Exclamation ROLL CALL- Crystal Mt. Closing Weekend 04/11-13

Well it looks like this is it. Even though Crystal has more snow than they know what to do with, they are still calling it a season this Sunday (04/13).

It has been a rather parental season for me, in that I have yet to make turns with any of the Maggot minions this season. In short, I have been following my 6 year old around the hill this year. So it is my hope that I will see many of you up this weekend, and maybe have a beer(s) on the patio afterwards. Also, I hear the Elk is hosting a Regae band Saturday night.

I will up Friday through Sunday. Iggy, Cliff, G.S., BC, Squirrel, Buster, Chainsaw... who's in????
    "You go for it. All the stops are out. Caution is to the wind, and you're battling with everything you have. That's the real fun of the game. "

-Dan Dierdorf American Football Player

Steve - carpool? I am poor and gas is painful.

I have a thesis presentation Friday night, so can't make it up that day.

But hopefully I will be able to make it up both Saturday and Sunday as long as Kenny gets my skis & boots back to me soon. Going to give them a call today to see what is up....

I will give you a call tonight.

Also, finally 21 now, not that it ever really mattered before.
    Last edited by iggyskier; 04-10-2008 at 02:31 PM.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I'll be there with the rugrats tomorrow.

xxl's with dukes. silver helmet. grey jacket.
    Last edited by x lurker; 04-10-2008 at 03:35 PM.

I'll be there with some combination of groms Saturday or Sunday, possibly both. Looks like groomer weather.

Prolly skiing on Libs or maybe K2 GS boards.

Perhaps call a meeting time on the lower lodge patio to send out the season properly?
    Last edited by oftpiste; 04-10-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Steve - carpool? I am poor and gas is painful.
    Sorry Scott. I would happily take you up, but I am staying up at the hill all weekend. If you drive yourself up I'll buy the beer.

I will be with the gromets most of the time (drop in lessons on Sat. maybe). I will wearing my usual: black helmet (maroon beanie if its warm) red Salomon jacket, gray Salomon pants, powder blue Lange boots, and K2 Outlaws. The wife is in a bright green Arcteryx jacket, with the Hawaiian print K2 Phat Luvs. You cant miss us... I will be towing my daughter, and yelling at my son to wait up.

Any of you parents interested in hiking your kids to the King? My son and I will be heading up there; so if there are any takers let me know!
    "You go for it. All the stops are out. Caution is to the wind, and you're battling with everything you have. That's the real fun of the game. "

No dice. In Cali this weekend for my sister's 18th b-day (don't even think for a minute that I would let any deviant off of this board within a 3 state radius of her...let alone post nekkid pics) and and last ski race of the season. Bummed to have missed out on the X-tal action this year. I am one broke m/f-er.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

We'd probably be up for a King climb.

Quote Originally Posted by girlski0912
    ...my sister's 18th b-day...
    Z-Bo will be following you.

Scott, give Cliff a call, I'm sure he'd carpool/ride. If you need his number let me know.

I will lhopefully be up there both saturdsay and sunday. Saturdays looking like I might ski at least part day with a co-worker who I promised I'd ski with once this season.

scott- I'm down to carpool up sunday if i can make it up. I got some skis you could borrow if you are within striking distance of 315mm.

Quote Originally Posted by nutcase View Post
    I will lhopefully be up there both saturdsay and sunday. Saturdays looking like I might ski at least part day with a co-worker who I promised I'd ski with once this season.

scott- I'm down to carpool up sunday if i can make it up. I got some skis you could borrow if you are within striking distance of 315mm.

I am set in the skis department . They are pretty. Bit worried they are mounted a bit too far forward, but we will see.

I should be up both days. I am down to ski with whomever. Don't really care at this point where we ski or who with. Just wanna make some turns.

and I would be down to carpool. Shoot me a PM, or call me if you still have my number.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I would be there, skiing with a friend and another buddy who does patrol up there, but I busted my leg.

But, just so you all know, Saturday is Gaper day at crystal . Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Z-Bo will be following you.

Scott, give Cliff a call, I'm sure he'd carpool/ride. If you need his number let me know.
    GTFOOH!!!

A Jetter sighting! Now there is a Mag that will be missed for the last weekend Roll Call at Crystal.

Igg, Nutcase be sure and call me when you are slope style.

I'll likely be up there both Sat and Sun. Contemplating camping out Sat night at Crystal Lakes in the bc. Weather looks stellar. Anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by fubar
    GTFOOH!!!

A Jetter sighting! Now there is a Mag that will be missed for the last weekend Roll Call at Crystal.
    Thanks dude...miss you guys too.

We've had an unbelievable season here, the best I've ever seen, and I can't believe it's over already! Still snowing today.

But I'm a working stiff, and I've got to make some coin to make next season better than this. Oh well. Spring in MT is my favorite...

Have fun guys.

I don't think I'll make it. I'd rather covet the sweet sensation of yesterday: empty, thigh to chest deep sweetness of virgin lines down the king and little hop off the pig's nose. What a way to say goodbye to Crustal pow for 07/08.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I am off to the hill. I hope I see some of you up there Nutty, Iggy you have my cell.

Look for the guy rolling in the Hawaiian shirt, and ask him for change for a nickel!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I'll be there Saturday with ine mini grom. Look for the long blond hair sticking out of his lid and dynastars. Sunday with 2 not-as-mini groms. One with full-face lid and hair sticking out. Ask them for change.

3:00 on the lower lodge patio for beers either or both days.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I don't think I'll make it. I'd rather covet the sweet sensation of yesterday: empty, thigh to chest deep sweetness of virgin lines down the king and little hop off the pig's nose. What a way to say goodbye to Crustal pow for 07/08.
    Damn...

That hop off the pig is almost becoming your new gimic?

Mrs Brit is ill, our plans in disarray. May stay home and tend to "normal" life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Damn...

That hop off the pig is almost becoming your new gimic?

Mrs Brit is ill, our plans in disarray. May stay home and tend to "normal" life.
    It was one of the best days this year. Fucking amazingly good, bottomless and completely empty. Virtually everybody else skied Braindamage and we had the whole other face to ourselves. Early on it was cloudy and snowing and then just as we traversed out of DFF, the curtains parted and gave us a real Larry Flynt style image of the King, complete with the hazy finish and lacy curtains. Whew!

Yes, the Pig Lob. But this time, I stuck it and skied out, around that cliff and Oh-oh---ohhhhhhh.

Hmm, illness is plaguing your celebrations this year? Is there a chance for a recovery by Sat eve?

It was one of the best days this year. Fucking amazingly good
    Fucker!

Hmm, illness is plaguing your celebrations this year? Is there a chance for a recovery by Sat eve?
    I fear not.

She was in flu's full on death grip when I left for work this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Damn, Buster, knew I should have gone yesterday, but I was a good boy and worked. Well no more, I'm off to the hill now for bluebird leftovers, and will be there through closing bell on sunday.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

Quote Originally Posted by Northway View Post
    Damn, Buster, knew I should have gone yesterday, but I was a good boy and worked. Well no more, I'm off to the hill now for bluebird leftovers, and will be there through closing bell on sunday.
    I looked for you. You should disabuse yourself of this good and bad stuff, it just gets in the way.

You guys don't know me and I don't know you, but I too will be up tomorrow working on my goggle tan and helping with the excess beer problem I hear they are having...oh, might even make a couple turns? Is King still gonna be worth hiking? I know it was last weekend!
    Is it winter yet?