Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    Sounds like a whole lot of dumb people all around.
    Boy, now there's something I say a lot these days.

Whats truly unbelievable is that the chinese place couldn't turn off the alarm on their own.
    Pretty sure there is a fine for that...

Another example, although slightly less ridiculous. I'm making diner last night with my girlfriend, and I hear someone downstairs asking "Allen, are you all right? Do you need help?" I figure it is just the neighboors bringing in the groceries.

A couple minutes later I hear the fire department leave the station down the street, sirens screaming. I don;t think anything of it until I turn around and see the truck parked right outside, and a couple of the guys grabbing crowbars and axes. My first thought is "Oh shit, do I need to go?"

Turns out the older guy who lives downstairs collapsed or something, and was home alone. Someone heard it, and called the FD. After they broke the door down, the ambulance was called. At this point there was 1 fire truck and 3 or 4 police cruisers.

The fucking kids from the apartment complex all swarmed in as soon as the truck showed up. I live on the 3rd floor, the action was on the 2nd. To get in you walk up 1/2 a flight of stairs. So now there are 3 firefighters and at least the same number of cops trying to bust down the door to help this guy, and there are 5 kids in the way. The ditched there bikes in front of the main stairs, and they are either standing on the porch or inside on the landing in front of the apartment. WTF?

The ambulance shows up, and then the kids figure out that they should at least move the bikes. But they don't leave, they toss a ball around on the porch! At the same time, a couple of other college students show up to get some furniture from another apartment. I'm upstairs, wondering if I should tell these kids to fuck off and get out of the way, when I see two dudes carry a couch outside. 10 seconds later, out comes paramedics with a guy on a stretcher. They couldn't wait to move the furniture?

I'm 22 and in college. I'm curious, but I know better then to get in their way when they are trying to save a life. This group of kids really gets on my nerves, as they are always riding their bikes in between the cars. We even watched one of them grind off our median strip into a relatively new Mazda.

Respect is a simple concept, but nobody teaches it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    That Dad is a serious fuckwad! If my kid did that he would be in HUGE trouble. I wouldn't need to spank ,instead, I'd have him making apologies in letters delivered in person to the restaurant owners and fire department as well as "volunteering" his time at both locations in order to redeem himself from his own stupidity.
    Now THAT is a great solution! A no nonsense way to make people responsible for the consequences of their actions.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

at least 1/2 of the people you see with kids should have been neutered somewhere along the line.

Douche bag dad is no prize but that doesn't mean that he's responsible for the lost business. His kid pulled the alarm, she should have been scolded and the alarm should have been turned off.
    I agree that they should have been able to shut the alarm off, but im thinking that they just didnt know how. Theyve only been in this location for about a year, and im pretty sure this is the first time its happened.

An honest question here, if the dad wasnt responsible for his daughter pulling the alarm, and causing an incident which lost them some business, what then was he responsible for? (as ive agreed with you above, part of the fault lies with them not knowing how to turn off the alarm....perhaps this was a learning experience for the restaurant and therefore they can avoid similar things in the future)

Im working under a simple thought that much like the captain of a ship, or a commander of a platoon, the parents are responsible for the conduct and actions of their kids, especially when they are in direct supervision of them....

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Respect is a simple concept, but nobody teaches it anymore.
    much like common sense not being so common anymore

really, with respect though, something has changed where people demand respect regardless and dont seem to understand it being something that must be earned.

and while we're all up in our ivory tower, another friend of mine and I were discussing this, and he, like I, tried very hard to be a considerate individual in everything he does, and he commented to me that, "[he] was thinking how much harder it is to go through life as a considerate human being than an inconsiderate one. we worry about this stuff and would sooner make our own lives tougher in order not to inconvenience anyone else."

where has this concept gone as well?

oh well

That Dad is a serious fuckwad! If my kid did that he would be in HUGE trouble. I wouldn't need to spank ,instead, I'd have him making apologies in letters delivered in person to the restaurant owners and fire department as well as "volunteering" his time at both locations in order to redeem himself from his own stupidity.
    The little girl is three. Apologies to the owner, the other patrons and the firemen would seem to be sufficient, with maybe some baked goods at a later date to the firehouse.

The little girl needs to understand she made a mistake, but you don't need to sell her into indentured servitude for her unruly behavior.
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

I'm just curious what you ordered?

lunch time in 15 minutes and I am hungry.

im guessing she was closer to 4-5, and that the other 2, were probably twins, and about 3 yo

I ordered some tuna sushi and an order of extra spicy yu shang tofu

fuck that- make her wash dishes there for a week...
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Here's a candidate for mother of the year:

Lesson learned, order pizza.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Did you say anything to them?

I would have been insulting and berating the entire family.

Someone needs to say something or else they'll never learn.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant_Scrotum View Post

fuckin wow
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Did you say anything to them?

I would have been insulting and berating the entire family.

Someone needs to say something or else they'll never learn.
    Parents hate to be told what they should be doing by childless parenting experts.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

as well as "volunteering" his time at both locations in order to redeem himself from his own stupidity.
    Gee, I'm sure the restaurant owners and fire department would just love babysitting your kid for free!

Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post
    I agree that they should have been able to shut the alarm off, but im thinking that they just didnt know how. Theyve only been in this location for about a year, and im pretty sure this is the first time its happened.

An honest question here, if the dad wasnt responsible for his daughter pulling the alarm, and causing an incident which lost them some business, what then was he responsible for? (as ive agreed with you above, part of the fault lies with them not knowing how to turn off the alarm....perhaps this was a learning experience for the restaurant and therefore they can avoid similar things in the future)

Im working under a simple thought that much like the captain of a ship, or a commander of a platoon, the parents are responsible for the conduct and actions of their kids, especially when they are in direct supervision of them....

Oh he is def. responsible for his daughters actions and should be held responsible. But paying the place for lost business because they can't turn off the alarm or they dont have some sort of safeguard to protect from a kid pulling it seems a bit unreasonable.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Gee, I'm sure the restaurant owners and fire department would just love babysitting your kid for free!
    Not like that at all! Being responsible for my kid I'd obviously have to be there to supervise. Yes it would take up some of my personal time but I think its time well spent. There is no reason why my kid can't spend a few hours picking some weeds at the firehouse or running the carpet sweeper at the restaurant. More than likely a hand delivered letter of apology would be all that is needed (especially at such a young age) but I would feel obligated to have my child make some sort of reparations in the form of a helping hand at these locations. NOT INDENTURED SERVITUDE. Just some little kid "chores".

There are douchebag parents of all types. The over indulgent, everyone's a winner, my kids can do no wrong type are much preferred to the fuckwads at the other end of the parenting spectrum. So at least the little girl had that going for her.

That's hard to watch. I do take my son to restaurants, and we try hard to discuss what is appropriate in that environment in advance - staying at the table, no shouting, not playing with food, etc.

I doubt I would have spanked him in that situation (it being a public place), though I would have grabbed him by the arm, expressed my displeasure in no uncertain terms, and required him to apologize.

It is harder to control your kids in restaurants when you don't engage with them - it sounds like, in a party of 10-12, the adults were probably talking to each other, not talking with the kids.

Liberal Genius Guest
    Dear diary.

I left the house and witnessed the real world.

-the end

Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post
    much like common sense not being so common anymore

really, with respect though, something has changed where people demand respect regardless and dont seem to understand it being something that must be earned.
    you've got that wrong. trust is something you earn, respect is something you lose, it should be given by default.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Couldn't agree more man, sports in particular is where you see alot of this BS. I'm only 26 but in my day if you lost you fucking knew it, there was a giant light up score board in left field that told you what you already knew.

That you were real shitty at Baseball..............big fucking deal, I didn't die, I didn't need Prozac I just picked up Hockey which I liked better and was much better at. But I definitley needed to learn that you I wasn't fucking Babe Ruth.

My brother is part of this generation, he normally marches in his high school's marching band. Dumb ass fell 20 feet out of a tree and broke his leg, kid can't march right? Wrong, school tells him they will add a pit to the marching band if he wants because every kind deserves a chance to participate. WTF?
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Quote Originally Posted by Giant_Scrotum View Post

I was at my daughter's softball game over the weekend and one of her team mate's moms was about 10 mos pregnant and wallowed over to the parking lot every 10 minutes for a smoke. I had to do a double-take because I didn't think people did that anymore.

Crazy thing is, her daughter is our pitcher and is a superb athlete. So maybe there's something to be said for poisoning your fetus with tobacco?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaBC View Post
    My brother is part of this generation, he normally marches in his high school's marching band. Dumb ass fell 20 feet out of a tree and broke his leg, kid can't march right? Wrong, school tells him they will add a pit to the marching band if he wants because every kind deserves a chance to participate. WTF?
    Wow

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?