Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1555
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    This one paid for itself just today.

Attachment 378730
    Nice. I watched a bunch of youtube tonight and am really looking forward to a real oven and giving the convection oven and our dogs a break by cooking outside. They hate that hot smell almost as bad as thunder and fireworks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I wonder how many wildfires will be started by pizza ovens in California this season. Good on the fire extinguisher, even though you're not in California. (All that green hurts my eyes.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I wonder how many wildfires will be started by pizza ovens in California this season. Good on the fire extinguisher, even though you're not in California. (All that green hurts my eyes.)
    I don't think there's much to worry about a self contained gas pizza oven.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Done maybe 10 cooks on the Ooni 16 now. Still learning the thing. Wife and kids aren’t really into Neapolitan pies and one kid has a severe dairy allergy so I have had to experiment. I happen to go light on gluten too unless it’s pizza.
    So far gluten free dough fucking sucks in that thing. Anyone have any advice?

My biggest hiccup is getting s good but not burned undercarriage,(gluten dough). I’ve nailed a couple Neapolitan pies at full temp and done just ok when I preheat and turn off the heat for more nyc pies.

Maybe I need to check temps and hold a certain temp for a more even cook crust to center. I dunno.

The Ooni rocks. Love the thing! Tons of fun for my family and friends,(now that we can feel good about having everyone over). Get one !

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Definitely not in the same league as the fine examples in this thread, but this was Saturday's "I don't feel like cooking dinner" dinner.

I always keep a batch of no-knead dough in the fridge, this one was about a week old, really good flavor. A layer of homemade alioli (like a mayonnaise made with olive oil and garlic), dollops of homemade tomato sauce, and sautéed veggies.

Unfortunately we were trying a new vegan cheese, and it came out of the oven looking almost exactly the way it was when going in. No melting or toasting.

But the pizza was really good!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Done maybe 10 cooks on the Ooni 16 now. Still learning the thing. Wife and kids aren’t really into Neapolitan pies and one kid has a severe dairy allergy so I have had to experiment. I happen to go light on gluten too unless it’s pizza.
    So far gluten free dough fucking sucks in that thing. Anyone have any advice?

My biggest hiccup is getting s good but not burned undercarriage,(gluten dough). I’ve nailed a couple Neapolitan pies at full temp and done just ok when I preheat and turn off the heat for more nyc pies.

Maybe I need to check temps and hold a certain temp for a more even cook crust to center. I dunno.

The Ooni rocks. Love the thing! Tons of fun for my family and friends,(now that we can feel good about having everyone over). Get one !

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I let mine rip on high for 15-20 minutes to get the stone up to 600F then drop it to low just before I throw a pizza in. Bottom crisps up nice without burning and quarter turn the pizza every 10-15 seconds.

For the glutards or folks with gluten sensitivity try getting yourself a sourdough starter and making dough with that. If you make the dough and let it sit in the fridge for greater than 48hrs the natural yeasts in the starter help breakdown the glutens making them easier to digest as well as increasing the nutritional content you can pull out of flour our bodies don’t get when it’s a dough made with conventional yeast and no ferment. The ferment also increases the flavor of the crust which is great

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8932.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	379158
    So Ooni Karu 12” it is. Anything else was going to be September or later. Thing is amazeballs. Best $359 I’ve spent in a while.

How in the world did you take the above photo? I mean, the ooni can only cook ones of those pies at a time but they're both in the same photo. That's not possible at my house cuz the first pizza is always gone by the time the second one comes out of the over.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    How in the world did you take the above photo? I mean, the ooni can only cook ones of those pies at a time but they're both in the same photo. That's not possible at my house cuz the first pizza is always gone by the time the second one comes out of the over.
    It was just the wife and I. The pies came out better and disappeared quicker last night. More wood=better flame-over for darker tops. Pies didn’t stay in tact long enough for pics.

I ordered my 1st pizza in over a year last night, as I was outside all day and didn't start a dough this week.

Won't make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    I ordered my 1st pizza in over a year last night, as I was outside all day and didn't start a dough this week.

Won't make that mistake again.
    It's been years since we've got take out pizza.
    I'd rather eat something else.

Only one I could get a pic of before it was devoured
    Name:  20210711_190047-01.jpeg
Views: 446
Size:  122.4 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

In & out

Name:	20210717_194929-01.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	379741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210717_195512-01.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	379742

Ooni is a pretty darn good tool

Name:	20210717_202549-01.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	379743

Thought I had found a gas burner for the Karu, but tracking shows package delivered before paypal shows it being sent, so less than confident.

Ooni’s supposed to have them back in stock in Sept., and maybe the time-traveling unit will show up in the mean time.

The flame-over with wood/pellets/charcoal a little harder to dial in than with gas from the look of it.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    wife whipped up a couple this weekend
    the caramelized onion peaches and home grown black berries
    is one of my faves
    no ooni necessito
    stone on grill
    to stomach
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The Home-made Pizza thread

Name:	IMG_8990.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	380402
    Pretty good results this eve. Brought these in for the dispatchers on-duty, so prolly need to cross-post to Free Shift Meal. Ham and hot capicola on both, 1 pesto base, 1 tomato.

Going to try out some Caputo Pizzeria 00 flour tomorrow.

I go stone on grill - heat for 15+ minutes on full blast, gets about 700f. It's piped into the natural gas. Cooks quite good. Those Ooni's look sweet though....

Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    I go stone on grill - heat for 15+ minutes on full blast, gets about 700f. It's piped into the natural gas. Cooks quite good. Those Ooni's look sweet though....
    I tried this, but my Weber Spirit will only make about 550-600F, and all the heat dissipates when you open the cover. It’s a natural gas manifold, which they say doesn’t burn as hot as propane.

For the wife, dogs and I, the best thing about the Ooni is not filling the house with that hot oven smell that freaks the dogs out even more than thunder.

Sidebar on the Karu multi-fuel: briquets seem to provide the most consistent heat, but wood or pellets produce a hotter flame (or any flame) between the firebox and chimney. Gas burners are still on backorder from Ooni, but pretty confident results will be better/more consistent than wood/charcoal.

The Weber is plumbed into the house’s natural gas, and I might just split a line off for the Ooni so I’m not running out for propane so often. The propane option will still come in handy for tailgating.

^^^ Would be really slick to have the ooni plumbed into the natural gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    ^^^ Would be really slick to have the ooni plumbed into the natural gas!
    It’s been pretty nice, not running out of gas mid-grill for 10 years or so. Fire pit, smoker and patio heater still run off tanks, but we always try to have a spare on hand.
    Last edited by bendtheski; 08-05-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Name:	IMG_9039.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	381573
    Chicken, bbq, bacon, colby-jack. So good!

Duff concurs.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post

Name:	IMG_9039.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	242.1 KB 
ID:	381573
    Chicken, bbq, bacon, colby-jack. So good!

Duff concurs.

Very nice crust!

Your floor mat looks hungry

I made pizza on Sunday. It's been a while. I needed to find some way to get rid of zucchini. J. Keni Lopez-Alt recommended cutting it into small matchsticks, salting it and allowing it to rest for a half hour or so before squeezing it to remove the excess moisture. He also said the zucchini paired nicely with lemon, so I improvised with what I had and came up with this.

Sourdough crust, olive oil, mozzarella, spanish chorizo, onion, zucchini, and lemon. It was fantastic.

Name:	PXL_20210809_005743940.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	381894
    Last edited by Buke; 08-09-2021 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Try to fix photo orientation