Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lochsa Falls carnage video

From Memorial Day...not my video.

Similar flows this weekend led to more carnage, including a friend who dislocated her shoulder here, self rescued to shore, and reduced it herself, all within a very short amount of time...like 45 seconds. It was burly.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Wow, looks like I made a mistake by staying in Southern Idaho, that weekend.

Sick, sick, sick!
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

Looks like fun

Halfway in the video a cataraft nearly completes a full loop. Soooooo close!

Thanks Root, great video link.

Probably around 18 + years ago when the Lochsa was running high like in that video, I stood at that spot and scouted. My friends pointed out a totally clean sneak down the river left, right against the bank.

I was in my 2nd year of paddling and declared, "sneak! thats for women and wimps, down the middle is the run".

I got back in my boat, peeled out and then I went over the horizon line and looked up, way up at that wave. My last thought was "I think I may have made a mistake". When I rolled up at the bottom, my glasses were broken and I had swallowed about 1 cf of fine Idaho water. After that I began to examine sneaks with a much more critical eye.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    I got back in my sporty little 11'7" Dancer...
    Fixed it for ya.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Hypalon carnage is always the best. Like watching a slow motion train wreck, so many moving parts, so much gear to collect...
    "I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary." -Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Fixed it for ya.

Yeah well, considering what boats were available back in the dark ages, ( a few Prion designs, a very few Dagger designs and 2 choices from Wavesport, the Excel & the Lazer) that Dancer was pretty sporty. I wonder if it is still gathering dust at Bonnies house?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Could be the Whitewater post of the summer, F'n hilarious.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Yeah well, considering what boats were available back in the dark ages, ( a few Prion designs, a very few Dagger designs and 2 choices from Wavesport, the Excel & the Lazer) that Dancer was pretty sporty. I wonder if it is still gathering dust at Bonnies house?
    Don't kid yourself pal, the Wavesport boats were still a couple years out. Nash's green Hydra was the only other plastic boat on the gallatin... And no, she gave it away some years back...that cracked seam on the back of the cockpit rim never took a good repair...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Not quite, Jake was paddling his Invader then.

Awesome video, love the crowd's reactions. Nice surf action by the kayaker out of the eddy.

Fuck me,that video was gold. Blow-up dolls,yardsales,creature crafts,Cat's almost doin front-flips,surfing,rafts droppin in on each other,audience participation---Gold,i tell ya.
    So local it hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by HotCarl View Post
    Fuck me,that video was gold. Blow-up dolls,yardsales,creature crafts,Cat's almost doin front-flips,surfing,rafts droppin in on each other,audience participation---Gold,i tell ya.
    I have to agree with HotCarl Pure Gold

Thanks Root! Lochsa, Selway, Middle Fork, et al. are what I miss most about moving from Idaho. God how I love good carnage. So much so, I spent a good deal of the afternoon today watching carnage video on the youtube.

am heading down to da lochsa this weekend, i think. raft-style. any possibility i'd find change for a nickel?
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

This video is awesome.

! work,wife,kids=really dusty boat I got goosebumps watching the carnage,so damm nice today. No one to blame but mice elf again.

13,000 and rising...should be a good junkshow this weekend.

epicly awesome

eyelids forced insideout JOY

That video kicks ass, can't wait to see the new video from this weekend.

It poured on Saturday night and got big on Sunday. The video should be highly entertaining.

that was awesome. pics to follow (sadly none of from the actual boat... there would be no way to stop the raft for pics!) saw some footage sunday night of earlier that same day at the bar upstairs at that three rivers motel/campground place a bit down the river. they were filming at the lochsa falls all day long.... it was cool to see footage of how i got tossed from the raft!! somebody said the reading was around 17-18k cfs. worth the drive down, for sure.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Oh shit...here is this year's...