Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post

Interesting thought from yesterday... Barry Melrose just got busted for DUI. Jalen Rose was arrested and had absolutely nothing happen to him- think Melrose will get fired? If it's typical ESPN bullshit, then you can expect him to be on the set tomorrow night.
    I thought Melrose works for the NHL network now.

i like SVP....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    And what the fuck is up with that weasel John Clayton. Seriously, how is he not in jail for being a child molester? Such a skeezicks.
    So true. I don't even know what a skeezicks is but that guy is one.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    i like SVP....
    Van Peezy is a funny dude.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    His pock-marked face, no chin, dirty glasses and that alleged dirt-ball pony tail hanging out behind that skinny-ass neck of his. What fucking weirdo. Who green-lit that crime fighter for TV?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post

Interesting thought from yesterday... Barry Melrose just got busted for DUI. Jalen Rose was arrested and had absolutely nothing happen to him- think Melrose will get fired? If it's typical ESPN bullshit, then you can expect him to be on the set tomorrow night.

I think you're talking about Barnaby, and he has already been fired. Also, he was driving on a shredded tire when pulled over and had a previous domestic assault on his recent record.

Unfortunately I can believe that they are doing an hour long Tebow special. How is this guy any different than Vince Young in his first year? Sub-par numbers yet "just wins". We'll see if their career paths are similar or not.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
    I think you're talking about Barnaby, and he has already been fired. Also, he was driving on a shredded tire when pulled over and had a previous domestic assault on his recent record.

Unfortunately I can believe that they are doing an hour long Tebow special. How is this guy any different than Vince Young in his first year? Sub-par numbers yet "just wins". We'll see if their career paths are similar or not.
    He's white and loves Jesus.

Apparently his behind-his-back-nickname is "booger" because he picks his nose and eats it. Heard that from a dude who works audio for Pats games.

Man, looking back at the start of this thread (over 3 years ago) about the only thing that's changed is that moron Cowherd is on twice a day now. Yay ESPN.

Man, looking back at the start of this thread (over 3 years ago) about the only thing that's changed is that moron Cowherd is on twice a day now. Yay ESPN.
    I like him when he goes off on a rant that is somewhat relevant, which is like 2-3 times a week on the radio show, beyond that he has the Jay Leno nasally annoying thing going on.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by geomorph View Post

Yep, I guess it was Barnaby... good to know they fired him, but Jalen Rose is now on TV even more than he was before. Make sense.

On the bright side, I haven't seen Steven A. Smith for quite a while.

He was on arguing with Skip Bayless about Tebow this morning. Yes, it was just as terrible as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    He was on arguing with Skip Bayless about Tebow this morning. Yes, it was just as terrible as it sounds.
    God, those two together...ouch.

Be thankful. I've seen him doing NFL "analysis", which is somehow even worse than his NBA commentary.

so most of you realize that those guys get paid to say things that are ridiculous right? The more controversial they are, the more people listen and get outraged, the more advertising the sell and the more $$$ they make. I like Cowherd alot, but it's obvious that he says things to get people all riled up.

As for their coverage, I like their college football coverage better than CBS for sure.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I don't mind Cowherd. He can be an ass-bag, but it's usually to stir shit. Mike & Mike is as hokey schlockey as I've heard in a while. Fucking brutal.

Mike and Mike are so popular but I just can't stand those guys. So much played out cliche bull shit stuff...yuck.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Between Mike and Mike and Cowherd I pretty much bailed on sports talk radio and went back to music after like 10 years of sports talk all the time in the car. I'll still put on SVP if I think of it but I rarely do lately. The exception is when I'm in Mass., The Big Show on WEEI is appointment radio.

One of the worst parts of moving to AK is you go from 660FAN in NY to only having ESPN radio...

Am I the only one who has no idea what the heck is going on during the Jim Rome show? I'm young enough I should get it but I just end up feeling like you need to be on something for it make sense... It barely qualifies as sports radio half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    so most of you realize that those guys get paid to say things that are ridiculous right? The more controversial they are, the more people listen and get outraged, the more advertising the sell and the more $$$ they make. I like Cowherd alot, but it's obvious that he says things to get people all riled up.

As for their coverage, I like their college football coverage better than CBS for sure.
    Sure I realize that... which is why I hate it even more. They ditched the "tried and true" Sportscenter from the old days where they actually showed game highlights, and replaced it with worthless drivel from guys who don't know what the fuck they're talking about. There are only a handful of watchable guys on ESPN anymore, and if they're not on, I'll change the channel immediately.

I don't know who can sit and watch guys like Bayless, Stephen A., etc for more than 10 seconds before going insane. It's ridiculous how bad their content is these days.

Cowherd is a blowhard that has NO idea what he's talking about. None. At all. I stopped listening to him when I heard him talk about how there's no such thing as momentum in sports, then he continued to ramble on for 10 minutes telling listeners why he's right. The only thing that guy's decent at is interviewing people- otherwise he's right there with Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.

Watching games on ESPN, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY better than Fox
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Skip Bayless wants to have St. Tebows baby.

The exception is when I'm in Mass., The Big Show on WEEI is appointment radio.
    Ice take it back. Big Show suuuuccks. Felger and mazz...well the Sportshub in general...crush EEI.
    Decisions Decisions

Only ESPN could make me miss Hank Williams Jr. WTF.