Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    The next time somebody says back door cutter, I'm going postal.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    The next time somebody says back door cutter, I'm going postal.
    If it is on a called 3rd strike, I will accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Now saying this is Price's biggest career start in Yankee Stadium, barring the post-season. It is June. It's a year following a WS win. In June.
    Well, there you go. ARod just said that that a 3-2 pitch that Price just pitched was the biggest pitch in this really important game. Sacrifice fly. Such fucking drama.

At least they didn't call it a BACK DOOR CUTTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, there you go. ARod just said that that a 3-2 pitch that Price just pitched was the biggest pitch in this really important game. Sacrifice fly. Such fucking drama.

At least they didn't call it a BACK DOOR CUTTER.
    Heard BDC called on a 2-0 pitch to Urshula and had to laugh.

Can we do FOX Baseball now? Everybody knows ESPN sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Can we do FOX Baseball now? Everybody knows ESPN sucks.
    Not if Joe Buck is included we can’t.

ESPN’s pointless “no politics” stance adopted by president Jimmy Pitaro was never a good idea, and Dan Le Batard took the opportunity yesterday to thoroughly skewer it on-air while also criticizing President Trump’s attacks on minority Congresswomen.

this is likely to go over well here and cement me further as a hater, so be it.

espn's college gameday's tear jerker stories over student fans with serious health issues, two today with an hour to go; they did not used to do this; used to be a 3 hour tailgate just like when I used to tailgate at university of Houston games. we didn't bring everyone at the tailgate down with a story of someone we know of every time going thru a serious health issue, we got pumped up for the game.

gameday is now a flip to for me, if it's not football; I move on.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Who says you can't be bad at what you do and make a great living?

According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, Stephen A. Smith is in line to become the company’s highest-paid personality, and could potentially earn as much as $10 million per year. That would give him the wealthiest contract in ESPN history. A lot of people will be surprised by this considering how often Smith makes easily-preventable gaffes on the air. Ultimately, though, the guy has a take on everything and never shies away from going on TV and saying it, and that’s what the network values.
    OK, this guy is always trashing my Cowboys, but i gotta admit that I still enjoy watching him. I also think that most of the criticisms against Dallas are valid. He is certainly over the top, but he is very entertaining and adds some juice to some drab broadcasts.

On air, I cannot stand SAS. And he has been a central figure in the era of loud debate sports coverage for me.
    However, I did listen to him on Bill Simmons podcast and I can appreciate what he is trying to do just a little more than before.
    But I can't listen for a minute to this loud debate style. I just don't think it is very authentic. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Who says you can't be bad at what you do and make a great living?

According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, Stephen A. Smith is in line to become the company’s highest-paid personality, and could potentially earn as much as $10 million per year. That would give him the wealthiest contract in ESPN history. A lot of people will be surprised by this considering how often Smith makes easily-preventable gaffes on the air. Ultimately, though, the guy has a take on everything and never shies away from going on TV and saying it, and that’s what the network values.
    Announced today--5 years, $40 million. The mind bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Announced today--5 years, $40 million. The mind bottles.
    If people didn't talk about how much ESPN sucks, they wouldnt talk about ESPN at all.
    Ergo, as the suckiest employee, he is also their most valuable one.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    If people didn't talk about how much ESPN sucks, they wouldnt talk about ESPN at all. Ergo, as the suckiest employee, he is also their most valuable one.
    SAS is like Joe Buck - they have a supreme talent for absolute suckage, but in a careful, non-partisan, mostly inoffensive way. They are masters of their craft.

I would take Steven A over Joe Buck all day.

I also like that guy on Gameday with the beard who does the spots on location. He seems to genuinely enjoy the work and realizes it is ridiculous so might as well make it awesome and a good time. That being said I don't know his name so he can't be that good.
    Live Free or Die

Didn't read the thread but your thoughts on SVP moving his shit home to MD?

I'd like SVP to move his shit to Mars. And for him to take Steven A and Skip with him. Ever time that shit comes on in a commercial I find myself gritting my teeth.

How do I hate thee ESPN?, let us count the ways

Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe

Jesus Hercules Fucking Christ!!!!

I just want to see some highlights from people who actually did sports today.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

^^^ you could of watched FOX news...seemed like they were one of the only outlets who didn't cover it...probably too hollywood & lib for their tastes.

And negro.

ESPN was on in the elevator this morning with Stephen A foaming about how OBJ and Jarvis Landry just need to walk away from Baker Mayfield.

So let me get this right there Steve, two wideouts on a team that is 2 games above .500 should torpedo their own seasons/careers to make an absurd point that no one in their right mind would propose?

I get that sports discussion is largely stupid, but it used to be at least somewhat rooted in reality.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ESPN was on in the elevator this morning with Stephen A foaming about how OBJ and Jarvis Landry just need to walk away from Baker Mayfield.

So let me get this right there Steve, two wideouts on a team that is 2 games above .500 should torpedo their own seasons/careers to make an absurd point that no one in their right mind would propose?

I get that sports discussion is largely stupid, but it used to be at least somewhat rooted in reality.
    Right. They had a bad game. You know who else had a bad day yesterday? Aaron Rodgers.

You lost me at Stephen A.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Right. They had a bad game. You know who else had a bad day yesterday? Aaron Rodgers.
    I look forward to tomorrow's rant proposing that the Packers' offensive skill players demand trades.
    I still call it The Jake.

Stephen A is a fucking joke and always has been. He sounds like such a dick, too so it isn't that funny. Instead he is just wildly wrong. If I am to get my dose of sports blasphemy, it will come from the one and only Skip Bayless. He much less of a dick and is wildly entertaining.
    swing your fucking sword.