Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Angry An open letter to all the pushers of Oxycontin.....

Fuck you all. This includes the execs that pushed this fuckin beast on to the market instead of researching a better painkiller than a pill form of heroin. Fuck all you thieves that steal shit from people to get your fix, fuck all you mid level dealers that get young kids fuckin hooked. This shit is as bad or worse than meth with its side effects, I fucking hate watching one of my younger family members systematically destroying their life because of this shit. You motherfuckers that make this shit so easily available will get yours sooner or later. The same goes for anyone that pushes shit that makes dying seem better than quitting. Here is a nice song for you assholes.

This shit is just so out of hand. Ive known at least 2 people die directly or indirectly because of it. Ive had money stolen from me at Xtal while I was working there by a fucking oxy fiend and I moved out of the dorms at Baker because it was so damn rampant up there.... only to find my roomate in Bham was just as bad. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/endrant

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Uhhhh....

Just Say No.

^^^I dare you to try that on someone in the middle of a withdrawl. Thanks for the advice Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by crstlextrm View Post
    Fuck you all. This includes the execs that pushed this fuckin beast on to the market instead of researching a better painkiller than a pill form of heroin.

/endrant

Hey, F right back at U

I am intimately involved with people that have severe spinal nerve pain and could not live without Oxy. This drug keeps them alive & functional instead of killing themselves from the pain. They do not abuse the drug and have pain management doc's looking after their welfare. Anyone who is illegally hooked on oxy or legally abusing it should look in the mirror at the problem.

I agree with the OP almost 100%. Elkhound Odin, you missed the point. He was complaining about oxy being way too available - in many cases, you can get oxy from cracking a rib or having migrenes(I´ve encountered this). In these cases, respectively, too strong a drug, and wrong drug. The pharmaceutical(sp?) industry is wicked and immoral indeed. MDs are at fault, too, for subscribing these drugs in questionable medical cases.

I agree with you too, EO, some people actually need oxy, and they shouldn´t miss out on the best drugs they can get. The fault lies with the pushers and dealers of this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by crstlextrm View Post
    The same goes for anyone that pushes shit that makes dying seem better than quitting. Here is a nice song for you assholes.

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Sweet...another open letter. Time for Frozen and Buzz to start slagging on one another.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I broke my pelvis, tailbone, and several ribs in a mtn. bike mishap two summers ago and the bull-dyke emergency room doc on call wouldn't perscribe me shit cause she was under the impression mountain bikers were dirtbag drug addicts. i had to endure two days of white-hot pain until i could see my doc who then hooked me up.

once i had oxys, i could sleep and get through the day. but i also heard from a lot of "friends" whose first question wasn't "how you doin', man?" but "what'd they give you? can you spare a couple?" i ended up flushing a bunch of them because they gave me horrific nightmares and a terrible, unstable temper, but lo and behold, I didn't get addicted to them.

I'm waiting for Rush to chime in any min.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

oxy is terrible for people who don't need it. And it's huge in the PacNW for some reason. When i was in the Navy (Everett, WA), all and I mean ALL of my friends were hooked on it, which sucked ass because all they wanted to do was sleep while I wanted to ski.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Sweet...another open letter. Time for Frozen and Buzz to start slagging on one another.
    Like others have said to me, let it go man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    I'm waiting for Rush to chime in any min.

Crystle- it sucks getting stuff stolen, but watching a friend or loved one ruin themselves is the worst. Speak up if you haven't already.

Good friend is pretty much hooked on it. Sucks.
    "The riding never stops" Craig Kelly

A simple pill "fixing" all our problems? Brave New World anyone?

you can get oxy from cracking a rib or having migrenes(I´ve encountered this). In these cases, respectively, too strong a drug, and wrong drug. The pharmaceutical(sp?) industry is wicked and immoral indeed. MDs are at fault, too, for subscribing these drugs in questionable medical cases.
    I hear these types of situations are also rampant in Calif. with the medical marijuana. But if I had to choose between the two I'd definitely take marijuana. Oxy seems way too dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    in many cases, you can get oxy from cracking a rib or having migrenes(I´ve encountered this). In these cases, respectively, too strong a drug, and wrong drug. The pharmaceutical(sp?) industry is wicked and immoral indeed. MDs are at fault, too, for subscribing these drugs in questionable medical cases.
    You have, obviously, never busted a rib, or had serious migraines. There is nothing wrong with the drug, or the manufacturer. It is a great drug for its intended purpose. The problem lies with the idiots who take it wrongly.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by waltonhockey05 View Post

I hear these types of situations are also rampant in Calif. with the medical marijuana. But if I had to choose between the two I'd definitely take marijuana. Oxy seems way too dangerous.
    I could go for some Soma right about now.

We've got BLOODSWEAT comparing Louis Farrakhan to Michael Moore in one thread, and now you're comparing Oxycontin to marijuana?

WTF?
    "Active management in bear markets tends to outperform. Unfortunately, investors are not as elated with relative returns when they are negative. But it does support the argument that active management adds value." -- independent fund analyst Peter Loach

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Huckable View Post
    We've got BLOODSWEAT comparing Louis Farrakhan to Michael Moore in one thread, and now you're comparing Oxycontin to marijuana?

WTF?
    Cliff - isn't Oprah on right about now?? Let it go already.

get a f.u.c.k.i.n.g. clue.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    I agree with the OP almost 100%. Elkhound Odin, you missed the point. He was complaining about oxy being way too available - in many cases, you can get oxy from cracking a rib or having migrenes(I´ve encountered this). In these cases, respectively, too strong a drug, and wrong drug. The pharmaceutical(sp?) industry is wicked and immoral indeed. MDs are at fault, too, for subscribing these drugs in questionable medical cases.

I agree with you too, EO, some people actually need oxy, and they shouldn´t miss out on the best drugs they can get. The fault lies with the pushers and dealers of this shit.
    Where can I get a subscription to drugs!?! It's PREscription...

You've been listening to too many Librodouche hanger-ons, who are worried about someone making some money... The pharma industry is wicked and immoral? Even the people out there trying to find a cure for cancer? Alzheimer's? Diabetes? AIDS? Autism? Pain management for the terminally ill? You're barking up the wrong tree, my friend. I work in the pharma industry, and we work hard each day to SAVE lives, or at least make it a little better if we can. Yes, MD's need to do a better job, but at the end of the day, people getting the shit online, stealing it from friends and family, or buying it on the corner are the real problem. There are certainly legit reasons for Oxy. I wish I could have gotten some when my back was blown out and I couldn't walk. I got Vicodin instead, and that was interesting enough on it's own.

Let's put this in perspective. You blow out a knee hucking a cliff - a choice YOU made. Do you blame the guys who built the skis? NO. Do you blame the guy who asked you to go out that day? NO. It was your own choice, and there are consquences to the choices you make. Blaming others is pretty much a cop-out IMHO, and is into the realm of litigation parasites.

crstlextrm - I hope whoever this is in your life isn't too far gone to come back. ++++Vibes++++ to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    Where can I get a subscription to drugs!?! It's PREscription...
    Actually, I think it's PERscription. My signature states my position on the subject.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

when I broke three vertebrae, fractured my skull and blew my ear last spring, half a pill let me actually sleep straight through the night, the t3's my doctor prescribed sucked ass, but my parents had some leftovers that did the trick and made me a lot more comfortable.....haven't had any since....

I like the blanket blame for MDs posted above, yea, doctors really want you potentially developing a destructive addiction. yea, that's totally their main priority, make a few bucks or help out pharmaco numero uno

To the other people, like myself, who have never struggled with addiction, I emphasize that we are extremely lucky.

I used to look down on people who were addicts, because I thought "Fuck, why can't they just stop. I can stop, if I even start, no problem. Why can't they?"

Then I worked at a drug and alcohol rehab center for two years and my view changed 180 degrees.

The people who I met and worked with were good people, suffering from a disease. A disease they were either born with or brought on from other drug use. I felt sorry for them.

However, while they may not have been responsible for their addiction, they were certainly responsible for their own recovery.

I met too many people that had been addicts that were now clean to have any real sympathy for the people trying to get clean.

Some people will get it, some won't. Anyone can get it, but not everyone will.

It sucks, and I'm glad I don't have the addict gene.

I don't doubt pharma researchers are interested in helping people... but pharma big biz is directing research towards the most profitable drugs, not necessarily the most needed. If you want to see the biggest problem, look at the rampant advertising pushing drugs for everylittle things with symptoms so vague that everyone qualifiies. The pinnacle is those ads always say "tell your doctor"... WTH? Tell your doctor? I feel a Yakov Smirnov joke coming on...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.