Page 43 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2037
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

I have been snowboarding the shit out of our little local hill. The conditions have been phenomenal. 17 inches a couple of days ago, and most days have been some form of powder. Deep or not it has been good. Most nights or Saturday morning you will find me there, at least for a few runs.
    Out of focus and darkish, but you get the picture....
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/biglos...n/photostream/

Was with my buddy Dave on Saturday, he switched from carving to soft for the day and then tore his Achilles on left foot. I was +-30 feet behind him in deep pow and down he went. Never did figure out what he hit, and after several tries at standing up I helped him out of his board and he slid the rest of the way down the steep to a cat track where he called 'patrol'.

When you call patrol for a toboggan, and then they find out it is for you.....

He is out for the rest of the season, and also, another bummer is he has this ski/snowboard every month thing going, and is going on +5 years up to this point. He will be sidelined longer than I was with a heart attack! I'd still pick the Achilles thing though.... ;-) Dave was with me that day 5 years ago...good buddy.

It was late Saturday and they ended up taking him to the ER. They had to cut his boot, liner and even his socks off. Shit.

My snowboard finally bit the big one after 10 years of abuse. Tore the edge out last night and looks to be irreparable. No big, I'll just use the split for the rest of the season and buy a new one this spring.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-07-2017 at 06:58 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

LBL shared a video with you from the Flickr app! Check it out:
    https://flic.kr/p/SBsui2
    Me 'n Tate up to KC yesterday.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Just what every sixty-one year old needs. I bought a park board, widened my stance and MURDERED the groomers last night. Sharpen your edges bitches.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-07-2017 at 07:05 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

A pic or two, thought I would share.....

A little Mt. Hood Meadows action from last Tuesday...

Richard Hallman providing quality photo work!

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    A little Mt. Hood Meadows

Richard Hallman providing quality photo work!
    Jong. Love the stoke, but this is lbl's story not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Jong. Love the stoke, but this is lbl's story not yours.
    No big. Gotta admit, they are nice shots!

Anyway....Finally met up with TJ after missing him on his trip last year up to Targhee. We hit Lost Trail Powder Mountain Saturday, or as Cole called it, the Lost Trail Wasted Powder Mountain, as there was acre after acre of lightly touched deep powder from snowfall last week. Hardly touched. Unfortunately on Saturday it was pretty 'manky', as TJ called it. Targhee would have been tracked out in a day.

Tate, Cole and I made the trip up from IF, TJ coming down from the north. Met at the top of 1 and proceeded to hit one lightly groomed run after another. Never did soften up a whole bunch and the afternoon turned cloudy and cool. Flat light is the bane of old man eyes and it was with some skill and much luck that I didn't kill myself trying to keep up with the 'ol boy from Michigan. The man can ski. Bonus - was the conversations with TJ on the lifts. Good times.

It was a good day, When TJ headed North in the afternoon to hit Mission Ridge the next day, we headed home and stopped off at Sharky Hot Springs, Spent an hour there.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 03-12-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Yeah oops. I'll delete. I'll admit I didn't look closely. Thought it was a general picture thread...

The season is winding down, the local hill closed Saturday with combination poor conditions and it didn't help the power was off part of the night/day. So, we are thinking about meeting up with TJ again in two weeks when he makes his way back around. Lost Trail stays open till April 2 and well. why not?

Sharkey Hot Spring Marathon.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

with gratitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Little Big Lost View Post
    No big. Gotta admit, they are nice shots!

Anyway....Finally met up with TJ after missing him on his trip last year up to Targhee. We hit Lost Trail Powder Mountain Saturday, or as Cole called it, the Lost Trail Wasted Powder Mountain, as there was acre after acre of lightly touched deep powder from snowfall last week. Hardly touched. Unfortunately on Saturday it was pretty 'manky', as TJ called it. Targhee would have been tracked out in a day.

Tate, Cole and I made the trip up from IF, TJ coming down from the north. Met at the top of 1 and proceeded to hit one lightly groomed run after another. Never did soften up a whole bunch and the afternoon turned cloudy and cool. Flat light is the bane of old man eyes and it was with some skill and much luck that I didn't kill myself trying to keep up with the 'ol boy from Michigan. The man can ski. Bonus - was the conversations with TJ on the lifts. Good times.

It was a good day, When TJ headed North in the afternoon to hit Mission Ridge the next day, we headed home and stopped off at Sharky Hot Springs, Spent an hour there.

Thank you, LittleBigLost (JB) , Tate , and Cole ...

... what a good day --
    LBL is an inspiration to me :
    there have been days when this thread has been a lifeline - a source of encouragement as I have,,, tried - tired - by a life . . .

Thank you, JB... ! !!

... maybe in two weeks I'll have better legs (maybe I won't have any legs left... )

rolling back toward montana --
    I might hit Schweitzer today...

(( edit.
    rolled by Sandpoint at 5am --
    unfortunately, Turner is Fri - Sunday.

I believe I will hit the Big Mountain tomorrow , and
    Blacktail on Wednesday...

this corner of montana is sacred to me .
    Forty Inches in four days ain't a Utah or Cascade (Baker) number , but
    there is a lot more snow in town than a year ago...
    three Hundred Inches. Some people are saying,

' Best Year evar (ever) '

tomorrow... ))

... " (we) got ( 'stuff' ) to do ! "

ride like The wind ! tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 03-13-2017 at 06:35 PM. Reason: editorial addition

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Thank you, LittleBigLost (JB) , Tate , and Cole ...

... what a good day --
    LBL is an inspiration to me :
    there have been days when this thread has been a lifeline - a source of encouragement as I have,,, tried - tired - by a life . . .

Thank you, JB... ! !!

... maybe in two weeks I'll have better legs (maybe I won't have any legs left... )

rolling back toward montana --
    I might hit Schweitzer today...

... " (we) got ( 'stuff' ) to do ! "

ride like The wind ! tj
    Wow, you have some legs on you, Saturday @ LTPM just wiped me out. Long runs those. Coulda been better, coulda been worse, but this trip was a grand adventure. Never had we been there. and had we known how good this place was, we would have visited years ago. All day $31. No high speed lifts, but can't beat the price. Inbound terrain incredible. We highly recommend.

The early morning way there...

TJ, you enjoy yourself out there, and have a Grand Adventure too!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

TJ - My daughter makes these, one headed your way. It'll be in your mail when you get home....
    Teneile says - Got some stickers made! 4x6" weather-proof die cut vinyl decals - if you're local hit me up! #idaho #browntrout #idahoexplored #idahogram #trout #troutart #flyfishing #buylocal
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Glad to see you guys enjoyed Lost Trail. That place is something else. Chair 4 is relatively new, dating back only to like 2001 or 2. It came from Targhee, and was removed to make way for Dreamcatcher. The area was a lot smaller before that.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Glad to see you guys enjoyed Lost Trail. That place is something else. Chair 4 is relatively new, dating back only to like 2001 or 2. It came from Targhee, and was removed to make way for Dreamcatcher. The area was a lot smaller before that.
    How cool is that!!!! Wow!! I have ridden that lift in both places then. Interesting. The off ramp on the top is quite a doozy. Was not expecting that!
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

This thread is pretty inspiring, I'll admit i've only read first three and last three pages so far(hopefully I can read through all of it at some point, but just don't have enough time today).

How cool is that!!!! Wow!! I have ridden that lift in both places then. Interesting. The off ramp on the top is quite a doozy. Was not expecting that!
    Yeah I have only ridden that lift once when I toured Saddle mtn. 3 or so weeks ago. It was very windy and I was wearing my sunglasses because I was prepared for a good spring corn day so I had my face covered up by my gloves the entire way up. Needless to say I got a very hard & icy surprise at the top when I uncovered my face and tried to deload, the ramp reminds me of Alpental's chair 2 in a lot of ways. Fortunately the weather improved a couple hours later and I was able to get a good lap on Saddle mountain's SE face.

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    This thread is pretty inspiring, I'll admit i've only read first three and last three pages so far(hopefully I can read through all of it at some point, but just don't have enough time today).

Yeah I have only ridden that lift once when I toured Saddle mtn. 3 or so weeks ago. It was very windy and I was wearing my sunglasses because I was prepared for a good spring corn day so I had my face covered up by my gloves the entire way up. Needless to say I got a very hard & icy surprise at the top when I uncovered my face and tried to deload, the ramp reminds me of Alpental's chair 2 in a lot of ways. Fortunately the weather improved a couple hours later and I was able to get a good lap on Saddle mountain's SE face.
    Thanks for reading! I go and have a look back myself. I have to. Sometimes I want to post a photo, and I can't remember if I had already done that. I don't want to be a dumb ass. Hard enough now that I am old and slowly going senile. If I stick to my new photos, well then I know I haven't posted twice. I hope. ;-)

Anyway......new stuff.

The Eagles are back (in town).

Elk.

Critters along the way....snapshots out the window sometimes...

Hoback. These are the lower slopes of Creampuff. Yeah, I know, Trent and I climbed it a few years ago. Awesome peak.
    http://offbeatenpaths.blogspot.com/2...ream-puff.html

Spent the day with Liam at the Pinedale Aquatic Center on Saturday. Had a blast.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-07-2017 at 07:10 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Well, just sat here and watched a bunch of our videos, and looked at a bunch of our photos from this last winter. Now I'm sad.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Well, just sat here and watched a bunch of our videos, and looked at a bunch of our photos from this last winter. Now I'm sad.
    Cured that yesterday....
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-06-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Was pretty good. Had a great time.

Dirk, left, our skier buddy. Even though he can snowboard just fine...

What a day...

Watched Cole silence some hecklers on the lift (far right). They were all mouth, till Cole delivered. Eat it.

I heard the words 'Holy Shit!" from a distance coming from that direction.... was awesome.
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 04-30-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Hit Targhee last Saturday. Was incredible.

Went by myself. Met some great folks on the lift. Especially the two dudes who were kind enough to share..... if you know what I mean. You know who you are. Thanks!

Went up and hiked into Teton Canyon on Sunday. Turner and Alyssa are getting married up there in June and we went in to inspect wedding venue. Still had a foot of snow at location.

The view....

Last edited by Little Big Lost; 05-06-2017 at 08:47 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

These guys....last Saturday...

Last edited by Little Big Lost; 04-30-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

A pic or two, thought I would share.....

Summit County Springtime Fun

Very inspiring

Thanks for sharing all your pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr snow View Post
    Thanks for sharing all your pictures!
    Thanks! Went back and re read some of the thread....mostly to make sure I don't re-post stuff...and to fix a few things....I deleted some of my photos on Flickr on accident and cut some of the links.......shit. Still working on that.

Anyway...been up to see the eagles...my 5th year of observations. Pretty cool.

Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge

Been busy. Doing shit like this. Yesterday. July 2, 2017. Me n' TaTE. Chute from top to bottom, to right of of high pointy.......... Gilmore Peak is far left.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4004/3...082fca38_o.jpg
    Last edited by Little Big Lost; 07-03-2017 at 11:11 PM.
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

-Mike Rogge