Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I got scammed here in gearswap by jessejones

His real name is Jesse Jones. Here's his address:

Edit: Took the address out but it is in Seattle.

Wren and I both bought Dukes from him. His ads here are now deleted. I paid on the 8th and Wren paid before that. The only communication I got was his GF shipped them and he couldn't get the tracking number. I told him I wanted a refund and he said no problem. That was a week ago. I opened a paypal dispute and he quit communication again. We'll see how that goes.

Watch out for this clown. It's probably my own fault for trusting him and he's a pretty new member. Sorry but it's really soured my taste. I'm only dealing with people I know now. Fuck you scammers.
    Last edited by Conundrum; 05-01-2008 at 05:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

sounds like the tacomafia needs to regulate. g fuck era.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Too bad it happened to someone who hooks up mags here all the time
    'Least I ain't chicken.

Beware the Jongs. I thought I bought a helmet from this clown, long story short I got most of my money back this week. I know I'll be a bit more careful whom I buy from. It would be nice to have a good/bad list somewhere.
    Driving to Targhee

Ughhh, that eats it. Sorry to hear that Conundrum... What is the turnaround on a paypal dispute?

if thats his pic, he looks like a fag anyway

Quote Originally Posted by cooltsi View Post
    I know I'll be a bit more careful whom I buy from. It would be nice to have a good/bad list somewhere.

I agree. After reading tread after thread about shitty gearswap transactions, I think TGR should have a Transaction Feedback forum so people can rate other members. That way we all know who the good sellers are and who the fuckers are.

This sucks! Conundrum has hooked several people up in Gear Swap, and then this shit happens. JesseJones if you are reading this it would be in your best interest to make things right before a Blurred gets pulled out.

Drive by the house (it's a residential neighborhood) and take a pic.
    Put said pic in box, write on pic that you want your money or product, and UPS to the addy (you'll know when this will be showing up)
    Snap pic of UPS person delivering package (really effective if person is there for delivery)
    Mail that pic in envelope to same address.
    Send email that they have a lovely neighborhood and you would like a refund.

oh, and FWIW, paypal is usually 60days. but you'll get your coin back.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

That is totally fucked up BUT

I would not put his personal info on the web. If something happens to this guy you will be in huge trouble. The way the law looks at this is you are calling for public harrassment and that you are the one who took the risk. Offer up the info via a PM if a mag can help otherwise you may get into some shit.

good luck, I hope you get your cash back
    Hello darkness my old friend

Sucks

Want to add my condolences to a fellow MAG. You've done more than your share to hook up others. Sorry this happened and thanks for the heads up about this guy. Also would be cautious about the suggestion to post personal information about the guy. I've been through the PAYPAL grievance procedure twice. Its a pain, but usually successful.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    sounds like the tacomafia needs to regulate. g fuck era.
    The rhythm is the bass and the bass is the treble?

Week sauce. Fuck 'em up Tacomafia.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I almost bought some Dukes off that same moron..... Sorry to hear that, If I was in Seattle id go pay him a little suprise visit but Im not so.
    Just fucking point it and shut up

Quote Originally Posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    I agree. After reading tread after thread about shitty gearswap transactions, I think TGR should have a Transaction Feedback forum so people can rate other members. That way we all know who the good sellers are and who the fuckers are.
    Meh. Low post count sellers can't really be vetted, and it's easy enough to run a quick search on them before dealing - still caveat emptor. High post count members who scam will either usually make right or get run out of here on a rail (which is a great policy). We're a bunch of vindictive little bastards, even if we just blow and whine on the interwebz. If you're worried deal only w/ people who have been around a while (which should be just as or more important than post count). IMO, we don't need the clutter of seller ratings. Just make sure you post about it when you do have a bad transaction. If you're too lazy to run a search on somebody you don't know, you're kind of asking for it.

edit: I also almost bought bindings off the dude, but he rebuffed my lowball. Dunno why, if he was just gonna rip me off anyways. My offer wasn't THAT low. I'd hold my breath that he's just a fucktard, and not an outright scammer. You may still get your stuff.
    Last edited by focus; 05-01-2008 at 09:24 AM.

Con-

If he said he shipped it with the USPS and you have it in writing, go file a mail fraud claim with them as well. Burn the fucker to the ground.

Good luck.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

RTR is offline Shumanitutonka Ob' Wachi
    Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post
    IMO, we don't need the clutter of seller ratings. Just make sure you post about it when you do have a bad transaction.
    I would agree... as soon as you have seller ratings like ebay, you'll have issues like ebay (i.e. losers threatening to leave negative feedback if you don't agree to their FUBAR terms). IMHO, the quasi-good-ol-boys system that has been developed has become so highly sophisticated, here, is the best bet.
    Click here to increase your vocabulary.

I responded to that tools ad also. After not hearing from him and the thread being deleted I figured it was a scam. A few days later he PM's me with his email addy. luckly I basicly told him to fuck off.

Yeah this guy is a total douchebag. I probably should not have trusted him either, but when discussing payment and shipping arrangements all of his communication was prompt. Since about 2-3 days after the transaction, nothing. He fell off the map. He was communicating with Conundrum, but nothing with me. I too have opened up a Paypal dispute and still haven't got a response.

Also, its been at least 3 weeks for both of us here, shipping from Seattle to Vancouver and Seattle to Idaho does not take that long.

Thumbs down

Somebody needs to pay him a visit. Find out where he works and call him out in front of his employer, a la Blurred.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Also, its been at least 3 weeks for both of us here, shipping from Seattle to Vancouver and Seattle to Idaho does not take that long.
    Seriously...he could walk it there in 3 weeks.

He is about to get a slew of junk mail...does he have an email addy?
    Decisions Decisions

jackasses like this give all us newbies a bad name. Since my join date i have purchased a bunch of stuff in here and have been pleasantly surprised by the timeliness, respect, and consideration I have received from the parties I've dealt with.

The world tends to work shit like this out, this guy has it coming to him down the road. bad form

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Seriously...he could walk it there in 3 weeks.

He is about to get a slew of junk mail...does he have an email addy?
    jessebjones@hotmail.com

I would hold on another week until somebody pays him a visit cause well he might just be a slow shipper. Not responding to emails&paypal claims leads me to think hes a scammer but you never know. When I spoke with him, he had pictures and everything, seemed to know his stuff. Not your usual dumbass scammer....
    Just fucking point it and shut up

Thats actually a pretty nice area in Seattle... well it should be, gets kinda patchie down south, but it's close to the lake which usually means nice.

Sucks this douche is working everybody over. I'm in Seattle. I'm not willing to beat anybodies ass, burn houses or house cats for that matter, but if there is anything I can do to help that is within "reason" PM me.