Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2037
    Gonna throw up some recent photos - post season, the latest from July 3, Gilmore Peak, Freds and Glory, in no particular order.

oh....and a wedding.....

Joe Dirting on Freds

Couple of years apart
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Oh hey....Northern Lights tonight...maybe....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Keep Rocking it !

Greetings from the other side of totality. My wife and I found solitude and incredible beauty in remote Skull Canyon, ID. August 21, 2017 Composite shot....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but that's a total Warhol photo.

Bet the Go-Pro from the dog is pretty funny to watch sometimes.

Still love that view of the Meadow Lake wall. Last time I was there we camped at a dispersed site on the right just before the campground. Nice place to hangout in a hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but that's a total Warhol photo.
    The wife is better looking, and she has better hair. ;-)
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 08-24-2017 at 07:24 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Bet the Go-Pro from the dog is pretty funny to watch sometimes.

Still love that view of the Meadow Lake wall. Last time I was there we camped at a dispersed site on the right just before the campground. Nice place to hangout in a hammock.
    The dog.....sad damn story here...Milo died in a freak accident shortly after we made that trip.... It devastated Tate so bad that he missed a couple of days of work. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say that it was awful. We have not been able to view the footage, the thought brings back painful memories..... perhaps time will ease the pain.

Yeah, Meadow Lake is kinda special, still snow up in the bowl as of Monday.....viewed the Eclipse from not far away.....was awesome. Soaked in Sharkey Sunday evening and spent the night near the Charcoal Kilns.....

....waking Monday to travel a short distance to view event in outstanding surroundings, away from all the crowds with an incredible view....

...it was awesome....I'm not going to post any eclipse shots though.....mine look like everyone else's.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Ugh...so sorry to hear about your trusted companion, Milo. Cherish the memories...

Yes, your wife is MUCH better looking than Warhol and better hair too!

Ugh...so sorry to hear about your trusted companion, Milo. Cherish the memories...

Yes, your wife is MUCH better looking than Warhol and better hair too!
    Ahh...the years are adding on for the both of us. Me 62, she 61. The +25 years in the African sun have aged her more than I, the lily white boy who spent years in the Netherlands without seeing the sun.

I met her the first day I arrived in SA. She fell for me almost instantly. Weird, I know. She told me years later how she broke up with her then boyfriend that day. Yeah, I know, even weirder. Keep in mind I was the first American she had ever met, and... I could understand Afrikaans because I could speak Dutch. I also looked like a backwoods hick from Idaho, cuz that's what I really was. She saw what she wanted, and got it. +35 years later I'm glad she did.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    Ahh...the years are adding on for the both of us. Me 62, she 61. The +25 years in the African sun have aged her more than I, the lily white boy who spent years in the Netherlands without seeing the sun.

I met her the first day I arrived in SA. She fell for me almost instantly. Weird, I know. She told me years later how she broke up with her then boyfriend that day. Yeah, I know, even weirder. Keep in mind I was the first American she had ever met, and... I could understand Afrikaans because I could speak Dutch. I also looked like a backwoods hick from Idaho, cuz that's what I really was. She saw what she wanted, and got it. +35 years later I'm glad she did.
    hey, JB... I Am Glad to see you back at your thread - Thank you...

I know you don't do overt sentimentality... (but) You and K. is one of my favorite love story-s.
    and I don't know a better compliment ( unless it is four good kids And three GrandBabies ( though Liam aint a baby anymore... )

You, Sir, Are The Man !!!

... ride like the wind... !

With great Respect... ! tj

my Condolences - Tate, too - For 'Milo'
    I share your heartbreak --

'Milo's spirit is with you . . . ( Please ) know that ! !!

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    hey, JB... I Am Glad to see you back at your thread - Thank you...

I know you don't do overt sentimentality... (but) You and K. is one of my favorite love story-s.

tj
    36 year anniversary today!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

36 year anniversary today!

... Awesome ! ...

Here 's to the next thirty-six ! !!

Spots. Yesterday.

Going down in flames...
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

It has started.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Tate
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

More from yesterday...

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Tate
    I approve of this message
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I approve of this message
    Thanks! Was a great day. Not a shark to be found...
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

....and ...big thanks are in order for a couple of individuals.... not going to name you, but you know who you are......! THANKYOU!

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

I love the photos.

I love more that you keep posting them. This thread is such a gem.

Wow, glad I stumbled on this thread.

Very sad about the pup and I am sure he is droppin chutes in pup paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    I love the photos.

I love more that you keep posting them. This thread is such a gem.

ditto

tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Gotta story for you if you have a minute. Last Friday night I'm watching the web cams. It's going off on the Pass and Targhee. So....I text Tate two words. 'It's nukin' and he quickly responds. 'Let's go.'....

He is at the house early next morning. I love those early mornings. They are the best when you are doing what you love. Coffee, funny stories, beautiful scenery and we are soon in the parking lot of the Ghee, in a foot of unplowed snow. Bitchin.

We gear up and are soon headed towards familiar country. Breaking trail is rough work for old guys. That's why I don't do it. I let younger companions do that. Most ALL my companions have been younger, so I have little experience in that area. 😁

Anyway....soon we see a telemarker go by on his way down. Didn't see his uphill tracks, but hey, it's a big hill. He's smooth as he dropped knee after knee. Nice. Tate says 'He's old'. I didn't really notice, but thought he was pretty good. Riding big fatties too.

Fast forward an hour. Me high up on the mountain. Tate higher up out of sight. I'm waiting for him to drop in, so I can photograph him coming down. I make my way up a bit more, as I see someone making their way up just below me. After a bit he gets even with me and stops to catch his breath. He has a pole in his left hand. His other pole AND his fat tele-skis over his shoulder. He is indeed old. 80's at least.

Any thoughts of self grandeur, because of my my age (62)....poof. Gone. Instantly. 'Nice day' he says. 'Yes' I say. But in my mind I am floored. Wow. Now this guy is a badass. Damn. I tell him I am waiting for my son to come down so I can take some photos. He nods and heads up. He's 100 feet or so up he calls down to me, 'Here he comes....and he's hauling butt!'

My ego? Slowly, but slowly, reinflating.....
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

But where are the pics of your son coming down? And lucky you to be riding snow in October.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    But where are the pics of your son coming down? And lucky you to be riding snow in October.

Yeah...about those photos... my battery died just then. No shots. Was bummed.

Tate got a short clip...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BahVr1WBVK7/
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge