Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Tell you what - since we are going to have quite a few streamer patterns, I can tie mine of the size 14 hooks (I have a gazillion of them) to mix it up a bit - or do you guys want larger?

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    So we are in for 20 bugs a piece correct? Since I'm on the Galloup kick lately, I'll kick in either Zoo Cougars, Butt Monkeys, Sex Dungeons, Kiwi Muddlers, and/or big fleshy looking stuff that should show up in the ass-gravy soup we'll all be fishing on the western rivers...should all work well also in the Midwest and back east on the freshwater both for trout and warmwater uglies. Most in size 4, tied either on short shank or with stingers. When and where do we send them?
    Last edited by Lumpy; 05-13-2008 at 06:21 PM.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

damn i better get busy tying then!

i've wanted more practice spinning deer hair, so i hope bow river buggers are ok?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Can we get a final list with count and whose tying what?? I need to order some hooks!!!
    Last edited by iskipowder21; 05-13-2008 at 07:55 PM.

Well, Yeti set a deadline of 5pm tomorrow - so I assume we'll have the count by then. So are we doing 2 flies per person? So, if 10 people, then we contribute 20 flies?

ahhh gotcha... you interested in those waders?

Gonna pass on 'em right now...

Unless... I do have some spankin' new Salomon S912 Ti's (I skied on them two HALF days is all) with wide brakes (they fit up to like 100mm I think), a size large North Face Mountain Light shell (Gore-Tex) and some other gear I would be willing to trade...

Ahh. Fack it. I'll buy 20 of something, for this 1st round.

Maybe some old-school Grey,Black or Red Ghost
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    Tell you what - since we are going to have quite a few streamer patterns, I can tie mine of the size 14 hooks (I have a gazillion of them) to mix it up a bit - or do you guys want larger?
    I'd dig a couple size 14 buggers.

14ers w/ a longer tail.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

i'd like to be in too if there is room, my best stuff are nymphs, either pt, hares ear, or prince. could probably do some copper johns. does anyone want nymphs or you mostly thinking streamers or dries?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

ok, 14'er buggers it is. kokomas - I could use some pt's and hare's ears.

Update: stand up and be counted by 5pm Pacific time tonight!

Who's in:

1. Schwerty
    2. 72twenty
    3. fez
    4. iskipowder21
    5. hartzejr
    6. G.Gordon Liddy
    7. Yeti
    8. Andy B
    9. L8APX
    10. Adipose
    11. Jimmy Page
    12. Lumpy
    13. Kokomas

Have I missed anyone? If so, it's not exclusivity, but ign'ance on my part. Speak up!

The group consensus seems to be an open category swap, although a lot of us will be tying streamers, which is great.

I'll PM my address to the list tomorrow morning. Please get them to me by May 28. Within a week of receiving them all, I'll photograph them (for posterity and posting), package, and turn them back out to you all.

Any suggestions on how to handle postage? If it's a buck each, I can eat those costs, but I'm open to ideas.

i bet it will be more than a buck for shipping, plus you will need at least a sixer for the divide and package process. we should put in a couple bucks each to cover postage and get you the required liquid supplies.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    i bet it will be more than a buck for shipping, plus you will need at least a sixer for the divide and package process. we should put in a couple bucks each to cover postage and get you the required liquid supplies.
    Good idea.

I'm just going to put them on a piece of cardboard then in an envelope to send, does that work?

I would love to be a part of this, but maybe next time when it is focused on what I know works where I fish. No offense, but I really don't need any buggers, sjw's, salt flies, etc. I keep my flies pretty focused. If we ever have, for example, a caddis or bwo emerger swap, I'll be all over it. Really glad to see this getting going though.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

just make sure you check the weight. if you use bead heads or lead wraps, make sure you have enough postage.
    Ben Franklin

I'm just going to take it in to the PO and mail it from the counter, so they can weigh it.

I went through the postage thing a couple times when I was the organizer of the "Change for a Nickel?" stickers. I ended up on the short end of things. So, let's make sure Yeti gets more than enough in postage and can be good and drunk when he's licking and stuffing.............envelopes.

20 flies and fivedolla is what I'm sending.

Good, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_B View Post
    20 flies and fivedolla is what I'm sending.

Good, yes?
    I'll be sending twenty streamers and 5 bucks
    Harvest the ride.

And so it begins... I'm ready to start on my first fly...

Is 20 flies each going to be enough? How will that divide? Don't we have like 14 or 15 participants?

your bench is about a thousand times cleaner then mine...i applaude you!

Quote Originally Posted by iskipowder21 View Post
    your bench is about a thousand times cleaner then mine...i applaude you!
    Heh - I JUST NOW cleaned it up so that I could get organized to start tying tonight. It was a total mess before.

Also, I might add that my wife gave me a very nice, sparkled purple Caboodle to keep some of my stuff in. What you can't see is the complete mess on the floor under the bench.

I suck and my whip finisher is a cheap ass piece of shit.

Ok, sorry, fist couple flies were kinda sloppy.

Gonna have a beer and get a Griffin whip finisher tomorrow.