Unhappy Upcoming Ankle Surgery

Just got back from ortho appointment and I am in for ankle surgery at the end of June. I have a couple bone chips in my right ankle left over from more sprains than I can count. They have been there fro about 10 years, but the final straw was Saturday when my ankle got stuck and would not unlock. I finally got it unlocked after about 10 minutes of yanking and twisting it, but not before I felt a BIG CLUNK in the joint. After that it has been all down hill as the ankle swelled and did not like to be moved. Apparently I have chipped off a piece of cartilage and some bone underneath. I'm up for an MRI in a couple weeks.

But I am going to try to gut it out and compete in the sprint triathlon in 2.5 weeks. The doc kind of looked at me funny when I told him that but he handed me some vioxx and said to give it a try. I am optimistic that I can compete but the rest of my summer is shot.

So in the mean time I am on reduced training stauts until I can get the rest of the swelling out. I can swim and I think I can ride but the running is going to be a problem. The swelling has come down some and I have most of my motion back but I am a bit apprehensive to push it right now. I'm going to give riding a try either tomorrow or aturday after the vioxx has a chance to kick in. I was actually hoping for a top 15 finish in this event.

What shit timing I have!!!
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Damn, sorry to hear... Good luck with the triathalon and the surgery after.

ShadowBoxer Guest

Lightbulb

You too can use your spare re-coop time devising schemes with new aliases and fake TR's!!! You won't need to work off the extra stress of not being able to rub one out, but you too will need to pass the time. PM Pinner for details! (Snow Country and Ted Stryker works too)

Dude I'm feeling for you,

you could always pray for a wet dream!!!

WhiteRoom Skis

ShadowBoxer Guest
    Originally posted by Pinner
    You might have been funny if you weren't so fucking boring. Or predictable.

Asshole.
    Snow Country and Ted Stryker (your aliases) are predictable and boring. Hows "friends of the guys tearing down the lodge" coming along?

ShadowBoxer Guest
    Originally posted by Pinner
    Fuck you, coward.
    Predictable, Yes. Boring? Not that good. Use Ted or Snow to come up with a wittier response Sean.

enough with the thread hijack fuckers, take it someplace else bitches.

WhiteRoom Skis