Thread: motocross?

motocross?

does any one else here ride moto, i race quads, and ride dirtbikes recreationally, i have a cr250(2stroke), LTR 450(quad), and a TRX 250r(quad)

'83 XL250R

At 60MPG, I'm riding the thumper more around town, too.

braaaaaap !

Suzuki RMX 250 all done up for the woods. Raced hare scrambles for years but now just ride for fun. I wanna step it up to a bigger bore 4 stroke KTM soon.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Gots 2 660 Grizzlies (4x4 quad - not good for fast but fun on mountain roads)

1 wr450F with pipe & fuel mods. It scares me.

I don't race though - I just have fun.

I just trail ride on a DR-Z250. Wish we had some trails closer to the house, but it's fun.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Old school XT-350 - I'm about ready to plate the thing and commute with gas prices too.

Have ridden for many years, dabbled briefly in racing, but it's too expensive, and I was never good enough for my liking to compete.

Now my bike (2001 kx125) has been sitting in my garage for 2 years unridden since i've been away at college, and never have the time/money, or people to ride with. Putting it up for sale when I get home as I'm having ACL surgery in a few weeks, and will be out of work most of the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Riding is the only thing that keeps me sane in the summer. I have been riading since I was 6.5, first thing my dad bought after he and my mom split was a vacum, second thing was dirt bikes. It kept me out of a lot of trouble through school, and even made it so that my dad and I had a relationship other than just the parent son one that everyone has.

Started racing enduros when I was 13 and have been racing fulltime since. Up till this year, I was getting burned out and needed a brake, but am ready now more than ever to start traveling again. As far as what I have done.......raced all across the US, made hundreds of friends from all over the world, and made the US ISDE Team. Only got to go in 2002 to The Czech Republic though since I made the Jr. Team that year. Had to pass this last year since money was gonna be too tight if I went.

Dirt Bikes, faster, and better than Mt Bikes need I say more?
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Motox is fun and all but I prefer Hare Scrambles and GNCC... a 3+ hour enduro with one check and your always late!

bikes I've owned:
    72 SL70 - I loved that bike!
    73 Elsinore
    78 RM 250
    87 CR250 (possibly the best dirt bike ever made... )
    95 KTM 250 EXC
    Vincent Black Shadow. (jk - but Hunter would be proud)

My brushes with moto royalty: Give Scott Summers a master link to get him back into a GNCC event in Boyers, PA. Got run over by Guy Cooper in the same race. lol
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

70's 4 stroke woods bikes

great thread.
    My dad and I used to ride alot in Maine at our vacation farmhouse in Naples on the snowmobile trails.
    He had a Honda MT 250 and I had a MT 125.
    at 12, I'd take his 250 and blast through the woods.
    "Just don't tell your mom "
    every kid should experience that !
    didn't get the RM 125 until I was 15.
    too dangerous, dad kept sayin' - he was right

06 CRF450R
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    Motox is fun and all but I prefer Hare Scrambles and GNCC... a 3+ hour enduro with one check and your always late!
    My brushes with moto royalty: Give Scott Summers a master link to get him back into a GNCC event in Boyers, PA. Got run over by Guy Cooper in the same race. lol
    We had a HS series for one year, it was ok but I definately prefer the way the National Enduros are being run now. Simple format, and NO MORE TIME KEEPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the best thing that could have happened to enduro racing.

Its always cool when your first getting in to riding/racing to meet the guys you read about in all the mags. The coolest thing that I had happen was in Europe. We where walking grass tracks one day when we saw some British team guys, well it was Fast Eddy, and Knighter (Paul Edmonson, David Knight) well we spend the whole day walking tests and BSing with them and their Mechanics. This was long before Knight was known over here. He was still riding Yamahas at that point.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

big Bump
    Supercross 2018 last night in Anaheim
    watched all the commentary and qualifying but slept through the race. 10pm west coast time= 1am here
    spoiler alert:

https://www.foxsports.com/motor/video/1131150915906
    https://www.foxsports.com/motor/video/1131140675948

http://racerxonline.com/2018/01/05/h...atch-anaheim-1
    Last edited by willywhit; 01-07-2018 at 07:51 AM.

jgb@etree Guest
    I've been sidelined for the past 2 years with a bad back, but am looking forward to getting better so I can ride with my son. In the meantime, he's taken up racing and loves it.

round 3 tonight in anaheim

2004 yamy wr 250f. Great bike! Here in Golden bc it's ripping logging roads or crazy mtn trails. Usually both. Lots fun and hard work. But great riding a bike where we sled.

As usual in Canada none of the videos will play which sux.

Hey sponsers! No one outside of USA is watching ...

What a boring track for round 3. I initially thought that format would be good. But, I'd be pissed to see it in person. Maybe 15 min of racing in the first hour, then a huge break in the action. Good thing I TiVo all of these.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just sold my wrist breaker, KTM 250 xcfw
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Enduro rider here, 2012 KT XCF. Rekluse clutch for the win.

Love dirtbiking, tons of single track where I'm from. Not quite as good as the mountain stuff, but I make do.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Glory days. Loved those Eastern enduros. MX wasn't a thing in the US yet.

Name:  KSCN0004.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  190.0 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Braaaap

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Glory days. Loved those Eastern enduros. MX wasn't a thing in the US yet.
    I spent almost a decade chasing turkey runs, hare scrambles and enduros all over new england. so much fun. Seems like interest has dropped off considerably.
    https://www.netra.org/ was the go website for racing.
    hadn't looked this up in many years
    https://www.nedirtbikes.com/ all gone

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_D50sA-zd/
    King Philip was a favorite cuz we knew those woods inside and out, right in our back yard for Boston
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	netra.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	487.6 KB 
ID:	221926  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Been riding but haven’t kept the weight off. https://instagram.com/p/BjbB4xOhluQ/