Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59
Results 1,451 to 1,470 of 1470
  1. #1451
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ririe, Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    Went for a ride alone up in the mountains Monday. Scenery was incredible. The smells brought back memories from long ago. Each one a delight, but at the same time I felt pangs of sadness. Hard to explain. Guess I feel that way because of those who would like to take that away from us. The litter, the damage that comes from 'off roading' in vulnerable areas. The 'me first, fuck everybody else' attitude of so many. It physically hurts.

    Anyway, still want to share the positive aspects of what I see. I'll do what I can to lessen the visual and other impacts of litter. That is why I always have garbage bags with me at all times.

    The Tetons from the south...




    Caribou Mountain


    Along the way....






    Me and Warren checking out the Cat-faced spiders out in the backyard yesterday...







    Snow on the way... might have to hit Targhee next week. We will see.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

    My Flickr Photos


    .....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends thatíll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, ďIf you donít do it this year, youíll be one year older when you do.Ē

    -Mike Rogge

  2. #1452
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Went for a ride alone up in the mountains Monday. Scenery was incredible. The smells brought back memories from long ago. Each one a delight, but at the same time I felt pangs of sadness. Hard to explain. Guess I feel that way because of those who would like to take that away from us. The litter, the damage that comes from 'off roading' in vulnerable areas. The 'me first, fuck everybody else' attitude of so many. It physically hurts.

    Anyway, still want to share the positive aspects of what I see. I'll do what I can to lessen the visual and other impacts of litter. That is why I always have garbage bags with me at all times.

    The Tetons from the south...




    Caribou Mountain


    Along the way....






    Me and Warren checking out the Cat-faced spiders out in the backyard yesterday...







    Snow on the way... might have to hit Targhee next week. We will see.
    Thank you for this, JB --
    We need your great stuff - Thank You (!)

    I am seeing the garbage down here, too --
    I don't quiet have your reaction - and I am in an urban environment...

    I Can relate though as the logging industry has turned my beloved Flambeau river (Forest) into a wasteland...

    Your thread, here, And your example are Your contribution - and your contribution is a Good contribution and has Great merit :

    that I have been able to live vicariously through your thread and your photos has kept me Go-ing more than twice - Thank you...

    I recycled at least Five bucks worth of plastic this morning, my Deposits not much good a thousand miles away. . .


    My plea :
    buy a canteen, a bottle, a mug or an insulated Bottle ( Thermos or other. . . ) and filter tap water.

    Flint is just down the road And
    They are not fixing it --

    bottled water was, ,,, a coincidence - Or not.

    Save bottled water for disasters and emergencies --

    Use filtered tap water - Please...

    End of sermon.

    Let's ride ! !! tj

  3. #1453
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ririe, Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    While bored at work today...
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 09-28-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

    My Flickr Photos


    .....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends thatíll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, ďIf you donít do it this year, youíll be one year older when you do.Ē

    -Mike Rogge

  4. #1454
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Thanks! Hope to see you this season perhaps? Always happy to represent FreeRideSystems, damn nice jackets.


    OK -

    So Now I can offer...

    po - Tate - o ! !!! ROCKIN' !!!
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

    Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

    Get out there and do stuff!

    Enjoy life to the fullest!!

    See you on the slopes! "

  5. #1455
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ririe, Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    Right on TJ. I am going to clean up both sides the road to KC from the river bridge to the t-junction above the ski hill, sometime before the snow flies. I have to drive that road a shit ton every year. tired of looking at the litter.

    Anyway, cold enough this morning to put on the snowboarding jacket for the trip to the hill. Nasty weather here, and much more coming. The MTB downhill was cancelled and pushed back a week....but back to the jacket. When I put it on I just turn into a badass mf. Something about the attire just changes everything. No longer am I Clark Kent, but ef'n Superman. You know the feeling, right?

    Snowing a bit up high, might have to run up to Targhee on Monday for some September turns. I will watch the Stick closely...not much on it at the moment.

    The fall colors are just starting to turn. Love it.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 09-29-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

    My Flickr Photos


    .....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends thatíll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, ďIf you donít do it this year, youíll be one year older when you do.Ē

    -Mike Rogge

  6. #1456
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ririe, Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    Another wood cutting/hauling trip. Me and myself. Awesome day. Left home 5am. Drove 40 miles to the spot. This along the way.













    Kept stopping every 5 minutes to take photos. Thought i'd never get there....but it was so damn awesome. Didn't want the day to end.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

    My Flickr Photos


    .....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends thatíll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, ďIf you donít do it this year, youíll be one year older when you do.Ē

    -Mike Rogge

  7. #1457
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Another wood cutting/hauling trip. Me and myself. Awesome day. Left home 5am. Drove 40 miles to the spot. This along the way.













    Kept stopping every 5 minutes to take photos. Thought i'd never get there....but it was so damn awesome. Didn't want the day to end.
    jeezus, JB, That is great stuff - Thank you ! !!

    I wish you could have taken Liam with you
    ( but going to School teaches lessons that aren't ( well, they don't use books anymore, so, Whatever... )

    anyway.
    Gary tells of taking his your son to the San Juans years ago :
    Adam's uncle worked building trade.s around T - 'ell - u - ride , and there was criticism the boy should be going to DisneyWorld...

    as I (re-)tell Gary's story,
    they were standing at a high Alpine vista looking at the mountains - for - miles view and Adam - about Ten years in age at the time said to his Dad,

    ' fuck : Disney doesn't have anything like this. '

    Your pic.s reminded me of Gary's story...

    ( Adam is in his thirties now, and has a son of his own )


    Big Lost, your thread is my favorite spot on the web. hands down.

    Thank you. tj

  8. #1458
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,057
    Great shots! thanks for continuing to share! I love the spider closeups.
    24į 06į

  9. #1459
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    2,025
    Love this thread! weather broke here this week. High today 78. Vs 95 last week...
    "Can't you see..."

  10. #1460
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    365
    Keep em' coming...I need to get out and shoot a few to share in our neck of the woods. It's all about the stoke of being outdoors! Cheers!
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

    P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

  11. #1461
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    24
    As a fellow Idahoan (Idaho Falls) I do have to say we live in a gorgeous place!!! I’m tempted to post some pics from recent hiking and backpacking, but don’t want to invade on your mojo. Nice pics!

  12. #1462
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ririe, Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    jeezus, JB, That is great stuff - Thank you ! !!

    I wish you could have taken Liam with you
    ( but going to School teaches lessons that aren't ( well, they don't use books anymore, so, Whatever... )

    anyway.
    Gary tells of taking his your son to the San Juans years ago :
    Adam's uncle worked building trade.s around T - 'ell - u - ride , and there was criticism the boy should be going to DisneyWorld...

    as I (re-)tell Gary's story,
    they were standing at a high Alpine vista looking at the mountains - for - miles view and Adam - about Ten years in age at the time said to his Dad,

    ' fuck : Disney doesn't have anything like this. '

    Your pic.s reminded me of Gary's story...

    ( Adam is in his thirties now, and has a son of his own )


    Big Lost, your thread is my favorite spot on the web. hands down.

    Thank you. tj
    Support like yours means everything. I am so, so grateful for friendships like this one. The best! Can't wait for Lost Trail. Looks like it is getting pounded as we speak. Bring it on.

    Liam?, Oh the boy gets to go, and so does his little brother. Not every time, but often enough. They are well watched over in the woods.

    This a few days ago...


    Stopped to see Teneile at home at the lodge afterwards. Who has more fun...
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

    My Flickr Photos


    .....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends thatíll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, ďIf you donít do it this year, youíll be one year older when you do.Ē

    -Mike Rogge

  13. #1463
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ririe, Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Great shots! thanks for continuing to share! I love the spider closeups.
    Thanks!!, Not many people like spiders. I am extraordinarily fond of them.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

    My Flickr Photos


    .....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends thatíll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, ďIf you donít do it this year, youíll be one year older when you do.Ē

    -Mike Rogge

  14. #1464
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ririe, Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Love this thread! weather broke here this week. High today 78. Vs 95 last week...
    I'm guessing here this afternoon temps right around 30f. With 30/40 mph winds. Dang! Still better than the heat. been there, done that.

    Fire on the Mountain.
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

    My Flickr Photos


    .....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends thatíll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, ďIf you donít do it this year, youíll be one year older when you do.Ē

    -Mike Rogge

  15. #1465
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ririe, Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by jarlybart View Post
    Keep em' coming...I need to get out and shoot a few to share in our neck of the woods. It's all about the stoke of being outdoors! Cheers!


    ...a few pics won't hurt anything... ;-)
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

    My Flickr Photos


    .....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends thatíll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, ďIf you donít do it this year, youíll be one year older when you do.Ē

    -Mike Rogge

  16. #1466
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ririe, Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Bob View Post
    As a fellow Idahoan (Idaho Falls) I do have to say we live in a gorgeous place!!! Iím tempted to post some pics from recent hiking and backpacking, but donít want to invade on your mojo. Nice pics!
    Like I said...
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

    My Flickr Photos


    .....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends thatíll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, ďIf you donít do it this year, youíll be one year older when you do.Ē

    -Mike Rogge

  17. #1467
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Like I said...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9EBA27CB-CAB9-4471-9186-B22689E3FC33.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	297077Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55A8E7C2-8911-48C0-B504-F6AE92A7EA41.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	964.6 KB 
ID:	297078Click image for larger version. 

Name:	253532CE-6237-43FE-8A2F-D19F19BE7EE1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	297079
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4CE1BA5E-4C2E-40FA-A752-7366869DDFB5.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	297076

  18. #1468
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    24
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75275736-6F82-4E9A-94D1-4DA90F7EC4B0.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	297084Pic from Targhee last year. Everyone always takes pics of the Tetons, but the other direction is just as beautiful.

  19. #1469
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ririe, Idaho
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Bob View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75275736-6F82-4E9A-94D1-4DA90F7EC4B0.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	297084Pic from Targhee last year. Everyone always takes pics of the Tetons, but the other direction is just as beautiful.
    Love this shot!
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

    My Flickr Photos


    .....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends thatíll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, ďIf you donít do it this year, youíll be one year older when you do.Ē

    -Mike Rogge

  20. #1470
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls, ID
    Posts
    1,040
    Your pictures are always the best!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. just a thought
    By hairy in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 08:37 PM
  2. UW scientists contend warming has less overall effect on snowpack than thought
    By spook in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 05:01 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 12:54 PM
  4. Hey I just thought of something!
    By Pinner in forum The Padded Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-24-2005, 10:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •