Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Pinner left?

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik
    Pinner left?
    check the date

Quote Originally Posted by altachic
    I've been told that some of the Utards thought i was not real, just a troll in the beginning...they said "yeah right, some girl from utah that claims she skis at alta all the time?"

They soon learned I was in fact, a real person...thank goodness.
    And the first maggette to marry a maggot, no less!

So, what was your first impression of DTM?

My first impressions were, "What da fuck is this place"? and I love it
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    And the first maggette to marry a maggot, no less!

So, what was your first impression of DTM?
    Well, I rolled up to meet Xover on Germ, DTM was there. I sat in the middle and listened to Xover talk really loud so i couldn't really get a word in.

I kept thinking..."yeah, this guy Dan is ummm, really hot. I wonder if I'll see him again up here"

FYI...i was just barely 21 back then so that sounds pretty lame.
    you sketchy character, you

I think I met more cool girls at Alta than any other ski resort I go to for some reason. But anyways...

When I first came here I thought it was awesome, then I saw things like JONG and and had no idea what they meant. So I became lost which triggered a downward spiral that transformed me into an angry contemptuous dastard until one day I realised how many of you bastards have used this forum for good. I have since repented to my Father, but I still wish I had found this board when I was still living in Utah.

I had previously posted on the Freeze forums starting in 98. I think that is what screwed me up in the head to begin with.

i discovered the board Googling for a deal on Freerides. first impression was that everyone here has way too much time on their hands reading all these posts, but since I've got a broken neck and can't do anything until September, I started reading some of the posts. Really enjoy the TR's, especially iskibc's...being a CO native from Estes Park, I've always eyed some of those lines in RMNP. I spent most of an afternoon reading and cracking up over the post about the girl looking for rent in Tahoe in exchange for delicious encounters. Lots of good advice here, and i'm sure i'll use the board to hook up with fellow skiers on some cool trips.

Back in '01 or so, we were back in Cleveland at the in-law's house. Scoober went to check his e-mail and I saw him on Powmag. I asked him what it was, and when he told me, I lurked for a while, and then posted. I was subsequently flamed and JONG'd to death.

Overall, my impression is that the board is full of neat people from incredible backgrounds. Collectively it's a really intelligent and hilarious group of people. I liken it to a Thanksgiving dinner - there's strife between certain maggots/maggettes, but generally I would guess that everyone could get along and have a good time.

While we haven't made any summits (yet), we've gone to a few beer summits, and have had a good time so far. Once I meet BakerBoy, my life will be complete.

hate posting in such an old thread...but this is a good one...and one i missed on its first couple go-rounds.

i'm both honored and ashamed that the flamefest between brett and i has lived on in such infamy....

i've changed a lot since then -- i've become more reserved on the board and less reserved off of it, but overall sit on a much more even keel... i used the board to vent, and i'm sorry for shittin on some of you guys.

i do love this place. it's become a part of me, even though i've become more of an observer and less a participant.

i'll probably hang around here for a long, long time.... thanks for the laughs, perspectives, and inspirations.

I joined right around the time EPSkis' son was going through kidney failure. My impressions were that this community was an amazing group of people who were demonstrating strong heartfelt support for someone most of them didn't know (in person).

It was worthy of my first post: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...0&page=2&pp=26
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

I blame Twoplanker for my presence here (started on Powmag).

It has been years now, and back then we was skiing at Snowbasin and heard "Twoplanker" from above Strawberry lift (little did I know that was the first time I heard Frozen, MD9 and others talking). He said "you don't want to go this way" so I headed down.

Talk of the board intrigued me, but 2P said it was a skiers board. I said to myself, ok, I don't care and started the learning curve. I was chastised many times, and yet Im still here.

My best friends are almost all maggots now. I have met wonderful people here. There are still the lifelong friends from college and what not, but there also are some lifelong friends I met on the internweb.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Havent thought about this in a while. I first heard about powdermag.com from an ex-girlfriend who (I think) posted there occasionally. SO, i checked it out, and definately felt at home, then eventually came over here part time, then full time after the mass exodus.
    My intro. to Powmag was about 9 months or so before the first Utah mini, it sounded like a good time so i asked for aplace to stay, and some dude named meatdrink said i could crash at his house for 5 days. So, i took a cab out to Bountiful from the airport, and was greeted my Mrs. Md9, who was running out the door. So here i was, alone in a complete strangers house. I sat downstairs, watched a ski movie and ate cheetos with some strange thoughts running through my head. When GT, Md9 and Meats got home, i had my first maggot meeting, and was very relieved that i wasnt going to be held hostage or anything crazy.
    Ive been kind of slacking on posting around here for the past year or so, but making an effort to check in more and more as this winter approaches...hope to see a lot of you this season.

Saw this thread last year, but didn't post in it then - JONGophobia, I guess. But it's a cool one, so I gotta add my $0.02.

Been such a friggin' nerd that I've been posting on Internet ski sites since 1990 (originally the old rec.skiing USENET hierarchy). Life got busy, and I took a break for several years, but lurked on the PowMag board, only posting to sell some Monsters. Back then I thought it was fulla Attention Deficit Disorder weirdos - I've come to the realization that my first impression was correct, but now I'm enjoying the fact. After the move, lurked here for awhile before tentatively entering the fray, mostly after Gordy's str8line camp and the kewl Maggots I met there.

Actually spend most of my time on the 'other' board (the hippy-stick one, not Epicski) and only reason I don't post here more often is 'cause then I'd get absolutely no work done whatsoever.

Last year was fun meeting some of the Mags, on 2 continents no less. Have to agree it's a great crowd to run with, and looking forward to skiing with more. Even folks I thought might be jerks ended up being super cool in person.

Great to meet some terrific skiing pards like TH (and APD, PS and gramps) and looking forward to next season with relish.

Quote Originally Posted by Steezus Christ
    When I first came here I thought it was awesome, then I saw things like JONG and and had no idea what they meant. So I became lost which triggered a downward spiral that transformed me into an angry contemptuous dastard until one day I realised how many of you bastards have used this forum for good. I have since repented to my Father, but I still wish I had found this board when I was still living in Utah.

I had previously posted on the Freeze forums starting in 98. I think that is what screwed me up in the head to begin with.
    Yea, you were hater initially, but I'm starting to accept you and like your kindler, gentler ways. I think initially is was your avitar. It left me feeling uneasy everytime I watched Sinefeld.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Lotta names from this thread are gone...

Heh. Sweet bump.

It was intimidating back in the day. Lurked a while. Lingered in the safety of tech talk. I think it was 2003 when I joined. Lame screen name. Changing it wasn’t an option back then.

Then got into a few full on flame wars, most notably with Brett or his Jong slaughter alias.

Finally realized it’s just the interwebs. It doesn’t matter.

JH was too cool for school. I already had enough ski friends. And the JH lurkers wouldn’t take spare change, even if you asked them.
    Things have changed there. People actually giving up the goods and sharing the secrets on the DL

Forced to move out East 16 years ago. The board was nice insofar as I got to meet some chill peeps and be introduced to tasty lines. New England would have sucked a lot more without that.

Peace. And powder.
    . . .

Thanks for the bump Bob I look back at the names and the hospitality I was shown and think this is what I love about the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I think it was 2003 when I joined.
    uh...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Haha.

I had another name.

And it was unpossible to change it

Duh
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I had another name.

And it was unpossible to change it

Duh
    So you icemaned?

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    Thanks for the bump Bob I look back at the names and the hospitality I was shown and think this is what I love about the boards.
    When I think of you, weibo, I think of the hospitality y'all showed me in Jasper.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    So you icemaned?
    I ötzi’d before iceman became ötzi.

Perhaps the only trendsetting I’ve done.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Lotta names from this thread are gone...
    Yeah, and I can't keep up with the name changes on the longtime mags either.