Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    John Kruk actually blamed David Wright's injury on metal bats. That was the end of Baseball Tonight for me.
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    you know Dan Patrick doesn't work for ESPN anymore right?
    Quiet - they're on a roll.

I listen to sports talk radio a lot, especially now that X-country is gone.

Van Pelt is funny.
    Dan Patrick is funny.
    Ryen Russillo is pretty good and sometimes funny.
    Doug Gottlieb is pretty funny and pretty good.
    Steve Czaban is sometimes pretty funny.
    I would listen to Kornheiser if he was on.

All the rest of the hosts suck.

Analysts, personalities, there's too many to go through.

dude love the Herd...pretty honest dude and kinda funny.

SVP is the man as well.

Most others are douches.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by dRider View Post
    EDIT to add: I suppose their void in programing suggests a motive behind the rumors of a possible rebel pro surfing tour... not sure how well it will lend itself to true "live" coverage, since one or two heats will eat up a whole TV slot. But... I'm sure it could be boiled down into something more compelling than poker, little league baseball, college softball, or whatever bullshit Rick Reilly does for them...
    Speaking of which... check out SL8R making an appearing on Sportscenter... coincidence? Doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Quiet - they're on a roll.

was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor!!!
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    you know Dan Patrick doesn't work for ESPN anymore right?
    Correct, BUT....

At least in Denver (and I imagine elsewhere), his show is now playing on the ESPN Radio station. I think he still works for SI though, right?

Yeah DP works for SI and FoxSportsNet. Kinda surprising they would pick up DP's show when he's on against ESPN's Cowherd, but whatever.

PTI and Around the Horn are pretty decent shows, but this new "SportsNation" bullshit is just terrible.

At least football has now begun. Now they actually have something current and relevant to talk about when 80% of the channel is absorbed by the nfl.

AFAIK ESPN doesn't own that many radio stations, its an affiliate system

So that station may choose to broadcast Patrick at that slot. I know in Albany the ESPN affiliate does a local broadcast "Sound off with Sinkoff" while the other sports station broadcasts Dan Patrick on tape delay(because his live spot is occupied by a local sports talk program)
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I hate

The non-stop Brett Favre dick-sucking, which will now commence in full force. He's baa-aaaack!

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Jong Fuey View Post
    Uhhh....seeing that there is a top and bottom of every inning in a baseball game, Im not sure they could say much more unless you want them to fully state "top of the third inning" or "bottom of the seventh inning". If that is what you are saying, I get your point.

What does bug me is the concept of a "middle of the seventh", which does not exist. From the second the third out is made in the top of an inning, the inning then becomes the bottom of the inning, not the middle of the inning.
    I guess I want them to say "third" etc. Which is a stupid thing to bitch about now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Ryen Russillo is pretty good and sometimes funny.
    Im assuming you heard the story about Ryen Russilio and John Dennis/John Dennis's daughter? Google it, listen to the audio
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Im assuming you heard the story about Ryen Russilio and John Dennis/John Dennis's daughter? Google it, listen to the audio
    hahaha, I hadn't heard that. I hate those two morons (Dennis and Callahan), so I'm glad to hear Dennis take a fall.

Too funny: (Dennis): ".....number two, you're a fffffucking............drunk"

haha

http://3432.voxcdn.com/_media/dennis-russillo.mp3

edit: PS, props to the Webguy, this new embedding system is the tits. Just put the url up there and it works. Nice to see my membership dues haven't been wasted.

Some more hate for ESPN.com.... not only do you have to be an "insider" to read anything worth a damn now, but they also shove horseshit video commercials down your throat when you go to each of their sports pages. Ads are all over sportscenter now, too. ESPN sucks balls in every way possible.

And the new ESPNBoston.com? Give me a break- isn't that essentially what ESPN.com already was?

I had a subscription to ESPN the Mag (free) so I was able to sign up as an insider-except you have to agree that they will automatically start billing you as soon as your subscription is up-give them your credit card # right now-not when your sub is up-I didn't sign up

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    1. Yankees - Red Sox ad nausium, even when they're not playing
    When they switch to an all Yanks-Sox format I'll probably watch more than I do now. Yes, I'd rather get NESN than ESPN.
    [quote][//quote]

This sounds like something you would read in The Onion, but it's an actual ESPN press release.

Guinness World Records Recognizes SportsNation for Most ‘Favre’ Mentions in an Hour

In a matter of one hour Monday, SportsNation – fleetingly known as FavreNation – became a Guinness World Record holder.

In anticipation of ESPN’s Monday Night Football matchup of Brett Favre and the Minnesota Vikings against the Green Bay Packers, SportsNation’s “Brett Favre Blowout” on Monday afternoon featured hosts Colin Cowherd and Michelle Beadle attempting to reference Favre at least 200 times and as many as 275 times during the show.

Guinness World Record Adjudicator Stuart Claxton was on hand at ESPN’s Bristol, Conn., studios for the show, during which he officially witnessed and kept track of the legitimate mentions of Brett Favre in order for SportsNation to qualify for the Guinness World record for the “Most Mentions of a Name in a Television Program.”

Guinness World Records’ guidelines for the record attempt:

* The television program must be live and last a maximum of one hour.
    * Only clearly audible mentions of the name on-air in the final broadcast count towards the final total. References in on-screen text are not eligible for inclusion.
    * The mentions must be made as part of the show’s primary dialogue or discussion; inclusions of the name in background noise, audience chatter or music do not count.
    * Mentions of the name must all be in the context of a discussion and used in sentences which are ostensive and make statements of either fact or value.

FavreNation on Monday included Weird Web Stories featuring Brett Favre, a mock interview in which Michelle posed questions to the world’s most famous No. 4, Michelle sporting a different Favre T-shirt in each show segment and numerous instances of the word “Favre” becoming a verb, an adverb or an adjective. After the first 10 minutes of the show, Claxton had counted 53 Favre references.

At the “End of the Day,” SportsNation was officially recognized for mentioning Favre 203 times and is now the rightful owner of a Guinness World Record for most mentions of a name in a television program. The show’s record is now in line for inclusion in the 2011 edition of the Guinness World Records.

“It is great to see ESPN celebrate multiple Guinness World Record-holder Brett Favre’s achievements in the NFL,” said Stuart Claxton, Guinness World Records adjudicator. “SportsNation are now officially the Guinness World Record holder for Most Mentions of a Name in a Television Program with a total of 203 mentions of the name Brett Favre. Congratulations to Colin and Michelle and everyone involved at ESPN.”

“All of us at SportsNation are humbled to have a record that will be listed in the same book as the world’s largest pizza and the world’s longest fingernails,” said coordinating producer Jamie Horowitz, a co-creator of the show along with Kevin Wildes.

Bumping this thread because ESPN currently has Mel Kiper's first mock draft up on their front page. Seriously. Its THREE MONTHS before the draft, and Mel Kiper is possibly the most annoying person on ESPN these days... and that's saying a lot. The guy doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about either.

he can be annoying but I did read an article that said the last 10 years he had like an 87% accuracy rate which was kinda weird
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I can't find anything definitive from a quick search, but I ran across a few message board posts stating that in the '08 draft, he had exactly ZERO correct picks in the first round.

^^^that is funny stuff.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I'll go out on a limb and say SUH goes first overall.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

i can definitely live and have lived w/out the female play callers and analysts for college football.

i get it, theyre equal opportunity no matter what; but you really need to check your network if you think women calling a college football game is a serious advance for women everywhere.

anytime they want to pay attention to who their audience is, i'm ready to watch their secondary college games.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    he can be annoying but I did read an article that said the last 10 years he had like an 87% accuracy rate which was kinda weird
    But really, who cares who gets picked when?