Page 414 of 435 FirstFirst ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any tips for getting a choke out of a shotgun? I've got it unthreaded, its just pulling the damn thing the rest of the way out, it really seems stuck.

Its actually a compensator that screws into the choke threads, but that shouldn't make much difference.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Anyone have any tips for getting a choke out of a shotgun? I've got it unthreaded, its just pulling the damn thing the rest of the way out, it really seems stuck.

Its actually a compensator that screws into the choke threads, but that shouldn't make much difference.
    Penetrating oil such as wd40 and some hydrogen peroxide mixed together then pull hard?

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Penetrating oil such as wd40 and some hydrogen peroxide mixed together then pull hard?
    If I pulled this hard on my dick it would just pull off. Somehow I got it unthreaded ok, but its seized up since then and wont budge now. Since its a comp and not a true choke, theres a lip where the comp would meet the crown (or whatever you call it on an uncrowned smoothbore) so I wrapped it in tape, and used a crescent wrench to lever against the foreend. I managed to get it to budge a bit more, but I think the pressure was too lopsided, because it stopped moving and I bent the handle of the crescent wrench. It was not like this when I put it in.

Been using oil of course, I'll get some peroxide as well thanks for the suggestion.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

use some heat.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    use some heat.
    Yea I tried twerking at it but I guess it wasn't hot enough.

I guess the iron is the next step.

Yea I tried twerking at it but I guess it wasn't hot enough.

I guess the iron is the next step.
    Have you tried shooting it off yet?

I'm not serious.

But I still want you to try.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    Have you tried shooting it off yet?

I'm not serious.

But I still want you to try.
    Sounds like a good idea, I just gotta find something to plug up the choke with first right?

Literally soak it in PB Blaster over night....choke and all in a cup of sorts filled with Blaster. Take it out and get it hot with a heat gun. Should come off at that point.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Take it to a gunsmith?

... Ill show myself out.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Sounds like a good idea, I just gotta find something to plug up the choke with first right?
    Wait until it snows again. Stick the muzzle end in the snow, load, pull trigger. It will come off, or something like that.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Wait until it snows again. Stick the muzzle end in the snow, load, pull trigger. It will come off, or something like that.
    Name:  strengthnew_by_doctormoodb-dawnvbk.gif
Views: 361
Size:  37.3 KB
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    That's what she said.

That was weird. I found out why it was so stuck on. I was kind of concerned at how I was going to apply leverage when it was hot, but after wrapping the compensator and end of the barrel in tin foil and resting it on a hot iron for a few minutes, it came off pretty easily, but when it did it looked like a decent amount of melted plastic had been holding it on. Strange. The comp has a finish on it and isn't bare polished metal like a choke would be so maybe something from that. I really think I would have noticed plastic when I installed it.

Did ya pull off the bar code sticker before inserting, LOL.

I just won a 6mm ARC barrel on Gunchoker. Now to build something cool with it. Looking at some of the Aero Precision builder kits. Just missed the May 2022 kit.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Nah I have my moments but I'm not quite that stupid. It really felt like plastic too. Odd.

I have another question re chokes. I'm trying to optimize a semi auto to work with lower power target loads, and am loathe to do any mods like cut the recoil spring. I kind of think that a tighter choke that produces tighter groups would possibly create a touch more backpressure?

I have a full choke, any reason to think an extra full would do anything more in terms of backpressure, or is this just mental masturbation?

Any reason to think a full would produce any more than a cylinder? I mean, theoretically sure, but anyone ever encounter any info or data on this?

I would be surprised to find out the small incremental constriction gained by moving from full to x full changed back pressure to any meaningful degree - unless perhaps you were shooting a poorly crafted slug!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yea its probably just wishful thinking. Same with the difference between a cylinder and full I'd imagine.

Polished the hammer where the bolt slides over it, and a couple other surfaces. Strangely enough this gun seemed more reliable when new, and slightly less so when broken in.

Its really not the end of the world if my tactical semi auto won't cycle birdshot I suppose.

The plastic could have been the remnants of wads that got fired/forced/melted into the aftermarket "compensator". Poor fitting accessories can have that happen.
    As for it not cycling low power loads what make/model of gun is it? Almost all semis will have mechanism in place to work with all levels of load pressure.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

The plastic could have been the remnants of wads that got fired/forced/melted into the aftermarket "compensator". Poor fitting accessories can have that happen.
    As for it not cycling low power loads what make/model of gun is it? Almost all semis will have mechanism in place to work with all levels of load pressure.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

That makes a ton of sense re the wads, thank you.

Its a typhoon f12. The manual says nothing below 1200FPS, but seems iffy right around 1200.

Nicer 1200fps low recoil Nobelsport Italia buckshot (which BTW I highly recommend) cycles perfectly, cheaper Federal birdshot target loads are okish, and cheap Winchester birdshot is pretty much hopeless, and turns it into a singleshot. it never jams, just doesn't quite cycle the bolt all the way back with the cheaper stuff. It does have a reversable gas piston, but I have it on the lighter loads setting.

I like it, mostly it seems like a pretty nice gun, and shoots great with ammo that it runs. Fit and finish overall is really good, but there are little things, like the choke wrench they included seems slightly off size, and wouldn't be surprised if the comp I had installed was slightly ill fitting as well, which led to the plastic buildup like you said. I think a gas piston that fit slightly tighter over the barrel would transfer a bit more force rearward, and that might be just a touch loose fitting as well. I may contact them for a replacement.

New to the gun game and got a Walther PDP about 6 months ago and just shot last night for the first time in a while. Ammo was still pricey at $40 for a box of 50 (.45). What are some good sites for buying ammo and any restrictions going to NJ?

GUNS!!!!!!!!

wrong thread
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Strangely enough my tactical turkish f12 shotty seems to be reliable after doing nothing but changing the cylinder choke compensator to a full choke, polishing the hammer a touch, and changing the lube to actual gun lube after having used wd40 with white lithium grease after running out of actual gun lube.

I think that second thing is the key, FYI. I really thought it wouldn't make that much difference, but the grease must have been too thick or something. Who knows, but it stopped running well when I made the change, and started running well again when I changed back, so thats gotta be it. Put 80 round of birdshot through it with only one failure to feed that was obviously mag related.

I recommend it. Very soft shooting.

New addition to the best MM collection. Nicer in my hands than my G20. Just waiting for a heavier spring/guide rod.

I want one. Already have a few boxes of ammo for it with no gun to shoot it through, I've never done that before. I don't like trigger safeties, they feel like they are less precise with trigger pull, but I've ever to fondle this example. I actually don't really like striker fired guns at all, but there aren't any double stack 10mm hammer fired guns. I know theres a replaceable trigger.

Why is the heavier guide rod needed? How do you like the trigger as is?