Fishin' the Sierra.

Last weekend was the first t-shirt session of the year. Tons of fish in this little creek but they didn't like anything I threw at them. My buddy caught a few on an Adams Dry. This was his best of the day.

The creek and Crowley Lake.

The snow is going quick.

Typical rainbow. For some reason all the damn lunkers allude me. I really need to get better at fishing. I guess I'll have to practice more.

I can't wait until the backcountry opens up.

Right on! Looks like a beautiful place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    Right on! Looks like a beautiful place to be.
    The only real downfall is the Southern California tourists but it's easy to get away from them.

Took the canoe out yersterday for the first session of the year. The water was cold and fishing was slow although it was nice to get out and paddle around. The only fish caught of the day on a #20 Zebra midge.

Nice color

I used everything from a parachute adams, tiger midges, hare's ear, Prince Nymphs, streamers and wooly buggers and got nothing. Third time in row. Hopefully it has more to do with the lunar cycle than my inability to be smarter than the fish.

Any day on the water is a good day.

I have a feeling schwerty is going to start humping the couch cushions if he doesn't get out and fish soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    I have a feeling schwerty is going to start humping the couch cushions if he doesn't get out and fish soon.

I'm way ahead of you.

Went lake fishing in the canoe last night and caught four on dry flies. The fishing was a bit slow but the weather was perfect.

This one died. It swallowed the fly and was bleeding pretty bad out of the gills. I tried to revive it and it swam away but ended up upside down on the bottom. First kill all year.

This one was my best of the day. It probably weighed a little over a pound but fought like an old boot. The other two were more fun to catch but none fight like backcountry fish. The picture doesn't do it any justice.

There was a little on shore entertainment late in the afternoon. This fatty was cruising the shore scaring tourists and eating stringers full of fish. It was comical.

and a little video of the lumbering beast.

Those are some dumb fuckin tourons! Good thing they got the photos they wanted.

I can't believe the recklessness/idiocy of those gapers! I was waiting for a 'When Animals Attack' clip or a Darwin Award nominee. I go the opposite way of bears (and moose!).

Oh yea, purdy fish!

We didn't see any bears today, the tourists are all gone and we caught lots of fish. We fished in the same basin but on a different lake. This lake is full of weeds and holds some gigantic fish. Unfortunately the big ones had no interest in my offerings.

There was a four pounder that swam directly under my buddies fly, turned and came back to seemingly sniff it but wouldn't bite.

Most of these fish were caught on a #18 adams dry. At dusk the lake came alive with fish jumping everywhere. I've never seen so many fish jumping at once. It was silly.

I love fall in the Sierra.

holy shit that is a fat ass black bear
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care