Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2037
    Out making sure everything is functioning properly. Seems to be fine, electric fireplace and gas furnace running nicely, didn't really use them this summer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221114_132306.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	817.6 KB 
ID:	433965
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Well that's cool. What's the drive time from Ririe to LTPM?

I'd be up for a lap to check it out.

Bonus with the trailer. Double bonus getting to see the first one get thrashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Well that's cool. What's the drive time from Ririe to LTPM?

I'd be up for a lap to check it out.

Bonus with the trailer. Double bonus getting to see the first one get thrashed.
    It's right around 220 miles to the hill from my house. 3.5 hour drive or so. Nothing terribly outrageous. I'm particularly fond of that route. Lots of memories.

Name:	2022-10-26_05-03-23.jpg 
Size:	938.7 KB 
ID:	433980
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Nice! I suspected you meant Lost Trail. The PM threw me off. I skied Lost Trail a lot as kid, but haven't been there since '86. My Mom moved back to Salmon from Ririe the year before last and I have a couple of days at LT on the Powder Alliance to use this year. Where will your duties take place, I will look you up.
    More cowbell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    Nice! I suspected you meant Lost Trail. The PM threw me off. I skied Lost Trail a lot as kid, but haven't been there since '86. My Mom moved back to Salmon from Ririe the year before last and I have a couple of days at LT on the Powder Alliance to use this year. Where will your duties take place, I will look you up.
    I do call it LT most of the time. Great hill, my favorite.

I will be a liftie, but I will have a day or two off here and there to ride. Lemme know!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Got a call from Soldier Mountain. They made me a better offer. Much better. So....change of plans.

Enjoy the holiday!

Name:	20221122_180322.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1,023.4 KB 
ID:	435150
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Holy cow...

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Got a call from Soldier Mountain. They made me a better offer. Much better. So....change of plans.

Enjoy the holiday!

Name:	20221122_180322.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1,023.4 KB 
ID:	435150
    Congrats! It’s nice to see the troops with the employment leverage these days! I will look you up at Soldier too. I love seeing turkey tracks in the maze first thing in the morning on warm spring days, although it is a harbinger of the ski season coming to a close.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    More cowbell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    Congrats! It’s nice to see the troops with the employment leverage these days! I will look you up at Soldier too. I love seeing turkey tracks in the maze first thing in the morning on warm spring days, although it is a harbinger of the ski season coming to a close.

Yes, had plans to take trailer up to LT and then it snowed enough that morning to make me change my mind about pulling it up on slick roads. Then no opportunity to do presented itself. Need the help of one of my sons. Their work schedule didn't mesh with the better weather conditions. So I waited. Then Soldier called. Pros - better roads. Closer to home. Cell signal. No charge to park trailer. Kiteboarding nearby (I have a kite) and the time to do it. 4 day work week. Close to my eldest son who lives in Nampa. Cons - LT a better hill by any measure.

But Soldier is a damn fun hill too.

Name:	2022-11-24_08-37-28.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	327.6 KB 
ID:	435308

Name:	2022-11-24_08-36-57.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	447.1 KB 
ID:	435309

Name:	2022-11-24_08-37-13.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	309.6 KB 
ID:	435310

Name:	2022-11-24_08-36-49.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	765.5 KB 
ID:	435311
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Said kite...

Name:	Screenshot_20221124-094953_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	473.8 KB 
ID:	435315
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Said kite...

Name:	Screenshot_20221124-094953_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	473.8 KB 
ID:	435315
    I see lots of kites east of Pine/Featherville Rd and north of Hwy 20/26. Looks like fun!

More cowbell!!!

Out riding the bikes west of the Menan Buttes, North side of the Snake. Canal along the way frozen. Walked out on it as it was +4 inches thick. Perfect for ice skating. Clear and smooth. Clear enough to see a hibernating Western Painted turtle. +-10 inches and was about 4 feet below the bottom of the ice. Hard to photograph but could see it very well.

Name:	20221121_192822.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	589.4 KB 
ID:	435338

'That's a funny looking rock...'

Name:	Screenshot_20221120-160930_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	793.7 KB 
ID:	435339

Fun day...

Name:	Screenshot_20221120-175429_GoPro Quik.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	693.0 KB 
ID:	435340
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Greetings from the Little Lost River country.

Name:	20221127_103017.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1,009.9 KB 
ID:	435604

Name:	20221125_201635.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	773.4 KB 
ID:	435605

Name:	GX015349_1669425493636_2.jpg 
Size:	347.3 KB 
ID:	435606

Name:	GOPR5355_1669425873582.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	435607
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

First Dad and Daughter ski date for the season.

Name:	B8AC582B-46CC-463D-81E5-00BF831D93C1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	936.7 KB 
ID:	435609
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    First Dad and Daughter ski date for the season.

Name:	B8AC582B-46CC-463D-81E5-00BF831D93C1.jpg 
Size:	936.7 KB 
ID:	435609
    Nice! Making memories!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Little Lost country. Bell Mountain. Barney warm spring.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Spent part of the morning talking to lift operations about liftie position. Secured.

Rest of afternoon doing this.

Soldier Mountain.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Yours truly @Soldier yesterday. Beautiful day.

Name:	Screenshot_20221204-130104_Gallery.jpg 
Size:	609.1 KB 
ID:	436688
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Have been sick with Influenza A for days. Fever dreams a plenty. Was having a bit of a hard time distinguishing dream from reality here and there. Bizarre stuff. Thought I could fly/levitate. Seemed so real. Not the jumping off stuff flying. Rather the ability to levitate....to great heights. Still a bit weak and still in somewhat of a brain fog... but over the worst part. Has delayed any thoughts of traveling to Soldier to work. They are understanding and would rather I not come spread the holiday 'cheer'.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Both Tate and I and several other family members have been under the weather a bit. Most of us caught the flu last week, my wife the exception. The endless dreary days haven't helped. Needed some sunshine and hiked a hill to get some. I was/am still a bit weak and somewhat under the weather but said fuck it. Windy and cold af. It was worth it.

Name:	20221219_085526.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	363.7 KB 
ID:	438952
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

11 years ago right around this time of year, I suffered a cardiac arrest after earning some turns off the Pine Creek Pass. Haven't been back to make some turns.... until yesterday. Climbed to the top on the North side of 31 again..... looked and felt like last time. Cold and windy. Just had to get it out of the way.

But..it's another 'last time' event. Won't do it again. I've been up on this modest hill several times. Winter and summer. Even slept in an igloo up there one winter. But I will save my time left on earth for exploring other destinations.

Do have photos from the day.

Name:	Screenshot_20221219-155921_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	732.2 KB 
ID:	439042

Name:	Screenshot_20221219-154632_Gallery.jpg 
Size:	673.5 KB 
ID:	439043

Name:	20221218_172416.jpg 
Size:	960.6 KB 
ID:	439045

On the way home.

Name:	Screenshot_20221219-160617_Gallery.jpg 
Size:	497.0 KB 
ID:	439046

Name:	20221219_160514.jpg 
Size:	539.2 KB 
ID:	439047
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Just know this LBL: appreciate your line of work, photography skills, and word-smithing. thank you. I enjoy your submissions, all, total stoke, always!. hope you're doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by T-dub View Post
    Just know this LBL: appreciate your line of work, photography skills, and word-smithing. thank you. I enjoy your submissions, all, total stoke, always!. hope you're doing fine.

ditto.

I Am going to have to do some processing of your ' last time / time (you) have left' stuff

( I Am a little freaked - out. )

my favorite thread , hands down

( I have written (to) you, and we have talked about the rest ), so

Thank you, LBL ! !!!
    I still think You and K. Should come to Lake Superior in March or February - or April.

... two days at lutsen - in April

( Ha! it's already WildFire season... ! )

The offer stands.
    With love, my friend(s. Your Family ) tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by T-dub View Post
    Gosh.. really appreciate the kind words. I have felt better, but then I have felt much worse. Part of my problem is that I cannot take any medications to offset the symptoms. That stuff makes me feel very uncomfortable, kinda like drinking way too much coffee during a bad hangover. It has been 10 days and I still feel like shit. My age contributes to the longer recovery time I'm sure. I still attend to the 2 wood stoves in the house. Splitting and stacking the firewood keeps me busy. Shoveling snow. Been a hell of a winter so far. Temps to drop from 30f (now) to neg 15f overnight. Then get way above freezing over Christmas. Such is winter.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    ditto.

I Am going to have to do some processing of your ' last time / time (you) have left' stuff

( I Am a little freaked - out. )

my favorite thread , hands down

( I have written (to) you, and we have talked about the rest ), so

Thank you, LBL ! !!!
    I still think You and K. Should come to Lake Superior in March or February - or April.

... two days at lutsen - in April

( Ha! it's already WildFire season... ! )

The offer stands.
    With love, my friend(s. Your Family ) tj

I'm feeling my age these days. I've realized many goals now beyond my physical ability. Climbing remote and obscure Idaho peaks mostly out of my reach. Let alone doing them solo. So yeah. I miss those days. Shit.... going out to the wood pile at -20f yesterday was a tiny bit concerning. Those 'what if' thoughts creep in. Fuck.

Most other activities still within my ability, but the boys always know where the Nitroglycerin is.
    Attachment 439608

I still get around better than some, so I am thankful for that. I try to stay positive. Lots of shit I can still do.

It's been a long cold winter here. Glad the days are getting longer and perhaps I won't feel like going to bed at 6pm like I've been wanting to do.

Name:	2022-12-23_02-03-51.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	656.9 KB 
ID:	439609
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge