%$#@ Salomon...not wisco (TR)

Sorry, these shitty bindings that shouldn't have come off... low and behold came off and clocked me in the face. Consequently I have broken my nose for the third time (different bone sorta) and have pretty stitches the chicks love to look at. Anyhow Tyrol basin (Mt. Horeb WI) put together an impressive park with 8 or so tech rails and a 40ft kicker. Yes, it was park skiing, but its also June in Wisconsin, pretty cool. I arrived in the parking lot tired and $5 poorer, amazed to see a 2/3 acre park with a huge jump by midwestern standards. I plunked down my $40 for 6hrs of hiking this anomaly of nature, but 2 rails, 2 speedchecks and a botched rodeo later there I sat, blood gushing from my nose/lip. Still, it was pretty damn impressive, havent been there in 2yrs since moving to CO but this park seemed to blow away there winter park. I do miss my looks, I made the mistake of bringing my old twins with sali 810s, those things pop off if you look at them funny. Sorry, my thoughts werent very organized, its my first TR, but it is june and there havent been as many TR's recently.

Sorry about yer face, but I can't help wondering, how did they have snow for the park?

I'd probably pop you off if you looked at me funny too.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    I had a pre-release on my Salomon 912s this season. I was skiing a little chute under a chair at June mountain and did a hop turn right out of the bindings I was very lucky to land on one ski with out falling and to have the ski spin itself right into the snow vertically. Sorry to hear about your nose. Recheck the adjustments on the toe piece, they may loosen over time. I haven't had pre-release problems with my other bindings (Marker titanium 1200s - I know others complain about Markers, but I've had no problems with these. Also, no problems with Look TX7s or ZRSs). Hope that you heal well and soon.

If you're doing rodeos and/or weigh over 140 pounds, you probably shouldn't be on 810's anyhow...
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Originally posted by BakerBoy
    If you're doing rodeos and/or weigh over 140 pounds, you probably shouldn't be on 810's anyhow...
    Very True. The S810 was never intended as anything other than an intermediate and light skier binding. Release problems with salomon spheric bindings (drivers) are most often related to the toe height, wing and forward pressure adjustments not being made correctly.

1.) open toe wings fully
    2.) set fwd pressure at heel
    3.) adjust toe height (.5mm )
    4.) close wings until they just contact boot toe
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

I'm still curious where they got the snow.

Originally posted by iceman
    I'm still curious where they got the snow.
    Zamboni scrapings from all the hockey rinks, eh?
    The older I get, the better I was.

Toe height and all that was adjusted fine, I usually jib with looks but I dont hit rails with those. I have another pair of twins but they are unmounted since I will put nothing less than looks or sali equipes on them. I knew that Id pre-release a few times but I didnt count on them hitting me in the face!

If the link to Tyrol didnt help, they just pool all their excess snow into the middle of the half pipe and cover it with tarps until june.

Originally posted by AntiSoCalSkier
    GGIYF
    Goo-Gull?