Portland Mags....

looks like i am moving to portland at the end of the month, pretty stoked about that.

right now i am looking for somewhere to live in the St. Johns / Swan Island area. do you guys have any suggestions on where to look besides Craig's List?

what else do i need to know about portland? don't know much about the area....

SE Portland is a really cool area.

Also, good luck ever buying property in Portland, it's definately a renters city with modern day land barons from northern CA ruling the roost.
    i dont slay ur groomerz with teh steeze so dont carve corduroy in r park nOOb!

my arsenal !: 4FRNT CRJ : Armada Pipecleaners : Salomon 1080 Gun Lab : Rossignol Scratch FS : Salomon Yellow 1080s : Rossignol Powair : Elan SCX : K2 Extremes (4 versions)

Quote Originally Posted by newschoolerz View Post
    great. i am trying to get a place in N or NW Portland, so this really helps....

Also, good luck ever buying property in Portland, it's definately a renters city with modern day land barons from northern CA ruling the roost.
    i will be renting until i die, so not really a problem.
    Last edited by DirkaDirkaJack; 04-14-2008 at 09:23 PM.

sorry! NW is cool too.
    i dont slay ur groomerz with teh steeze so dont carve corduroy in r park nOOb!

my arsenal !: 4FRNT CRJ : Armada Pipecleaners : Salomon 1080 Gun Lab : Rossignol Scratch FS : Salomon Yellow 1080s : Rossignol Powair : Elan SCX : K2 Extremes (4 versions)

SE is cool, I live over there now, but I would recommend renting in the Mississippi area if you can find a deal. That is definitely my favorite part of town and the neighborhood keeps getting better. Rents are going way up (including the duplex I rent out) so you have to strike fast on good deals - I had 18 responses to my craigslist ad in 24 hours, 12 people came to the showing. I am not of California and I bought that property very reasonably 1 year ago.

Also in NoPo, you may check out the area around Lombard (try to stay south of Lombard unless you need to cook meth) just to the East of St Johns - that zone is on the come up for sure. NW is very popular but it drove me crazy to live there and drive a car, I would routinely drive around for 20-45 minutes looking for a spot within 8 blocks of my apartment. I had more shit stolen from me in that hood and met more snobby, dumbshit girls in that hood than any other in Portland. That area also has the highest concentration of babes in town, but do what you can to keep them from talking.

Welcome to Portland, this town rules.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Yes, welcome to Portland.

My only suggestion with SE is that you don't live too far out. The further you get into SE PDX from downtown the more meth heads you'll encounter. Maybe you are into meth though and that's what you're looking for?

So, where are you working? Because that might influence where you want to look for a pad.

There's a lot of transplants to Portland, especially recently. Certainly this is driving up the cost to rent and buy homes in the area. Nevertheless it's still quite affordable IMO.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Hmm, I need a roommate in NoPo.

Although I may already have one, I'll know on Friday if I still need one.

I know you wrote me a PM awhile ago, sorry I didn't get back to you, I've been crazy busy.

I'll send out some texts to friends to see if anyone in NoPo needs a roommate. Want to PM me what you're looking for in terms of rent and amenities?
    Last edited by ptavv; 04-15-2008 at 03:04 PM.

If you live with Ptavv make sure you bring some Tires sans Wheels with you upon move in.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by DirkaDirkaJack View Post
    right now i am looking for somewhere to live in the St. Johns / Swan Island area.
    Also, if you live with Ptavv don't ever make the mistake of bundling these two extremely distinct locales.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    I have a 1980 Westfalia I could sell you cheap. The pushrod seals leak a little bit, but overall It's pretty livable. Coupled with a nice soulful tele setup and a few hemp necklaces you'll practically be a local in no time.

You can think about it for a while if you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    Also, if you live with Ptavv don't ever make the mistake of bundling these two extremely distinct locales.
    ahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    Hmm, I need a roommate in NoPo.
    Killed another one?

The gay one left.

He gave me a bunch of designer jeans first though.