Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H4aO12kh.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	274285

Did a thick crust few days ago but the dough rise was lacking, I did however use Rosemary on the crust and on top.

I liked it. I may try to grind it in the future and mix that into the dough.
    watch out for snakes

oregano man, oregano

Pepperoni, onions, mozzarella, parmesan, basilClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190419_194623.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	279209
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

^strong work. Like the pepper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

This series is pretty great. The sauce episode is very helpful.

I took a shortcut with the ooni last weekend and got the wholefoods pre-made 00 dough. cooked up better than anything I've made yet. I think my hydration is too low.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I took a shortcut with the ooni last weekend and got the wholefoods pre-made 00 dough. cooked up better than anything I've made yet. I think my hydration is too low.
    I have found that dough a bit on the wet side gives me a better rise.

I like to use King Arthur Pizza flour. I'm new to home pizza making and a big fan of King Arthur so when I saw they had it I gave it a try. Works great IMO but I've not tried anything else so nothing to compare it to. Since I just started making pizza it was nice to have a recipe to follow (yeah, I know... I'm a recipe girl at least when I try something for the first time).

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop...our-blend-3-lb
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Been a long time since I made pizza at home, so last night I decided it was time. Sausage and radicchio is my favorite combo (the radicchio gets all nutty and delicious when it's charred). Snapped a photo before I sprinkled chopped basil on it. Was super tasty.

Name:	IMG_2823.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	282810
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

That looks great PL.

I had to look up what radichio is, turns out its chickory and looks a lot like red cabbage.

Learnt sumpthin today.
    Last edited by SB; 05-16-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I have found that dough a bit on the wet side gives me a better rise.

I like to use King Arthur Pizza flour. I'm new to home pizza making and a big fan of King Arthur so when I saw they had it I gave it a try. Works great IMO but I've not tried anything else so nothing to compare it to. Since I just started making pizza it was nice to have a recipe to follow (yeah, I know... I'm a recipe girl at least when I try something for the first time).

https://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop...our-blend-3-lb
    I drove past the King Arthur plant recently so we stopped and checked out their store. Mmm mm good stuff. I need to get back up there this year and do some more shoppin' and eatin'.

Oh, thread reminded me, gotta get my dough out of the fridge.
    watch out for snakes

Mrs Cruiser and the kids got me this shiny new pizza oven for father's day. I know nothing of it but it came to her highly recommended. Anybody play with one of these things? I'm planning to order the gas burner in order to streamline pizza parties but does anyone have any feedback or advice about getting started with lump charcoal and kindling?

Name:	20190616_144319-01.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	285973
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Friend of a friend says they work well.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Mrs Cruiser and the kids got me this shiny new pizza oven for father's day. I know nothing of it but it came to her highly recommended. Anybody play with one of these things? I'm planning to order the gas burner in order to streamline pizza parties but does anyone have any feedback or advice about getting started with lump charcoal and kindling?

Name:	20190616_144319-01.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	285973
    Pm phall he has one of those. Turned out good looking pizzas posted in this thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I’ve got one.... it gets super hot and cooks pizzas fast. I just can’t seem to keep it hot enough to effectively make multiple pizzas in a row, it really seems to lose heat quick after 15 minutes or so.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I’ve got one.... it gets super hot and cooks pizzas fast. I just can’t seem to keep it hot enough to effectively make multiple pizzas in a row, it really seems to lose heat quick after 15 minutes or so.

This was my experience as well. We went to a friends house who had one and it was a chore to crank out a bunch of pizzas.

Made a pizza dough with a sour dough starter discard, turned out much better this time. One pie was puffy and thick and the other was thinner. Both are good.

Name:	Ew2lvaK.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	909.0 KB 
ID:	286564
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Made a pizza dough with a sour dough starter discard, turned out much better this time. One pie was puffy and thick and the other was thinner. Both are good.

Name:	Ew2lvaK.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	909.0 KB 
ID:	286564
    Yum!

Seems one needs to treat the SD pizza dough like one would regular SD, ie lots of proofing and kneading. My first one was not good but these were much better. I also gave the dough a second proofing after spreading it onto my pans in a warm oven.

Not 100% sure if it's worth the extra effort. Nice change up on the pizza recipe tho. Something to utilize the discard for.
    watch out for snakes

Boy is that ooni oven fun to cook on! Had to turn down the burner after a while cuz the stones were registering over 1000*.

Name:	20190626_184449-01.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	286900
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Damn fine looking pizzas here lately.

Cruiser,
    The UUNI is a blast to cook with. Did you get the gas burner or pellets? I've been running pellets in mine and find that it needs a solid 5-10 mins between pies to get back up to temp. First ~3 come out banger, quality diminishes after that due to my laziness and the hunger of my guests. I think the gas attachment would make my life easier and be more convenient for knocking out a pie or two on a weeknight. The pellets definitely make it a production. That being said, its a killer machine for the back yard.

Are you making your own dough? The whole foods 00 dough works wonders in that machine.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Yeah, Mrs Cruiser bought it and I read about it and quickly realized I wouldn't use it unless I had the gas burner. Heck, I've already got an egg that can get to 800* with ease and I never use it for pizza cuz it's too fiddly to keep the temp consistent at that high temp. So I picked a gas attachment up before I even opened the box. Had no trouble holding 900*+ for ~2h with 0 fiddling. Burnt like half a tank of propane but a whole tank is only like $15 so screw it, ya know?

Will check out the whole foods dough next time I'm in a pinch for time as I work next door to one. But, yeah, I've been doing the super basic Caputo 00 dough in my wine cellar with very good results.

Got a road trip coming up. Having some leftover pies on hand makes a great snack or easy dinner if I pull into camp late and just wanna have a beer and not deal with cooking.

Name:	LRG__DJF6711.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	286966

Name:	LRG__DJF6714.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	487.2 KB 
ID:	286967

Name:	LRG__DJF6708.JPG