Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Yeah, and I can't keep up with the name changes on the longtime mags either.
    I'm rontele.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well that explains a lot

We are all rontele.

I've thought about changing my name on here multiple times, but I can't bring myself to change what the 7th grade version of me that was a great name to use on a skiing message board.

I was registered with the same username over at Powdermag before the Daniel incident brought me here.

I don't know quite what my parents were thinking, but we made a point of trying to ski with Mags whenever we took a trip out west for a few years there. Blurred11's got my dad back up and skiing on a DEEP day at Vail when the toe wings on his Salomon bindings loosened up. As a 10th grader from NJ at the time, I was floored by the opportunity to follow Blurred, Z and Evil E around Vail on a powder day. I got to chase Zion Zig Zag around Snowbasin back when he was patrolling there (which reminds me, where the hell did McWop go?), my first trip ever out the High Traverse was in a group that contained Xover, DTM and Endlessseason, I won a pair of KevGloves from Splat at a Mag Summit raffle in the GMD Bar, we got the executive tour of Solitude from Woodsy and Yetiman, skied Red with Beaver, and shared turns in Whistler with BklynTracy.

Got my first "real" job through this place too.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I've thought about changing my name on here multiple times, but I can't bring myself to change what the 7th grade version of me that was a great name to use on a skiing message board.

I was registered with the same username over at Powdermag before the Daniel incident brought me here.

I don't know quite what my parents were thinking, but we made a point of trying to ski with Mags whenever we took a trip out west for a few years there. Blurred11's got my dad back up and skiing on a DEEP day at Vail when the toe wings on his Salomon bindings loosened up, I got to chase Zion Zig Zag around Snowbasin back when he was patrolling there (Which reminds me, where the hell did McWop go?), my first trip ever out the High Traverse was in a group that contained Xover , DTM and Endlessseason, I won a pair of KevGloves from Splat at a Mag Summit raffle in the GMD Bar, we got the executive tour of Solitude from Woodsy and Yetiman, skied Red with Beaver, and shared turns in Whistler with BklynTracy. Got my first "real" job through this place too.

I remember well my first ski trip out west, I was the only alpine skier in my family. Some shop guy I didn’t know kinda took me and showed me a bunch of good skiing at A Basin after selling me some flexons. It changed my life.

It’s gratifying to hear you remember skiing Solitude with us....and that we can sorta stay somewhat in touch.

I remember it well; it's one of a handful of maggot ski experiences that my dad still references regularly. Between you, Matt and Solitude on a sunny December day in 2003 (i.e. empty), that day made an impression on us. That was my first time ever heading up Big Cottonwood, and somewhere between the S turns and Mill D, I fell in love with the place. It took me another decade, but I managed to get back and spend 3.5 years living full time in the upper canyon. I would seriously contemplate giving up a body part to move back there, it's still one of the few places on this planet where I've ever felt at peace.

Does anyone remember the letter Superstar Punani sent to Ikea about the bed frame he broke during a particularly rumbustious romp? Or his thread "A Gentleman Never Discloses Who Sucks Him Off?" Not sure if that was here or on Powmag, but it was hilarious.

i miss all the funny as fuck people who used to post here

I don't know quite what my parents were thinking, but we made a point of trying to ski with Mags whenever we took a trip out west for a few years there. Blurred11's got my dad back up and skiing on a DEEP day at Vail when the toe wings on his Salomon bindings loosened up. As a 10th grader from NJ at the time, I was floored by the opportunity to follow Blurred, Z and Evil E around Vail on a powder day. I got to chase Zion Zig Zag around Snowbasin back when he was patrolling there (which reminds me, where the hell did McWop go?), my first trip ever out the High Traverse was in a group that contained Xover, DTM and Endlessseason, I won a pair of KevGloves from Splat at a Mag Summit raffle in the GMD Bar, we got the executive tour of Solitude from Woodsy and Yetiman, skied Red with Beaver, and shared turns in Whistler with BklynTracy.

Hopefully I influenced you becoming the surly adult that you are now

Shit this makes me feel old.

Lurked a bit at first, long enough to know I didn't belong on the snow with any ya'll. Constantly marveled at the flame wars, like how the fuck is THAT left up. Posted a little bit in the beginning and learned a shit-ton following the resort area threads before bringing the family out. probably saved 5k or more on trips from '05-'17. pretty much hang out at the PR now just for the laughs and work diversion..

Unfortunately getting old and the last 3-4 trips i seem to fuck something up every time. Sholders knees etc. Only met a few of you in person and was always impressed. YMMV
    "Can't you see..."

I found TGR googling local BC spots. A Skier666 TR came up, I thought it was novel idea and posted a summer hike to the summit of Whitney in summits, lol. 50% of the replies were of how stupid I was. I followed up a doosy of a thread titled "what does skiing mean to you?" and hollee shit the flaming was insane. I oddly loved it and have enjoyed being a total smart ass ever sense.
    Hello darkness my old friend

Holy cow that all brings back memories.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Hopefully I influenced you becoming the surly adult that you are now

Shit this makes me feel old.
    It really takes a village to craft a personality like mine.

We'll have to make some turns together again when the world stops circling the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Holy cow that all brings back memories.
    Whatever happened to Tresckow and Kristen?

I think they're sitting my a childhood dresser in NJ, but I still have virgin stickers from the first 3 or 4 Maggot Summits, I know I had Tahoe, Interior BC, Utah and Jackson Summit stickers. That was back when it was still weird as fuck to meet up with people from the internet.

Oh, a couple more fun facts: I went to a boarding school in NJ, and it turned out that the younger brother of the very first mag I ever met, Laseranimal, was also enrolled there a year ahead of me. Laser was one of the first guys on here to home-rocker a pair of Atomic Powder Plusses.

I also had a class in college with a mag completely by coincidence. Thanks for letting me sober up on your couch after that one football game, 300HP!

Ned and Kristen were in Ogden the last time I saw them. Came across them with ZZZ and others at Snowbasin. Haven't heard or seen them since.
    I don't know of anyone else that has the virgin Utah Mini sticker still pristine. I think I have one but could be wrong. Wonder how many are left out there?
    I also had a pair of kevgloves given to me. They moved on to a homeless guy as I was stopped at a light years ago. Dude thought he won the lottery so that gave me a smile.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0F8167D1-8644-49AE-83C1-5C797F507C84.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	705.6 KB 
ID:	440444

At least that many…

This place is kinda like any ski resort. You’ll see folks come and go, but some seem to stick around for years.

There was a larger yellowish Utah Mini sticker done for 03/04, before the orange ones. Not sure there are any left out there. Last one I had lives on the beer fridge forever.

My Summit stickers all ended up on a helmet that's now long gone.

The memories don't fade. I still remember meeting my first mags in real life. I drove up to Kirkwood on a high hype powder day, which meant getting up around 4AM. Since the opening was delayed and I had slept maybe four hours, I crashed on the snow in the rapidly growing lift line. Turns out I was crashed out on Splat's skis, right next to DJSapp and Arty50.

Got me a huge day at Tignes-V of hiking and dropping couloirs with some young bucks in about a foot of fresh. I'll always cherish that day. They were working service at the resort and gave us first tracks all day.
    Name:  26052_372357155126_519116_n.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  46.4 KB

It wasn't so much an impression as a dent.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    There was a larger yellowish Utah Mini sticker done for 03/04, before the orange ones. Not sure there are any left out there. Last one I had lives on the beer fridge forever.
    Here's a couple (plus some other shit)!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20221231_184440362.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	666.2 KB 
ID:	440708
    Daniel Ortega eats here.