Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: 2002 Tacoma TRD

2002 Tacoma TRD in Boulder, CO
    ~95,000 miles

So, here is my dilema. I want to sell this thing quick (since I have no money or job right now....just graduated) and don't have the money to pay someone else to detail it. I worked in the carwash business for years and would detail it myself, but thats kinda hard with a broken leg.

The check engine light has been on since last winter. I did all the tests I could do, and I am guessing either the ECU needs to be replaced (worse case scenario) or the thermostat is stuck open (the light first came on last winter when I started it up at 6am in -13 degrees F). I had the code run at a Checker and it was just a generic code saying "ECU something or other". Otherwise, it runs like a fucking dream and I have always done regular maintenance on it.

Its seen about 45k of its mileage above 8,500 feet in the winter and various off-road summer ski access trails in CO, so its got its fair share of dents and scratches.

Bottom line: Its a skiers truck. I will throw in the topper (which locks) if you want it, but it too is dented and scratched. Kelly Blue Book gave me a private party estimate in "good" condition at $10,400.

How about SOLD

I would like to see this go to an established maggot in need of a solid ski truck. I wish I could clean/fix it up first, but thats just not in the cards right now.

More pics available later.

I will also entertain partial trades for a Cab-over camper that will fit a Chevy 1500 w/ 6.5' bed and/or a working and in good condition ski boat.
    Last edited by MOHSHSIHd; 06-13-2008 at 05:13 PM.

So waterskiing with a broken leg is easier than detailing a truck?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

How do recent college grads with no job get to sell a 2002 Taco and acquire a new full sized rig while I'm still driving a 94 Ranger. I'm doing something wrong.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    How do recent college grads with no job get to sell a 2002 Taco and acquire a new full sized rig while I'm still driving a 94 Ranger. I'm doing something wrong.
    Mommy and daddy of course....

Is that $9800 shipped?

Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post

Bottom line: Its a skiers truck. I will throw in the topper (which locks) if you want it, but it too is dented and scratched. Kelly Blue Book gave me a private party estimate in "good" condition at $10,400.

How about $9,800 obo?
    Except that its actually Fair condition and no where near Good condition.
    Private party Fair is more like $9200

Hard to get even that with a check engine light, but fix the light and you do much better than that.

Still very interested. Give more details of options, tranny, and #/severity of dents and abuse. I need a work truck, but it should still be somehwhat presentable.

Also, I would need to get it out East, so if youknow anyone that would like to drive it that way to visit and fly back, that helps a lot.

Serially, I am searching for a reasonable used, but not abused taco, so your timing may be perfect for both of us.

PM me - I havent been here much.
    Last edited by Core Shot; 05-15-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    . . .

Some pics I took 2 days ago

missing front panel piece

small dent on the front fender

I backed into a pole once

Someone ran into me in a parkinglot

I would have been all over this a year ago...not that I'm mad I spent half as much on an older 4Runner with about the same milage...

Anyway, for those that don't know, Tacos in Colorado go for a BIG premium. Any taco TRD with under 100k for under 10k is a good deal. Hard to swallow I know but you pay for a truck that will run till 250k

Yup. I doubt anyone will find a better price than this. Figured I would give some exposure here before its goes on CL. Make me an offer people!!!

I will also award hefty price reductions if you can provide me with Summer Jam and/or Return to Forever tickets.

bump.....I'm hungry.

Bump

Anyone with some mechanical knowledge can probably fix whatever is wrong fairly easy and for less than $500. I am sure there is nothing major wrong with it. I drove it hard and often this year and it still runs like it did when I first got it with 20k miles.

Come to boulder, take it for a test drive and lets make a deal.

Wow. No interest in the best ski vehicle out there?

OBO people OBO

Price reduced you cheap bastards!

Bump for a solid deal.

I want this truck, but can't put two kids in the back in car seats... suppose I could sell the kids.

If I could make it work... sheesh.

Also, this thing getting about 20-21 mpg average?

Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    Bump for a solid deal.

I want this truck, but can't put two kids in the back in car seats... suppose I could sell the kids.
    Problem solved

I find it funny that you're selling things to get money (trucks, gas cards), trying to find an internship, and yet you just got a brand new $35k truck that you want to put a lift kit on.

Id buy that truck in a second if I were on the west coast but Im not for now. Keep it another 6 months and ill be all over it when I move back to BC.
    Just fucking point it and shut up

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I find it funny that you're selling things to get money (trucks, gas cards), trying to find an internship, and yet you just got a brand new $35k truck that you want to put a lift kit on.
    some people get hooked up for gradjumacating. i remember when i graduated my friends all pitched and got me an entire keg of beer. my parents both gave me very nice phone calls. a truck would have been nice though
    my dog sheds the gnar.

Ok, its still for sale. Had a snafu with a lost title, but got a replacement that should be here anyday. The maggot price here is only good for a few more days. It will be listed for 10k when I put in on craigslist.

Silly cheap price for an awesome ski truck.

bring it to cali and i'll buy
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

What if I pick it up in CO, drive it back to Cali and you pay me for transport and gas$$$$$? Eh? You like that? I said "do you like that?" I would totally do that.

Stop in SLC, hang out there, do some writing, take some pictures, catch a movie, maybe go for a hike, this is starting to sound great actually. Irul, hit me up.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Stop in Tahoe along the way and drop off that camper shell to me and I'll fill the gas tank & style you out with a case of nice suds.

Think about it.

that is retarded cheap.

Can't believe that's the going price on a 100k mile truck these days. I just sold an '02 Explorer with 100k miles for about $4k. Carmax was offering $3300. Would've held out for something higher, but I'm getting ready to move tomorrow and I needed the money TODAY.

I don't think KBB is actually accurate these days with gas prices where they are and the econo in the shit hole.