Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    IMPORTANT UPDATE: There will be NO Smith tent so just look for the weird people and lots of cars. The tents went to Fruita, unfortunately.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

ok, Coyote sounds lame and PS doesn't take reservations. Does anyone else know of any other shuttle services?

PS will probably work for you, just get there early, and be agressive about talking to the drivers if there's a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by altagirl View Post
    Yeah, wait, what???
    I was so hurt you didn't save me a shuttle spot, I pulled a Kathy Bates on my ankles. Oh, and also because the kid is sick again and I can't ditch the 'lil lady. I am super bummed that I won't get to see this --> <-- in person.

Hey, you two better save up some of that Moab gusto, cause next weekend is a GO!
    Last edited by bagtagley; 04-23-2008 at 03:20 PM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy page View Post
    Just wondering.....Do you think a case of Fireball is enough for the weekend?
    Ohz nhoz yhuz dhidn't!

Would love to join the fun, would not survive the Fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by altagirl View Post
    So here's who I have on Kyle's shuttle (Acme)

Me
    Mr.AG
    Inspector Gadget
    Reverend Floater
    Jimmy Page
    shortyadam
    particle
    otter
    dantheman
    altachic
    conundrum
    Dave (non mag?)
    yentna
    skimonkey

And that's all that one holds.
    You have no idea how much this. Aviation Regs. and a couple runs at the heav.Yahoo
    Don't make me come get you....

I think we should plan on a fiesta on Saturday night at the campsite. So if you're staying elsewhere, let's plan on getting after it on Saturday night at the site, yo!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I agree!!
    "JONG!!!!!" is the sound a lift tower makes when a gaper runs into it.
    -Observed at Brighton, UT

Days on snow 2007/2008 season
    Backcountry: 11
    Lift served: 11

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    Oh sure, the one year I can't actually make it out to Moab and freaking everybody is going to be there. I really hate you all. Truly.
    I feel ya, CS!!

Oh sure, the one weekend I can't actually make it out to Moab and freaking everybody is going to be there. I really hate you all. Truly.

boo.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Pet Friendly Moab

I have no first hand knowledge of Moab. However, I have found a few townhouse rentals on Moab Golf Course that are pet friendly. They seem really nice, with many amenities. Does anyone know this area of Moab? Is it convenient? Would this be a good place to stay?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

It's about 4 miles south of town. Probably 10 minute drive to the entrance of sand-flats.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Pet Friendly Moab

I have no first hand knowledge of Moab. However, I have found a few townhouse rentals on Moab Golf Course that are pet friendly. They seem really nice, with many amenities. Does anyone know this area of Moab? Is it convenient? Would this be a good place to stay?

Yup, I have stayed in coyote run, solano vallejo and rim village; all more than once, great place to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    ok, Coyote sounds lame and PS doesn't take reservations. Does anyone else know of any other shuttle services?
    Coyote is fine. Jesse is a good dude. His rigs may be a little slow but you will get a good taste of Moab flavor. I'm pretty sure he will reserve spots as well if you call him the day before.
    "It's too bad that a lot of people have never experienced the feeling of rollerblading in the cool air of a summer evening"
    TheQuietStorm

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron View Post
    Coyote is fine. Jesse is a good dude. His rigs may be a little slow but you will get a good taste of Moab flavor. I'm pretty sure he will reserve spots as well if you call him the day before.
    I certainly didn't mean to imply that the drivers and service aren't top-notch. I think Jesse might have been the one that drive us to Burro last year, and he was really helpful and super nice.

I'm just impatient as hell, and Kyle drives scary fast.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Kyle drives scary fast.
    Yup, someday he'll figure out how to manual the van.
    "It's too bad that a lot of people have never experienced the feeling of rollerblading in the cool air of a summer evening"
    TheQuietStorm

Deschutes variety 48 pack loaded in the cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I might be headed down that way around the 12th if anyone wants to meet up. Fruita would probably be in the plans too, I may want to go there first and see how the fixed up knee does on something a little smoother.

Looks like I'm headed down with tigerstripe tomorrow after work.

The good Reverend sent me a text this morning. He's secured an area with plenty of extra spots and he asked me to post the info here for anyone heading down and not sure where to stay.

It's off of Kane Creek Rd. Stay left at the Y, set your odometer when you hit gravel. Go 5.6 miles. It's the first site on the right after the "OHV on road" sign. He's got a Silver dodge and white subie parked there. He said he would mark it tonight Coors box on the road.