Thread: Wheres Larry?

Wheres Larry?

Does anyone know if Larry the boot fitter is closed down for the season? Or when he'll be opening back up?

I wanted to see him around this time last year, and I never was able to get a hold of him.... You can try, but I bet he's done.

I need to see him too, so I know how you're feeling! My heals were hurting SO bad on Holy Cross yesterday that it brought me to tears!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Larry's been around intermittently but he's getting in trouble with his summer job so i think it's finally quits 'til oct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    ...I would have dove into that bush like Jon McMurray.

i stopped by his shop this past monday. he was just closing down. he told me that hell be back after labor day, but that the fly fishing guys are moving in for the summer.
    "If you are not nervous about your passion, you are not passionate enough about it."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tionaries3.jpg

What is his summer gig? Hopefully R&R is part of it.

damn. anyone know anybody else on the frontrange who can replace a scarpa rivet buckle?

Homi- I'm in the same boat as you and spoke with (a dude, likely larry) on friday who told me to come up on Monday evening to get checked out as he was not going to be around all weekend. I'm driving all the way from the tech center at rush hour so none of you motherfuckers better hose me!

Lee is out until the 3rd of May.

The girl I emailed at Scarpa said that Neptunes might be able to handle such a repair as well.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Just talked to him on the phone. He's not doing anything w/ boots anymore until the fall. Done done done.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Dammit, that's not what I wanted to hear.
    So which fitter is the best bet to get a couple pressure points taken care of in the near future?

I know there has been a lot of hate on Neptunes lately but Chuck Byrd works out of there (don't think he is an actual employee) and know his shite. Great guy to "boot". Look him up if you looking for an alternative in Boulder.

maybe roll down to golden and go to bent gate.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Boulder ski Deals.

Lee at Custom Foot in Denver does great work, although as someone mentioned hes in the alps until May 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    maybe roll down to golden and go to bent gate.
    I had Bent Gate mold some boots once. They didn't know what the fuck they were doing. Maybe I just got the wrong person.
    I go there for most everything else, but not bootfitting.

Sounds like Lee will be my man, seen his name pop up on here before. Thanks.

Lee knows his poop for sure. Long as after the third is okay then that'll be good.

thankfully, Larry took care of my buckles today.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Just went to Neptunes and spent 2 hours there w/ a guy named Matt, working on my boots. Totally different philosophy than Larry. Hopefully his doings will work for me! Unfortunately, the things that Larry was doing wasn't helping or made things worse. Sometimes its good to have some other opinions.
    -
    14erskiers.com