Room for rent in Tahoe area for next season?

Looking to move in August or September. A 9mo lease would be perfect, but will entertain 12mo if the price is right. Non-tobacco smoker and I will probably have a dog.

Want to be somewhat close to the lifts. Not sure if I want to be on the North or South shore yet though.

Anyone?

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post
    Non-tobacco smoker and I will probably have a dog.
    You forgot to add *COLLEGE GRADUATE*

I'll keep my eyes open dude.

if you want to live in truckee i can email my people. lots of rooms there where you wont have to be on a lease at all. its easy enough to show up in town and find something once you get there, motels are cheep in KB for a week or so while you lock down a room.

Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by basom View Post
    if you want to live in truckee i can email my people. lots of rooms there where you wont have to be on a lease at all. its easy enough to show up in town and find something once you get there, motels are cheep in KB.
    Yeah, no lease would rule.

I am getting in on a house here that is also no-lease and uber cheap, so I will have basically a storage closet/sleeping cave for when I visit here.

So many various things happening that I don't want to be tied into a lease. In talks right now for a possible Freeskier internship that would keep me here in Boulder. Otherwise I am gonna try and hyper-bum, compete (if my ankle can handle it), and travel a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post
    Looking to move in August or September. A 9mo lease would be perfect, but will entertain 12mo if the price is right. Non-tobacco smoker and I will probably have a dog.

Want to be somewhat close to the lifts. Not sure if I want to be on the North or South shore yet though.

Anyone?
    South shore. North shore sucks.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    South shore. North shore sucks.
    Are Kirkwood season passes hard to get? Or is it like CO and you pretty much work anywhere within 20 minutes of the lifts and you get a free pass?

not to hijack, but i'm kinda in the same boat. Will graduate in december and am planning on skiing squaw for the rest of the season because I can pick up the 300 dollar college season pass while I am still enrolled. Anywhere close to squaw would be awesome, mid january/febuary through end of april would be my preferred timeframe. I'm clean, no smoking, no pets and simply want to ski all day everyday.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

hey phish, you get that MRI yet?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    not to hijack, but i'm kinda in the same boat. Will graduate in december and am planning on skiing squaw for the rest of the season because I can pick up the 300 dollar college season pass while I am still enrolled. Anywhere close to squaw would be awesome, mid january/febuary through end of april would be my preferred timeframe. I'm clean, no smoking, no pets and simply want to ski all day everyday.

My student ID for CU is good till 2011 I am pretty sure. Says nothing about when I graduated or anything. Do they check super hard or do you just show your ID at the pass office? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    hey phish, you get that MRI yet?

Yeah. Inconclusive really. I am walking with a cane now. Still hurts a bunch but I started PT today and my range of motion is starting to come back a bit. Still can't walk at all without wearing the boot though.

AlpineJunkie Guest
    Wait a minute, you're telling me that all I gotta do to save $1500 is pay someone with a PVC printer $30 to print me out a completely unverifiable college id from one of the thousands of colleges out there or even my own made up bullshit one? Why the hell does not everyone do this?

Rooster Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineJunkie View Post
    Wait a minute, you're telling me that all I gotta do to save $1500 is pay someone with a PVC printer $30 to print me out a completely unverifiable college id from one of the thousands of colleges out there or even my own made up bullshit one? Why the hell does not everyone do this?
    No, not you. We'll report you to the appropriate authorities.

AlpineJunkie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    No, not you. We'll report you to the appropriate authorities.
    Why? You afraid they'll be a new best skier on the mountain?

Some Mags were talking about a room in Tahoe in this thread.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29815

I don't know how it is out there, but in vt all the resorts require you to go to the registrar before you pick up your pass and get a notarized document saying you are enrolled as a full time student. This is of course in addition to your student ID.

I have seen talk on here before about people trying to get college passes without actually being enrolled, not sure how successful they have been. I guess if you are alright with photo chop you could throw something together to get the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by andyC View Post
    I don't know how it is out there, but in vt all the resorts require you to go to the registrar before you pick up your pass and get a notarized document saying you are enrolled as a full time student. This is of course in addition to your student ID.

I have seen talk on here before about people trying to get college passes without actually being enrolled, not sure how successful they have been. I guess if you are alright with photo chop you could throw something together to get the deal.

I don't know. I really would rather be legit. 1500 isn't a big deal if you ski like 100+ days. I am just spoiled by Colorado's stupid cheap season passes.

I'm planning on saving enough money this summer and fall to not work during the three months i'm skiing, and seeing as I'm planning on only doing one season in Tahoe, I want it to be at squaw. Personally, I'm not looking to do anything but ski, i'll probably wind up giving up drinking to save money and be more on my game while skiing.

Since i'm planning on doing nothing but skiing, I'm not really looking for anything but a place to cook and a place to sleep, so if anyone is up for sharing a room, or knows where I can find a closet for rent for 3 months, let me know. If it helps, I can provide free housing in park city for whenever SLC gets nuked by some massive storm.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Rooster Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineJunkie View Post
    Why? You afraid they'll be a new best skier on the mountain?

I'm actually looking for a non-seasonal place in South Lake right now. My credit is good and I'm not afraid to sign the lease. If anyone knows a good place for rent, or is looking for a room themselves, let me know.

Nevada side preferred, but will consider any good deal. Yes, I'm already trolling Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Spats View Post
    Nevada side preferred
    Should go without saying!