Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2037
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

I hate summer. The heat, the smoke, the crowds, the endless road construction. I've had enough of this shit. Cannot wait till winter. That is all.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

hey, 'BigLost… (!)

You hang in there -- I know you are over-working... Winter is coming - you 'll probably see it first (!)

I was thinking this morning, About a year ago, I saw my first red Maple of the Fall... The shadow of Lake Superior is different - almost it's own unique micro-climate... This year, we had 'winter-y weather' until almost May ;
    last year, at Less than A thousand feet(,) it was forty-sixF in July...

. . . there 's another thread called, 'The Turn' ( Might be worth a look; I wonder If I will ever see the Intro again - I believe it was September of 2007 - that was poignant to me, and ended, "We are skiers." ( … and snowboarders... )

( Please ) … "Be Careful out there "

we will ride in March ( - if not before ) …

Love those GrandKids ! !!

Thank you for your contributions here ( and Thank you to tgr for hosting this community )

" See You on the slopes ! " my friend. tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    I hate summer. The heat, the smoke, the crowds, the endless road construction. I've had enough of this shit. Cannot wait till winter. That is all.
    I concur 100%. Except for me, I'd reverse the order of the 4 factors for irritation level. I expect temps to start shifting cooler within 4 weeks.

Ever ski the Village?

SkiJ - Word up? How's the leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I concur 100%. Except for me, I'd reverse the order of the 4 factors for irritation level. I expect temps to start shifting cooler within 4 weeks.

Ever ski the Village?

SkiJ - Word up? How's the leg?
    Yes, a few times. But never on a pow day. A little pricy and kinda crowded. Used to take the wife up when she was learning, on the 'cheap' lifts, was only $12 back in the day. The boys would lap that little terrain park over and over. Was fun.

And yeah TJ, how is that ankle doing?
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Well, let's try and remedy that. This winter let's connect on a pow day. I gots a few 1/2 price passes to spare.

And I'm a pretty fair guide around the Vill.

Well, let's try and remedy that. This winter let's connect on a pow day. I gots a few 1/2 price passes to spare.

And I'm a pretty fair guide around the Vill.
    You got it. I'm game! I will never pass up a chance to ride. I'll bring the camera. :-)
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    hey, 'BigLost… (!)

You hang in there -- I know you are over-working... Winter is coming - you 'll probably see it first (!)

I was thinking this morning, About a year ago, I saw my first red Maple of the Fall... The shadow of Lake Superior is different - almost it's own unique micro-climate... This year, we had 'winter-y weather' until almost May ;
    last year, at Less than A thousand feet(,) it was forty-sixF in July...

. . . there 's another thread called, 'The Turn' ( Might be worth a look; I wonder If I will ever see the Intro again - I believe it was September of 2007 - that was poignant to me, and ended, "We are skiers." ( … and snowboarders... )

( Please ) … "Be Careful out there "

we will ride in March ( - if not before ) …

Love those GrandKids ! !!

Thank you for your contributions here ( and Thank you to tgr for hosting this community )

" See You on the slopes ! " my friend. tj
    Going in for a bit of training this week. Firefighting support. Hauling heavy equipment. Probably won't have to work this winter. Doesn't hurt my feelings any. Can spend most days on the hill. Me 'n Liam. Sounds like fun.

And yeah, cooler weather can't come soon enough, if I wanted hot temps I'd move back to Texas. Used to roof houses in +110f temps, and I lived in Bangkok and Africa, so don't anybody tell me I don't know what heat is. Oh, I know. Fuck that. 20 below sounds about right.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Going in for a bit of training this week. Firefighting support. Hauling heavy equipment. Probably won't have to work this winter. Doesn't hurt my feelings any. Can spend most days on the hill. Me 'n Liam. Sounds like fun.

And yeah, cooler weather can't come soon enough, if I wanted hot temps I'd move back to Texas. Used to roof houses in +110f temps, and I lived in Bangkok and Africa, so don't anybody tell me I don't know what heat is. Oh, I know. Fuck that. 20 below sounds about right.
    ' BigLost and Dj... Thanks... ! I am humbled by your interest or concern - Thank you ! !!

I am cautious to say anything about the leg - yet ( ! ! )

it was Slow-to-heal -- x-rays after four weeks led to follow-up with an orthopedic surgeon -- He said, give it More Time. …
    another set of x-rays after ten weeks looked better.

I am careful with it ( : I aint a kid. I'm headed for sixty... re-breaking it will result in Surgery which I am motivated to avoid. … )
    it hurt and ached for four months -- I have worked hard since the injury to keep it mobile - But this last weekend, I see I do not have normal rotational mobility in the ankle , and - this week - trying to go without a compression stocking for the first time in Five months - my lower leg blew up by about 50% ( so I am back in the 'hose (which is Fine : I am an old guy. I can wear 'em for the rest of my life - No problem. ) )

so. Tom and I adjusted our Shoshone lake plan for this month... I will be Out - either later this month, or in October (too) …
    Just taking it ease-y. . .

in December or November(,) there will be more x-rays --

My goal is RedLodge, March 2nd.
    I can work until then without skiing. ( But If I don't ski in January, ,,, I 'm (gonna) be even more feeble in March. (!) )

January and March are still a (long) way off. …

BigSky was A Good day... and I Am highly motivated to 'see you on the slopes ! !! '

and we will aim for 'ghee and KC March 9 - 10 With your Fam.ily ! !! po_Tate_o, T.s, and Liam ( and GrandMa H. ! ) !!

Thank you, fellas ! You are Good Men ! !

… more to follow. . . tj

" ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

SkiJ - hang tough man, winter's coming.

Stay motivated to rehab that leg. Work it out a little, safely. But keep after it.

Skiing next season could be your best one ever.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    ' BigLost and Dj... Thanks... ! I am humbled by your interest or concern - Thank you ! !!

I am cautious to say anything about the leg - yet ( ! ! )

it was Slow-to-heal -- x-rays after four weeks led to follow-up with an orthopedic surgeon -- He said, give it More Time. …
    another set of x-rays after ten weeks looked better.

I am careful with it ( : I aint a kid. I'm headed for sixty... re-breaking it will result in Surgery which I am motivated to avoid. … )
    it hurt and ached for four months -- I have worked hard since the injury to keep it mobile - But this last weekend, I see I do not have normal rotational mobility in the ankle , and - this week - trying to go without a compression stocking for the first time in Five months - my lower leg blew up by about 50% ( so I am back in the 'hose (which is Fine : I am an old guy. I can wear 'em for the rest of my life - No problem. ) )

so. Tom and I adjusted our Shoshone lake plan for this month... I will be Out - either later this month, or in October (too) …
    Just taking it ease-y. . .

in December or November(,) there will be more x-rays --

My goal is RedLodge, March 2nd.
    I can work until then without skiing. ( But If I don't ski in January, ,,, I 'm (gonna) be even more feeble in March. (!) )

January and March are still a (long) way off. …

BigSky was A Good day... and I Am highly motivated to 'see you on the slopes ! !! '

and we will aim for 'ghee and KC March 9 - 10 With your Fam.ily ! !! po_Tate_o, T.s, and Liam ( and GrandMa H. ! ) !!

Thank you, fellas ! You are Good Men ! !

… more to follow. . . tj

Yep, getting old sucks. Will be 63 September 1. Probably one of the oldest here on the forums. ;-) But waddaya do. I know I feel younger than I am, and I attribute that to my wintertime lifestyle. Losing 50lbs didn't hurt either. Hanging with folks less than half my age on the hill has something to do with it too. I expect to still be riding a board when I am 80+.

Counting the days till the snow flies......

Stay positive and we will see you on the hill soon!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Fighting fires in Nevada. Photos to come.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Toxaway lake, ID a couple of weeks ago for my buddies bachelor party camp trip.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1433.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	244939

20181014_132506 (1) by Biglost, on Flickr

Got back from Nevada early this morning. I have been up since 5am yesterday. Had to take the long way home, direct route closed due to, you guessed it, fires.

Driving chase truck for the guy standing on the Soft Track. This was Friday.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Watching and waiting...

What we see.

Cattle, some didn't make it... personnel cut fences to allow escape..
    1a IMG_3966 by Biglost, on Flickr
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 08-28-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

More...

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Pretty intense dude...cool pics.

No kidding. Last one, damn!

It's been a monster fire season with no end in sight. Here's a few of mine.

Name:	IMG_0344.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	245571
    Early season fire assignment to Colorado. Lightning strike hit this big pondo. We got the fire out and it was still standing when we left.

Name:	IMG_1418.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	245572
    Perry fire, West side of Pyramid Lake. Hitting it with the Super Scooper. The water drop just split the head of the fire and it grew right back together.

Name:	IMG_0229.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	320.1 KB 
ID:	245574
    Perry Fire. Our position is no longer defensible, time to leave. Took less than 60 seconds for the fire to make it to where the engine had been and blow over the highway like it wasn't even there.

Name:	IMG_0621.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	528.6 KB 
ID:	245575
    Initial attack on the Perry fire. The small light in the lower right corner is my engine. Gives some scale to the size of it.

Name:	IMG_3941.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	530.1 KB 
ID:	245576
    Winnemucca, NV. Hanging out watching an epic light show.

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	245577
    Salmon Challis NF, Idaho. Sometimes there's not much to do but watch.

Name:	IMG_0543.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	245578
    Pea Vine Mtn, Reno. Lightning storm in July lit up the local area. FOrtunately heavy rains soon followed.

Name:	IMG_2702.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	245579
    These guys punched in some hand line and then fired it off to keep the main fire from pushing down hill. Worked great. Compare the last guy down the line to the flames. Flame heights were easily 30-40 ft.

Name:	IMG_2699.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	245580
    Eastern Nevada.

Name:  IMG_0626.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  76.9 KB
    Moon rising through the smoke on the Perry fire.

Name:	IMG_0100.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	245584
    Eastern Nevada. The fire was pushing hard towards this place and the owner (75 year old lady) wouldn't leave without her babies
    (two horses). Had to get the sheriff involved and promised I would stay as long as possible and open the corral if we had to leave. Wind shifted and everything turned out ok.

I've had three days off in the last 45 days. I can't wait for winter!

^^^^^Damn fine photos.

Thanks for saving the big Ponderosa pine. That shit counts.

More dudes living Intense lives up in here. Like Repo Men or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    It's been a monster fire season with no end in sight. Here's a few of mine.

I've had three days off in the last 45 days. I can't wait for winter!
    I feel for you, can't imagine 45 days, 6 seemed like an eternity. Those are some amazing shots and I can surely relate. Fighting fires isn't for pussies, that's for sure.

To the rest of you, if you have ever had to get in the 'black', you know what I mean.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Pretty intense dude...cool pics.
    Yes, intense is the correct word. Got my FULL attention!!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

On a lighter note, snowing again this morning in the Tetons (lightly).

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Also....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

My daughter and I floated the Snake River yesterday from Conant to Eagle, she guided (rowed) the trip, all I had to do was relax and take photos.

Charlie had a blast...

Lots of eagles, saw a dozen or more....

Look who I found!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge