Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Yeah, and I can't keep up with the name changes on the longtime mags either.
    I'm rontele.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Well that explains a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    out East
    Is that somewhere behind back west?

Sweet thread btw
    Chronic Complainer Experiencing Ikon Cognitive Dissonance Since 2018

We are all rontele.

I've thought about changing my name on here multiple times, but I can't bring myself to change what the 7th grade version of me that was a great name to use on a skiing message board.

I was registered with the same username over at Powdermag before the Daniel incident brought me here.

I don't know quite what my parents were thinking, but we made a point of trying to ski with Mags whenever we took a trip out west for a few years there. Blurred11's got my dad back up and skiing on a DEEP day at Vail when the toe wings on his Salomon bindings loosened up. As a 10th grader from NJ at the time, I was floored by the opportunity to follow Blurred, Z and Evil E around Vail on a powder day. I got to chase Zion Zig Zag around Snowbasin back when he was patrolling there (which reminds me, where the hell did McWop go?), my first trip ever out the High Traverse was in a group that contained Xover, DTM and Endlessseason, I won a pair of KevGloves from Splat at a Mag Summit raffle in the GMD Bar, we got the executive tour of Solitude from Woodsy and Yetiman, skied Red with Beaver, and shared turns in Whistler with BklynTracy.

Got my first "real" job through this place too.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I've thought about changing my name on here multiple times, but I can't bring myself to change what the 7th grade version of me that was a great name to use on a skiing message board.

I was registered with the same username over at Powdermag before the Daniel incident brought me here.

I don't know quite what my parents were thinking, but we made a point of trying to ski with Mags whenever we took a trip out west for a few years there. Blurred11's got my dad back up and skiing on a DEEP day at Vail when the toe wings on his Salomon bindings loosened up, I got to chase Zion Zig Zag around Snowbasin back when he was patrolling there (Which reminds me, where the hell did McWop go?), my first trip ever out the High Traverse was in a group that contained Xover , DTM and Endlessseason, I won a pair of KevGloves from Splat at a Mag Summit raffle in the GMD Bar, we got the executive tour of Solitude from Woodsy and Yetiman, skied Red with Beaver, and shared turns in Whistler with BklynTracy. Got my first "real" job through this place too.

I remember well my first ski trip out west, I was the only alpine skier in my family. Some shop guy I didnít know kinda took me and showed me a bunch of good skiing at A Basin after selling me some flexons. It changed my life.

Itís gratifying to hear you remember skiing Solitude with us....and that we can sorta stay somewhat in touch.

I remember it well; it's one of a handful of maggot ski experiences that my dad still references regularly. Between you, Matt and Solitude on a sunny December day in 2003 (i.e. empty), that day made an impression on us. That was my first time ever heading up Big Cottonwood, and somewhere between the S turns and Mill D, I fell in love with the place. It took me another decade, but I managed to get back and spend 3.5 years living full time in the upper canyon. I would seriously contemplate giving up a body part to move back there, it's still one of the few places on this planet where I've ever felt at peace.

Does anyone remember the letter Superstar Punani sent to Ikea about the bed frame he broke during a particularly rumbustious romp? Or his thread "A Gentleman Never Discloses Who Sucks Him Off?" Not sure if that was here or on Powmag, but it was hilarious.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

i miss all the funny as fuck people who used to post here

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

I don't know quite what my parents were thinking, but we made a point of trying to ski with Mags whenever we took a trip out west for a few years there. Blurred11's got my dad back up and skiing on a DEEP day at Vail when the toe wings on his Salomon bindings loosened up. As a 10th grader from NJ at the time, I was floored by the opportunity to follow Blurred, Z and Evil E around Vail on a powder day. I got to chase Zion Zig Zag around Snowbasin back when he was patrolling there (which reminds me, where the hell did McWop go?), my first trip ever out the High Traverse was in a group that contained Xover, DTM and Endlessseason, I won a pair of KevGloves from Splat at a Mag Summit raffle in the GMD Bar, we got the executive tour of Solitude from Woodsy and Yetiman, skied Red with Beaver, and shared turns in Whistler with BklynTracy.

Got my first "real" job through this place too.
    Hopefully I influenced you becoming the surly adult that you are now

Shit this makes me feel old.