kind of small potatos, but a big thing for me

I'm studying journalism at uni, and after first year is when you specialize in either photojournalism or print. I went for the photo. over 40 people applied for one of the 16 spots, and we were judged on a portfolio and marks in certain courses. we were all told that to even have a shot in hell of getting in, we'd need to have at least an A average in all those courses, and of course, a really good portfolio. I just got the e-mail today that I got in, and what really made me happy, is that apparently my portfolio scored really high among all the entries. I'm so stoked right now, working my ass off all year seems to have paid off.

Congrats. I never got accepted to the photo dept at the college i attended....

My best advice I could give you is to double major in business / marketing.... those classes will be way more valuable to you than any photo class.

well i'm doing a joint photojournalism diploma/communications degree. I'm mainly doing the photo thing because I love it and it's interesting, but I want to get into PR work and fundraising/donor relations overseas when I graduate. The photo thing is just because I can work it into the 4 years.

Congrats! That's actually pretty huge in the long run, that can really direct the next few years of your studies, I'd be stoked too dude.
    "Some folks look for answers
    Others look for fights
    Some folks up in treetops
    Just look to see the sights"

Congrats!! I have no idea what this means, but I´m sure it´s absolutely great getting to take photographs over the course of the next few years, and maybe learn something in the mean time.

congrats man thats a big deal. Any chance we could see some of what you entered?