Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by loJack View Post
    I gues you have never been to Les Schwab in Hailey,ID.
    Seriously. Jock don't fuck around.

And BB--I'd trust Schwaab over most truck shops with my lift. They use the same brands and probably have 10 times the experience in a given shop with all the volume they do. On top of this, they back up their shit like nobody's business. If they fuck up, they make it better and have the cash and resources to do so. You're not going to have to haggle it out with some dude that owns an individual shop telling you it's your fault. Personally I use Schwaab whenever possible simply because of their service.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Phish - Save your money. Go ski in south america this summer
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Skier View Post
    Riight, good point. So the cab and bed are on rubber isolators. My bad. The point I was trying to make is that I've seen bad body lifts done and punch right through the floorboards. Last week my friends cab had a nice rearward lean to it because all of the body lift pucks on the back of the cab punched through the floor and it was hinging on the front body mounts. Made for some exciting noises driving down the road...
    if the floorboards are rusted out all bets are off
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    The shop I go to built a truck that ran in Baja. His personal truck was used as the chase vehicle.
    well he obviously needed that vehicle for THAT application but people in business tend to be too busy ... doing business to fuck with things that break.

serious lifts/most every modification usually compromises real world driveability for all the reasons PNW skier just outlined SO are you going to/do you really need to move cargo somewhere on a reallly rough washed out trail where you need that lift kit or is it just a bigger dick ?

Leveling kits = trouble

As its been said before, they usually significantly change your front suspension geometry and can lead to fast wearing of key parts. Depending upon the method of the level, they can also reduce front suspension travel, and if sized incorrectly you will have problems with rubbing and knocking at the extension and compression travel limits.

I run a 2007 Ford F-150 Ext. Cab 4x4, and a 2007 Nissan Titan CC 4x4. I've kept the suspension stock on both and just upped the tire size to the max that will fit in the wheel wells without rubbing. The F-150 is my work truck and is ridden hard. It has a hard mounted winch on the front that lowers the front a little more than stock. I crawl that thing all over rocks on ex/dev mining projects here in NM and have only hit the frame once.

Lifts don't do much unless your into very heavy rock crawling. Intelligent driving is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoMatt View Post
    Leveling kits = trouble

As its been said before, they usually significantly change your front suspension geometry and can lead to fast wearing of key parts. Depending upon the method of the level, they can also reduce front suspension travel, and if sized incorrectly you will have problems with rubbing and knocking at the extension and compression travel limits.

I run a 2007 Ford F-150 Ext. Cab 4x4, and a 2007 Nissan Titan CC 4x4. I've kept the suspension stock on both and just upped the tire size to the max that will fit in the wheel wells without rubbing. The F-150 is my work truck and is ridden hard. It has a hard mounted winch on the front that lowers the front a little more than stock. I crawl that thing all over rocks on ex/dev mining projects here in NM and have only hit the frame once.

Lifts don't do much unless your into very heavy rock crawling. Intelligent driving is the key.

Intelligent driving is certainly key. Just a quick visual inspection of the front wheel wells on my truck makes it seem like you couldn't put any bigger tire in there at all and the rear of the truck is so much higher up that it almost looks stupid, thus the desire to level it.

Again what model truck do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post
    Intelligent driving is certainly key. Just a quick visual inspection of the front wheel wells on my truck makes it seem like you couldn't put any bigger tire in there at all and the rear of the truck is so much higher up that it almost looks stupid, thus the desire to level it.
    Is that cuz trucks are designed to have stuff in the bed?
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

^^^ what he said. I always end up trying to beef up the rear end because I'm always hauling shit (bikes, gear, trailer etc).

JUST DRIVE IT PHISH! Go to SA and don't fucking worry bout it!

A can of worms IMO. Just watch your tire placement. Get some diff covers, remove the air dam, upgrade the tires, call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    A can of worms IMO. Just watch your tire placement. Get some diff covers, remove the air dam, upgrade the tires, call it good.
    We have a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    Is that cuz trucks are designed to have stuff in the bed?
    blasphemy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mr_gyptian View Post
    These manufacturers put zillions of dollars toward engineering the optimum construction of these vehicles.
    I have nothing to add to this thread other than;

Chevy
    Engineering
    Optimum

those are 3 words Id never associate with one another

that is all

can i add three words?

mom
    dad
    money