Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    North of South, South of North, West of East
    Two months from the beginning and this thread still does not suck.

FKNA, I love the Tetons.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

STOKE BUMP
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

I logged into TGR this morning to bitch about how life has been of late, somehow got pulled into this thread instead and it has literally just changed my perspective. There is so much beauty here that it is impossible to be upset while looking at all of it.

what a great talent you have LBL, thank you very much.

I was off TGR this summer, so thanks for the bump.

Thank you so much for sharing these photos. You've got me inspired.

This is my favorite - says so much:
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Wow....this thread is back from dead....

Thanks! Mind a few more?

Boedecker Buttes ...16 miles north of Dubois WY, on the way to Double Cabin.

Lunar Eclipse .....from the ski hill!

Pinnacles Butte - Togwotee Pass

Full moon over the Heise Cliffs. This is near home....

Top of Glory.....Trenton is the small black dot on the top...he can hoof it in less than 30 minutes...little bastard....

Trent...on the way down...he is pretty good at that too....

Tate....powder boy on Glory.

A little fun in the parking lot (top of Teton Pass)

Quaking Aspen

Ram Flat and Downs in the Winds.

West side of the Tetons.....
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 09-28-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

don't mind at all. I can't believe I didn't see this thread until today. All great shots, some are extraordinary. Without going back to mention some favourites, I'll stick to some in your previous post, in particular right above this post. I would looove to own the property in the foreground of this shot.
    Why isn't this thread in the Hall of Fame yet?
    BTW, what exactly is the subject matter in the photo 9th from the top, right after the pic of your son in the parking lot with snow all over his face? Curious...
    Finally I will leave this thread and go google Sony A100. Thanks for all the inspiration
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Quote Originally Posted by nesta View Post
    don't mind at all. I can't believe I didn't see this thread until today. All great shots, some are extraordinary. Without going back to mention some favourites, I'll stick to some in your previous post, in particular right above this post. I would looove to own the property in the foreground of this shot.
    Why isn't this thread in the Hall of Fame yet?
    BTW, what exactly is the subject matter in the photo 9th from the top, right after the pic of your son in the parking lot with snow all over his face? Curious...
    Finally I will leave this thread and go google Sony A100. Thanks for all the inspiration

Thanks! Subject matter?
    |||||
    VVVV

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Thanks! Subject matter?
    |||||
    VVVV

Now that I would not have guessed. Cool!
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

A Few more...can you tell I like the moon?

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

You live in an amazing place...bastard...
    let it snow

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    A Few more...can you tell I like the moon?
    Me too. But not as much as a spoon.

LBL you sure come through when some of us are in the greatest need of inspiration!
    Thanks fo the updates.

+1 vote for submission to the HOF
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

Saying this thread should be in the hall of fame is like saying Brett Favre should to go to Canton - I'm sure it's a done deal already. But the story keeps getting better and deeper with each new set of photos and biography details. Keep it coming...

Hell man, will I ever stop? Apparently not.

Had a little slack time at work today, put a few more together. Several of these were taken on the same day. Drove up into the park around midnight and just slept in the front seat, temps dropping down to around -35f. Love it!

I take my camera along, but these trips are not for photography. I just like to get away from the normal, the everyday routine that numbs the mind a little bit at a time. I take the camera with, though it serves a secondary purpose, the main reason is to just get away for a while, to experience singular moments in one's lifetime. Days to be remembered..... that is where the camera helps.....

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

i love this thread, it makes my day whenever its bumped

^^^^^^^^ Everyone of those images is stunning.

I was planning on just going through a page of this thread but got sucked in a read all 9.... excellent pictures! keep up the great work!!

Hell man, will I ever stop?
    I hope not. The photos are stunning. Your story is amazing and inspiring. And major props on the kid stoke; you seem to have the job of dad down pat.

Here are a few more, some that aren't that great as much as interesting....

On the way to BigSky....

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

First time visitor here. Wow.

Keep sharing.

Just when you think this place is a shit sandwich of asshattery, along comes a new member that gets it and lives life well.
    . . .

Like we needed to be told we live in the wrong part of the coutry, again.

Thanks for the reminder though, love it.

Ok, that was a bit sour. I was jealous, I admit it.

It's usually just a figure of speech, but I really could imagine myself in some of those photos, standing alone on a windy ridge, hearing nothing but nothing for long minutes. My wife was sitting beside me and probably thought I was falling asleep.

Maybe it was just the right photos at just the right time, or I was in just the right frame of mind, but I don't think I have ever actually felt that way, at least not as deeply. It was as though I was drawn into the photos. Really moving photography, thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
    Like we needed to be told we live in the wrong part of the coutry, again.

Thanks for the reminder though, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
    Ok, that was a bit sour. I was jealous, I admit it.

It's usually just a figure of speech, but I really could imagine myself in some of those photos, standing alone on a windy ridge, hearing nothing but nothing for long minutes. My wife was sitting beside me and probably thought I was falling asleep.

Maybe it was just the right photos at just the right time, or I was in just the right frame of mind, but I don't think I have ever actually felt that way, at least not as deeply. It was as though I was drawn into the photos. Really moving photography, thank you so much.
    I feel for you man. I understand and have been there myself. Every time I have left this place for any extended period of time, I fretted and felt like I was missing something. Not that I didn't enjoy my time while away (sometimes for years), I felt like a part of me was missing. I knew even though I was making good money and living in nice house, there are some things that money just can't buy.

Even from my office I can see the Tetons on clear days, and to the west are the Lemhi Range peaks. Even though I don't get into the mountains on a daily basis, just knowing I can be there in an hour or so is enough to keep me sane.

Beautiful morning here by the way, rain and wind has cleared out all the dust. The Tetons are white this morning, http://www.jacksonholewy.net/webcams...rand_teton.php
    This one updates every 15 seconds or so.

I am guessing you live in Michigan, right? I am not knocking MI, but were it me, I would quit my job, sell everything and head for the hills. I know that it is easier said than done.....but I would still do it.

Have a look at my web site if you need additional reasons to move west......
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 10-06-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Bump to keep the stoke going!!! LET IT SNOW!!!!
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

Hmm... sell.. good idea.
    As soon as I finish the roof that disintegrated in the remnants of Ike, and the counter which has been missing for about a year (good thing for ikea butcher block) we are listing the house that nobody wants. That's not entirely true, it's a fine little house. Might sell. Never know.
    I know one thing for absolutely sure. If it weren't for TGR, I would have gone crazy a long time ago. Until we escape this part of the country, your thread and others like it keep us motivated.
    And FWIW, I am not buying another house for at least five years. I am sick of fixing things on the house. Ughh. You know what kind of ski trip $5k dollars gets? Not too shabby, actually, really nice. Guess how much roof it buys? Yeah, not much.
    First sign of snow here and I am going skiing. Don't care where, it can be on the side of the freeway, like when I was a kid. Why not.

Keep up the killer stoke LBL, we love it.

Cheers