well established front hitting HWY 395 South of Gardnerville, NV. Lights in front of it were the last of the residents fleeing. Flame heights of 30-40ft.

Looking like a busy summer.