Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

heli or cat skiing

I will probably do both again this year, last year I had older skis. This year I have new praxis, and new lotus 120's. Which is the better tool for this totally untracked pow. Also, does anyone else worry about taking new skis on these types of trips, as far as getting dinged up more than usual. The problem with new skis is they are hard to take out and get them all fucked up, or maybe its the OCD, thanks

yup. OCD.

This should be good.

Are you kidding? Who has heli/cat rock skis? If your trip lives up to the hype (best/easiest pow ever, not always the case, but it's what you pay money to hope for) then why wouldn't you want to have the best tool for the job to maximize your experience? And in my experience, cat/heli skiing usually occurs on occasions and in places where the snow is pretty much filling in the terrain and running over rocks is of little concern.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

The only thing you should be worried aboot is your skis getting scuffed or their way in/out of the basket.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I refuse to ski new skis anymore after I got a core shot heli skiing in Valdez. I totally nailed a rock skiing this steep spine in waist deep blower and it ruined the whole trip for me.I picked up a pair of old demo Atomic Metros to take on these type of trips.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    I refuse to ski new skis anymore after I got a core shot heli skiing in Valdez. I totally nailed a rock skiing this steep spine in waist deep blower and it ruined the whole trip for me.I picked up a pair of old demo Atomic Metros to take on these type of trips.
    No shit? Same thing happened to me. I asked CPG for restitution, but they told me to fuck off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

So I should prob. either get some mega fat beat to hell rock skis for this or demo some right?

my best friend and i went cat skiing at with Powder Mountain earlier this year and they never charged my card. I waited a while to see if they would and no mas in a couple months. I just told my buddy on his b-day and that a $500 check was in the mail, i think he fell out of his seat at BUB's last weekend when i told him. what happened was they didnt take AMEX and I gave them my card the night before and they never had a reciept ready for me to sign the next morning. The day wasnt really that great since some clown couple from Mammouth kept taking thier own way down most of the day so we were stopping and looking for them. Still a great day and will do it again.

And lay off CPG!!!! They offered mags a huge hookup earlier this year and are clearly mag-friendly.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    my best friend and i went cat skiing at with Powder Mountain earlier this year and they never charged my card. I waited a while to see if they would and no mas in a couple months. I just told my buddy on his b-day and that a $500 check was in the mail, i think he fell out of his seat at BUB's last weekend when i told him. what happened was they didnt take AMEX and I gave them my card the night before and they never had a reciept ready for me to sign the next morning. The day wasnt really that great since some clown couple from Mammouth kept taking thier own way down most of the day so we were stopping and looking for them. Still a great day and will do it again.

And lay off CPG!!!! They offered mags a huge hookup earlier this year and are clearly mag-friendly.
    and you ripping off powder mtn had what to do with this thread?

I din't rip them off. I gave them all the info to charge me. I suppose they still might. but I am guessing it isnt going to happen.

I would go Cat skiing for value and Heli for adventure to answer your question. New skis are still skis so just ski them and quit the worry about damage. If you went both heli and cat skiing you are not in the poor house. If you do mess them up....thats why god created great techs.

Oh yeah about the quiver you "say" you got , why dont you post a pic so we can believe something you say.
    Last edited by 2nd mate; 04-30-2008 at 07:26 PM.

re

ok, now you did it, im calling powder mtn to tell them to charge you... not, kidding, hey, your right, if they cant figure out how to charge you its their loss, as long as you were good to the guides. And yes, if it helps I will try and figure out how to post pics., I was not trying to brag about the skis, just find out if others with new skis risk fucking them up on these trips. Your right about just skiing them though...

the guides were cool except for when the lead launched off a 15 footer he didnt see and was out of position to stop the group. luckily was able to stop and warn the group. for a sub par day we still know enough to take care of decent guides when we see them.

to learn to post just search the search function then learn how to use it.

2nd Mate, you're a deuche for not holding up your end of the contractual agreement. You willing accepted their services. All the elements of a legally binding contract are in place. They can easily sue your dishonest ass, but the fact is, they shouldn't have to. Manup. Or don't, and wait for kharma to break your leg next time you go heli'ing.

This thread is hilarious. Solid work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

the guides were cool except for when the lead launched off a 15 footer he didnt see and was out of position to stop the group. luckily was able to stop and warn the group. for a sub par day we still know enough to take care of decent guides when we see them.

dude, I would probably keep that whole story to myself. Your going to catch alot of shit on here for this, some of the guides/powder employees may even be members here.
    ---------------------------------------------
    "hooked on chronic..."

thanks jong, dont you think I tried to search for this first. I was just starting a thread about taking care of my skis, and you voluntarily told everyone on this forum how you got out of paying for your trip. Your not going to get many favors around here acting like that, deuche. And you "take care of the guides", how do you think they get paid, get new equipment, gas for the cat, food for the day, etc... I hope this forum isnt made up of people with your morals.

Why are people taking this guy seriously?

I don't see anybody but noobs taking jsgaper or 2nd mate seriously.

We're friggin inundated w/ them. "When the world begins to discover your home, how should you feel? Is this paradise lost? Or does it mark the beginnings of a bright new future?"

i am honestly contemplating a call to them right now after putting some real karma and perspective oriented thought in it. I may have been a idiot to bring it up but maybe cause i have felt a bit of guilt towards it and was wondering about the collective?

Quote Originally Posted by Plinko View Post
    2nd Mate, you're a deuche for not holding up your end of the contractual agreement. You willing accepted their services. All the elements of a legally binding contract are in place. They can easily sue your dishonest ass, but the fact is, they shouldn't have to. Manup. Or don't, and wait for kharma to break your leg next time you go heli'ing.
    I didnt think of it that way, and i am a firm believer in karma.

Good god, why?

Getting a core shot in gnar terrain is worth it (and for me to say this is big, look at my username). Coreshots are the price you pay for skiing FKNA lines.

If you don't want coreshots, stay on the groomers.

And I can't believe anyone would ask for fucking restitution for getting a coreshot on a heli trip, or be bragging about not getting charged for a trip. You suck.
    Last edited by coreshot-tourettes; 05-01-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsgaper View Post
    thanks jong, dont you think I tried to search for this first. I was just starting a thread about taking care of my skis, and you voluntarily told everyone on this forum how you got out of paying for your trip. Your not going to get many favors around here acting like that, deuche. And you "take care of the guides", how do you think they get paid, get new equipment, gas for the cat, food for the day, etc... I hope this forum isnt made up of people with your morals.
    search for pic posting instructions

Quote Originally Posted by coreshot-tourettes View Post
    Good god, why?

Getting a core shot in gnar terrain is worth it (and for me to say this is big, look at my username). Coreshots are the price you pay for skiing FKNA lines.

If you don't want coreshots, stay on the groomers.

And I can't believe anyone would ask for fucking restitution for getting a coreshot on a heli trip, or be bragging about not getting charged for a trip. You suck.
    The heli guys told me snowpack was deep and filled in. If I hit a rock ,they were obliviously wrong and should pay to repair my skis..

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    The heli guys told me snowpack was deep and filled in. If I hit a rock ,they were obliviously wrong and should pay to repair my skis..
    What a maroon. Quoted for posterity.

You are what is wrong with america

You hit a fucking rock while you were skiing, BIG FUCKING DEAL. Suck it up and stop crying about it. You are clearly not heli-skiing material. Stick to the groomers kook.

I know, you are a troll and I'm getting worked up over nothing, but I'm bored.