Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    ESPN typically only covers sports they have broadcast rights to. When they didn't have hockey you didn't hear a peep about the NHL.
    Live Free or Die

This morning, the article on how the Cubs will "learn from losing" is right on the top, but I have to search for articles/highlights of last nights game. Also, the game was on ESPN and the announcers were like "Cubs this, Cubs that" the entire game. I get it, they are from a larger market, but come on. It was annoying.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    This morning, the article on how the Cubs will "learn from losing" is right on the top, but I have to search for articles/highlights of last nights game. Also, the game was on ESPN and the announcers were like "Cubs this, Cubs that" the entire game. I get it, they are from a larger market, but come on. It was annoying.
    agreed, very cubs focused on commentary last night.

The Monday Night Countdown crew ate Applebee's boneless wings while "tailgating" before the Bills game.
    Come on man!

After all this, you guys still watch ESPN? If you didn’t know any better....

ESPN now has cornhole apparently. There’s a guy in the background casually rocking a beanie that says “Titties” on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0378.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	262768

When they throw all their money away on stupidly large TV contracts with just a few leagues, what else do you expect them to televise? 18 hours a day of "experts" telling us what they think, 3 hours a day of actual sports, and a few hours of horseshit programming like cornhole. Good job, ESPN.

Cornhole is still preferable to e-sports.

Joe Tessitore

Some of those cornhole guys are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Cornhole is still preferable to e-sports.
    I saw some drone racing that wasn't terrible. Well I mean it was terrible but I watched it.

The X-Games on espn are virtually unwatchable. The commentators are brutal, and the ad and logo placements are over the top. Apple this. SoFi that. Jeep. Jeep. Jeep. Jesus Christ.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I watched some Red Bull crashed ice last night, that shit needs to be way more dangerous.

edit: maybe that wasn't ESPN. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The ad and logo placements are over the top. Apple this. SoFi that. Jeep. Jeep. Jeep. Jesus Christ.

Word

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The X-Games on espn are virtually unwatchable. The commentators are brutal, and the ad and logo placements are over the top. Apple this. SoFi that. Jeep. Jeep. Jeep. Jesus Christ.

Agree. And so is the skiing/riding. Yeah, I said it Newschoolers.

ESPN+. Also known as the biggest mistake the UFC ever made.

What does ESPN do when it loses 15% of its viewers over 5 years? Make their service better? Add better content? NO! ESPN takes that good content and puts it behind yet another paywall. What asswipes. An extra $6/mo for content that should be on the parent channel. No wonder they lost millions of subscriptions.

It will serve the UFC right when they follow ESPN down its path of decline. Whats the best way to maintain your fan base? Gee...lets put our product on a rapidly declining fee based network that is fucking over its viewership with extra fees...yeah...that's the ticket. Taking a page from the Apple playbook. When your product suffers big sales declines, just raise the price!

At the gym on the elliptical and I look up and see the Red Sox are playing the Pirates in a pre season game. Ordinarily I think of Grapefruit League baseball as the sort of thing that I’ll use to kill time in Purgatory but I figured what the fuck I’m to depressed for CNN today. I start watching what is essentially a talk show with a game being played in the background. I’m not even sure the people yawping even knew there was a game being played. Oh and the Pirates kicked the Sox ass too.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

^^^^and we met for burgers, best in the town, hip place.....oh, theres a double......and she brings out the frys much later than we expected.

Who says you can't be bad at what you do and make a great living?

According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, Stephen A. Smith is in line to become the company’s highest-paid personality, and could potentially earn as much as $10 million per year. That would give him the wealthiest contract in ESPN history. A lot of people will be surprised by this considering how often Smith makes easily-preventable gaffes on the air. Ultimately, though, the guy has a take on everything and never shies away from going on TV and saying it, and that’s what the network values.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Who says you can't be bad at what you do and make a great living?

According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, Stephen A. Smith is in line to become the company’s highest-paid personality, and could potentially earn as much as $10 million per year. That would give him the wealthiest contract in ESPN history. A lot of people will be surprised by this considering how often Smith makes easily-preventable gaffes on the air. Ultimately, though, the guy has a take on everything and never shies away from going on TV and saying it, and that’s what the network values.
    Didn't they just fire every reporter with what can be considered "knowledge" and "inside sources?" Make sense that they'd take that $$$$ and hand to some blowhard douche.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Someone over there just fucked up... (game is tomorrow night at 5)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 5.25.40 PM.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	871.3 KB 
ID:	278264

Stupid fucking clickbait articles like this.... ESPN's baseball coverage fucking sucks.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...baseball-title

Jezuz fuck, could ESPN baseball coverage get any worse? I mean, Fox blows balls big time, of course, but, now I have to watch Yankees/Sox with, I'm sorry, some shrill woman saying stupid shit, but ARod actually said that some fielder has to "activate his hands". He actually fucking said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Jezuz fuck, could ESPN baseball coverage get any worse? I mean, Fox blows balls big time, of course, but, now I have to watch Yankees/Sox with, I'm sorry, some shrill woman saying stupid shit, but ARod actually said that some fielder has to "activate his hands". He actually fucking said that.
    Now saying this is Price's biggest career start in Yankee Stadium, barring the post-season. It is June. It's a year following a WS win. In June.

How the fuck does ARod have a job in the booth?