Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Say a Little Prayer for my Friend

He is a good guy. He has had his ups and downs and battled addictions I cannot even comprehend...and won. We all have our demons but his monkey has always been more of a silverback gorilla since I've known him, way back in high school. He has always loved a good time--he's the friend that you'd laugh about how fucked up he was at a given party. But he always was always able to fight back and get free and carry on.

He doesn't have many close friends anymore because he has sort of faded in and out of contact with those that love him, even those who live in the same town and neighborhood. Most of our closest friends haven't seen him in years because he renounced his cell phone and people he knew. Myself, living in the next state, well, I haven't seen him in 3 or 4 years.

Today I got a call telling me that he was just diagnosed with cancer and has some very tough odds stacked against him. But like my other friend, Joe stated, "if he can beat heroin, he can beat cancer."

So please say a little prayer for him--you don't need to know his name, just know he's a good guy with a good heart who's very much alone right now. Thanks on behalf of him, myself and his friends including Adolf Allerbush here.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

A beer fortress in the kingdom of cheese...
    My agnostic "prayers" have been added to the cosmos... vibes!!!
    If some of the best times of my life were skiing the UP in -40 wind chill with nothing but jeans, cotton long johns and a wine flask to keep warm while sleeping in the back of my dad's van... does that make me old school?

"REHAB SAVAGE, REHAB!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    He is a good guy. He has had his ups and downs and battled addictions I cannot even comprehend...and won. We all have our demons but his monkey has always been more of a silverback gorilla since I've known him, way back in high school. He has always loved a good time--he's the friend that you'd laugh about how fucked up he was at a given party. But he always was always able to fight back and get free and carry on.

He doesn't have many close friends anymore because he has sort of faded in and out of contact with those that love him, even those who live in the same town and neighborhood. Most of our closest friends haven't seen him in years because he renounced his cell phone and people he knew. Myself, living in the next state, well, I haven't seen him in 3 or 4 years.

Today I got a call telling me that he was just diagnosed with cancer and has some very tough odds stacked against him. But like my other friend, Joe stated, "if he can beat heroin, he can beat cancer."

So please say a little prayer for him--you don't need to know his name, just know he's a good guy with a good heart who's very much alone right now. Thanks on behalf of him, myself and his friends including Adolf Allerbush here.
    I echo these sentiments about our friend. He's a good guy who hit it hard for several years and has had a tough go of it because of it. Recently he's made it over the hump after a tough battle through several addictions. Now getting cancer is a slap in the face but I’m hopeful he can overcome this as well. Nevertheless this is tough to hear. He's been one of my best friends for years...although as the Rev said he falls in and out of contact. His heart has always been in the right place. Anyhow, say a prayer for him. He's gonna need it.
    Last edited by Adolf Allerbush; 05-28-2008 at 05:37 PM.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Not that it matters in the least, but is his cancer related to his addictions?, i.e. lung, liver

Again, just curiousity. I wish your friend all the luck in the world. Cancer is a dirty whore regardless of time, location, or reason.

+++++

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Not that it matters in the least, but is his cancer related to his addictions?, i.e. lung, liver

Again, just curiousity. I wish your friend all the luck in the world. Cancer is a dirty whore regardless of time, location, or reason.

+++++
    Not sure man. He's got thyroid cancer and it's quite aggressive. I'm sure his addictions did not help any but I couldn't say for certain if the cancer is a direct result.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Not sure man. He's got thyroid cancer and it's quite aggressive. I'm sure his addictions did not help any but I couldn't say for certain if the cancer is a direct result.
    Very rough. My father had aggresive thyroid cancer 25 years ago and is ticking strong today. Best wishes +++++

Best wishes. A friend is a friend. Always.

The "fuck cancer" thread, which I believe you started, comes to mind.

My many thoughts to your friend. Try and be there for him as much as you can, I know firsthand how much those bridges to friendship matter to someone battling such odds.

It has been said a million times here. FUCK CANCER!!! And, to paraphrase Tim, my agnostic "prayers" are with him and you guys. +++vibes+++++
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

You said it best, if he can beat H he's equipped to fight C.
    Support him face to face, all the prayers in the world can't beat your mug up in his grill as much as possible encouraging him.

Be strong rev's friend, be strong!

best of luck man. +++++

sending good thoughts...pass 'em on...
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Fuck cancer. Fuck it up the ass
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    My many thoughts to your friend. Try and be there for him as much as you can, I know firsthand how much those bridges to friendship matter to someone battling such odds.
    Those bridges matter so much to anyone in a dire circumstance...

Good for you being there for him, hope all his friends rally and he gets a chance to see he is not so alone. And my thoughts are with him...

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

I hate cancer, more now than I ever have. I hope your friend makes it through the tough times ahead.

I wasn't going to mention this for a while, but seems fitting to ask for a little prayer as well for my older sister who we found out has a cancerous tumor on her kidney. They will remove it and we'll know if it's spread or not.

Many prayers or "vibes" or whatever you want to call them for these people w/ cancer. So unlucky.
    you sketchy character, you

I don't pray but, vibes.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post

Jeff passed away last night after finally relinquishing the battle. From what I heard, his last month was not a comfortable one and it was time to let nature run its course. I love you Jeff and I'm sorry.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Fuck! Vibes to his family, you and the rest of his family. Cancer sucks!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Cancer sucks

sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry Rev and Adolf and all who knew him.

So very sorry.

“Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Sorry to hear that Rev... vibes to all.

Vibes Rev.

~RIP~
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

So sorry to hear about your loss Rev.....damn, thyroid carcinoma is usually not that aggressive, that is unless it's anaplastic.

Rest in Peace, Jeff. Hopefully you are riding endless powder fields where your tracks are the only ones and free refills.

May Jeff have no more monkeys, gorillas and demons where he has gone.

All the best vibes and prayers to your friend and yourself. It's hard to watch what cancer can do to somebody before it gets em. Hopefully that's not the case here.