TR:SoCal_Mt_Baden_Powell

April 6, 2008
    Just North of Los Angeles and 2 hours from my house is Mt. Baden-Powell. Summit at 9400 ft and parking at 6500. Easy steep boot pack for the accent. Didn't need the crampons. Had great snow conditions, little windy on upper part.

The Atomics are on the disabled list, so had to take the 202 cm Tua Mega's. Fucking things got caught on just about every tree I hiked under.

Portal to Hell?
    About 2/3 up the hill a big burning hole in the snow. My thoughts:
    1. Someone lit a snag on fire and it's been burning for awhile
    2. Lightning lit a snag on fire and it's been burning for awhile
    3. Space Aliens

Note depth of snow...good winter!

Nice view of L.A.

Difficult logistics to ski the North side of Mt. Baldy in good conditions, but looks awesome.

Transition from the trees into the gully.

Hard to get good photos with sun behind skier.

A little brushy the last few feet, but we skied all the way to the road.

solid mspaint skillz

^^^^^ I'm a linux user...so use gimp (it's free and almost as good as photoshop)

Glad to see some corn, sure looks better then the ice I got. I'll have to hit it again soon.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Nice TR. I really have to get a bit more socal before the season is over. Having said that Mammoth was good this weekend.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Bump for stoke