Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Scooters?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I think there's some confusion on the term "scooters".
    Should be in the "annoying" thread, but it's annoying there are two very different wheeled conveyances called "scooters."

It’s almost like whoever created the English language doesn’t care words mean different things.

So .... the solution is more confusion!!!
    I knew I could count on you guys and gals!

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    ebikes are too slow. I like the legal grey area of escooters plus they go faster.

Potholes + 50 mph small wheeled scooter (SWS) = disaster. At least with a Vespa you can handle most of the shitty roads out there.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I think we've established that it's capable of traveling at lower speeds.

If I liked going slow I would be a telemarker.

I remember women riding a scooter sedately on the bike lanes in Barcelowna wearing heels and a skirt, she probably rode the subway into town and used the scooter on a major bike lane and then takes it in the office so that is > walking and handy for storage

A scooter or class 1 pedal assist e-bike without a throttle do not need license or registration, every thing else the cops could hassle you which happened to people who bought those E scooters in Vangroovy where a cop was writing 600$ worth of tickets for no licence/ insurance/ helmet/ vehical reg even tho the scooters had pedals they were uselesss for pedaling, the scoot had a throttle, no registration so no way to insure ... many problems if johnny law decides to roust you
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I remember women riding a scooter sedately on the bike lanes in Barcelowna wearing heels and a skirt, she probably rode the subway into town and used the scooter on a major bike lane and then takes it in the office so that is > walking and handy for storage

A scooter or class 1 pedal assist e-bike without a throttle do not need license or registration, every thing else the cops could hassle you which happened to people who bought those E scooters in Vangroovy where a cop was writing 600$ worth of tickets for no licence/ insurance/ helmet/ vehical reg even tho the scooters had pedals they were uselesss for pedaling, the scoot had a throttle, no registration so no way to insure ... many problems if johnny law decides to roust you
    Crosspost under Cops doing Goodly?

That's Canada, this place is different, they prioritize wheeled travel over pedestrians.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Fuck Gulf Breeze, unless they're giving away free motorized carts with full free maintenance for the life of the user to all pedestrians.

Seriously, pedestrians do NOT have the right of way?!?!?!?
    THIS
    SHALL
    NOT
    PASS!!!!!

Imma take this up with all the SCOTUS geezers.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Crosspost under Cops doing Goodly?
    well buddy law writes a bunch of tickets and then it up to the good citizen ( some nerd who bought this scooter thing) to dispute, it was actualy 637$ as I remember , so do you really wana fuck with the legailty of something which is pretty obviously illegal ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Add one of these systems to a beat up old mtb with disc mounts and semi slick burly dh tires. The uglier the better so you can lock it most anywhere and not have it stolen. The system pops on and off in seconds. Small enough and 7lbs is ez to carry with you. Get enough extra charge to cover 20km with 1/2 hr charge if need be

https://www.skarper.com/technologyName:  Screenshot_20220701-082613_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg
Views: 141
Size:  60.0 KBName:  Screenshot_20220701-082557_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg
Views: 145
Size:  37.7 KB

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app