Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A thought for Backcountry.com/SAC

So, many of us are SAC whores. I don't know if everything is pre-packaged or not, but I don't really need 5 or 6 Backcountry catalogs every month.

Would it be possible to add an option on checkout like:

"Please do not include the backcountry catalog with this order."

or something like that.

Might save trees/waste.

I've never seen a single BC catalog.

Neither have I. Strange...
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

I do receive them, but not with every SAC order.

Maybe someone (a maggot) at SAC/bc.com knows how gear whore-ish you are and is just enabling you further and further down the gore tex and fat ski rabbit hole....?
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Well, my last 3 packages within the last month have all had the same exact catalog in it.

I would get really nervous when you start getting Lane Bryant catalogs in your SAC shipments.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Here's another thought for the great people at b/c dot com....how's about marking down those 187 Argos a little more (like the price about a month ago) and you'd have a buyer

bump ^^ for a great idea.
    There's no grain in green.

I've never gotten one and I order a lot from BC.com and SAC, totally weird
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post
    Well, my last 3 packages within the last month have all had the same exact catalog in it.
    yup same. only had two packages, but with the same catalog.

i never got them before until my most recent purchase (last week). when my wife asked me if I wanted to look at the catalog before she threw it away, I hesitated for a moment...

while I would normally enjoy to look at it, I decided it was just best to throw it away before I spend more money needlessly. I figure everything in that catalog would eventually pop up in my face on SAC anyway at a much cheaper price.

I agree with PHISHSHOW, save the trees, nix the catalogs. People who buy shit from SAC probably buy a ton of shit anyway and don't really need anything else to enable us.

i didn't know that bc.com catalogs existed.

this reminds me, i have 2 windbreakers that they sent me by accident that i've been meaning to send back for close to a month now. i really should get on that.

Paging Particle. Your assistance is needed in the checkout line..
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

another bump for awareness of a good idea. or bc.com could keep the catalogs flowing but add in some victoria secret girls modelling the gear sans clothing, then that'd be kewl.
    There's no grain in green.

Heh. Yes I agree, it'd be ideal to only send 1 catalog to each person - but it is kind of a pre-packaged deal. The warehouse just has a pile of stuff - stickers, receipt, catalog, maybe a discount code coupon - to put in each box. Right now, one of each goes in every box, including SAC, etc. We're working on getting more specific with what things go in what boxes - but it's still not going to preclude you from receiving a bc.com catalog in each bc.com order once you already have one...that's some pretty involved stuff right there. It's really not a 'check-box to not receive catalog' issue, that'd be easy - it's a warehouse process issue, which is much more difficult (as I understand it).

We went to recycled paper a few years ago and are always looking for new ways to improve the environmental impact of well, sending out hundreds of thousands of pieces of paper in the mail.

As for those of you who don't receive them in the mail, we tailor our mailing lists to only send print catalogs to our best customers. So you just need to order more stuff and you'll get one before long
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

p.s. we used to do 5-6 catalogs a year, now we've trimmed it to 3 really nice catalogs: spring, summer, and fall/holiday.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    As for those of you who don't receive them in the mail, we tailor our mailing lists to only send print catalogs to our best customers. So you just need to order more stuff and you'll get one before long
    Woohoo! I just got a catalog! I rule!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Eagerly I await the Backcountry.com catalog, forth with this frame of mind it validates my existence.

Quote Originally Posted by dblatto View Post
    I would get really nervous when you start getting Lane Bryant catalogs in your SAC shipments.
    Why? he might like the lingerie section with the big gals.
    Nothing clever to say.

Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post
    There's the clue.

I love Harbor Freight, and have purchased booku shite from them. I get at least 50 catalogs a year from them.

Instead of catalogs they SHOULD give you discount coupons. That's what Harbor Freight does.
    Hillshire Farm is sexy

Grab both cheeks and sink your teeth into the ass of life.

Agreed, plus I just got the same catalog in the mail. I am making my own tree out of BC.com catalogs. I water it, but it doesn't grow....any suggestions?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Gordyman View Post
    There's the clue.

I love Harbor Freight, and have purchased booku shite from them. I get at least 50 catalogs a year from them.

Instead of catalogs they SHOULD give you discount coupons. That's what Harbor Freight does.

I like how this guy thinks.

^^^^shouldn't you be out picking trash off the quad or something?

and SAC, less Oakley clothing...no one wants most of it

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    ^^^^shouldn't you be out picking trash off the quad or something?
    I would gladly if I could walk.