Bro Fat or Praxis Big Mtn

Yeah, I'm a gaper so jong me all you like. Just help me out a bit. Searched and didn't come across anything in the way of comparisons.

I'm not doing backcountry and I'm not ripping 50+ down the mountain. I just want everyone else to think that I'm a bc huckster and a ripper....until they notice the lack of a 10-day backpack and me talking with my 9 and 7 yr olds in the lift line .

I do like to ski . And I do actually hit the mountain a few times each season.....really, I know what snow feels like. You develop a good feel for soft snow, hardpack, crud, and everything else once you've had intimate contact .

I want some wider sticks. So I'm thinking Bro Fats or Praxis Big Mtn....any thoughts?

similar. Bro might be lighter, especially if you get carbon. Praxis offers options for rocker and if you buy now offers a $300 price break

No JONGing necessary.

I have skied neither, but have other skis by both companies. I don't think you'd go wrong with either option. Both have pretty big radii, although the Praxis is a bit wider.
    not counting days 2016-17

assuming you're talking 192 in both models, those are both pretty beefcake skis.

when you say you "hit the mountain a few times" are you being modest, or do you really only get a few days a season? (not trying to sound condescending so sorry if it comes out like that). if you really only ski a few times, i'd recommend something a little more easy to deal with (unless of course you stay in awesome shape when you're not skiing or you're a very big fellow).

of course i'm not gonna discourage anyone from buying bros or praxis (i have and love both), but just thought i'd throw that out there. and if you aren't talking 192 lengths then just disregard my entire post
    my dog sheds the gnar.

Quote Originally Posted by strode420 View Post
    and if you aren't talking 192 lengths then just disregard my entire post
    Bro Fat only come in 179...at least that is all I know about. I was looking at those or the 182 Praxis Big Mtn skis.

I don't log nearly the number of days that a lot of others do...around 20-30 each season.

Quote Originally Posted by tsproul View Post
    Bro Fat only come in 179...at least that is all I know about. I was looking at those or the 182 Praxis Big Mtn skis.

I don't log nearly the number of days that a lot of others do...around 20-30 each season.
    ok i thought you might be talking about the 192 big bros and same length praxis. i ski the 179 fat bros most of the time and i personally love them. really fast and stable, still get good float. i have the stiffs, you might wanna try the soft, from what i hear it's still pretty stiff, but better in softer stuff obviously. i don't think hardly anyone has skied the new praxis stuff so you might have a tough time getting feedback on those (or maybe i'm wrong). i'm sure they're sweet though. there are tons of other skis to consider as well

might wanna read some of the stickied threads in tech talk and spend a while (like a good while) searching for other info on these two skis and others as well. everything you want/need to know has most likely already been posted.

your size/current ski/location/naked pics of hot gf or sister will also help get you better information
    my dog sheds the gnar.

Quote Originally Posted by strode420 View Post
    (i have and love both)
    You get out on the new boards, T?

20-30 days is nothing to be ashamed of.

I don't think you've said where you ski, though. That might help elicit alternative suggestions, rather than just a comparo of these two.
    not counting days 2016-17

I have a 192 Bro and had a 195 Praxis. I like the Bro because I couldn't get into the reverse sidecut idea. I really didn't like the feel of it. I do like rocker though. The construction on both skis is pretty good. I would not hesitate to buy a regular sidecut ski from Praxis. I think the 192 Bro is proportionally the same as the 179 Fat just bigger and I really like the dimensions for almost everything. If you are considering those two options, maybe even look at the 186 Brocker. Normal sidecut plus some rocker in the tip. 186 in length but the apparently ski really short. I have a pair waiting to be skied but the season is wrapping up. I'll post my thoughts next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedad View Post
    I don't think you've said where you ski, though.

I spend nearly all my time at Kirkwood. I also travel 1-2 weeks/per season to various resorts.

----

I'm not looking for reverse sidecut. I think the Big Mtn is normal sidecut with both a small camber underfoot and rocker at the tip/tail. The Bro Fat has a small camber over the entire length?

----

I'm trying to get more info from PMGear on the 186 Brocker.....thanks for the heads up.

weird, i edited my last post to ask where you skied, how big you were, and to request naked pics of your hot sister/gf, but for some reason it didn't work

anyhow, 179 fat bro has very little camber, a couple mm on each ski, they are basically flat. brocker sounds like a good idea as well.

SSD - yeah got on them yesterday at vail and they were the sick. thought it would take me most of the day to figure them out (first R/R ski i've been on) but it took about 2.6 turns in the deep and it was money.
    my dog sheds the gnar.

What are the dims on the BROckers. Standard bro sizing?
    ...because warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer.

Totally new dims. 140-112-122. It's a fat shoveled pintail rocker with a couple mm's of pos camber and a rockered tip.

tsproul - I'm in AK right now. Catch me Tuesday and I answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    tsproul - I'm in AK right now. Catch me Tuesday and I answer your questions.
    I sent an email. Not sure if it is to you directly but it was a PMGear email posted on Epic.

Another hobby of mine is woodworking - which requires a lot of patience. I think I can wait 'til Tuesday .

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Totally new dims. 140-112-122. It's a fat shoveled pintail rocker with a couple mm's of pos camber and a rockered tip.

Now quite posting on TGR and make my BROckers!!!!!!

Patience, BROckerson, patience...

wax on

wax off